SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
Responding to Gearhound "countries of the world"
The innocent people brutally murdered by hamas were from all over the world.

nationalities of people killed by Hamas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2182 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
^^^^ if I ever had even the slightest hesitation over any aggressive level of Israeli response, it just evaporated.

No one, in any way, for any reason, under any circumstances, can condone or support what Hamas did and what that site shows. Anyone who does has something seriously wrong with them and should be taken immediately to the sites where this happened and made to see this in person.

When I was 12 years old, my parents took me to Auschwitz. I really didn't want to go, because I'd been to other concentration camps in the past, and they gave me nightmares. They told me it was important for me to go and see it for myself, because someday people would try to convince me that it never happened. It gave me nightmares for a month, but they were absolutely right, and now that I'm older I'm glad they made me go. I think it's also a big part of why I'm now a huge proponent of civilian gun ownership and self-defense.

People need to see this shit. They need to actually be exposed to what evil looks like. And every single one of those brainwashed liberal 20-something retards who are protesting against the Israeli response need to be forced to sit down and watch all of this stuff. How would they react if this happened in their neighborhood, and to their families? I would hope that this country would still have the balls to do exactly what the IDF is doing right now.

Posts: 8903 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
The innocent people brutally murdered by hamas were from all over the world.

Point is, they should be collectively uniting against these savages, and against any nation supporting them- either directly or obliquely.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15712 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Albeit minimal, there were pockets of resistance scattered through several kibbutzim lining the southern Israeli border that did save a few Israeli lives and neutralize a few Hamas terrorists. Any common denominators within those limited pockets of resistance?

Posts: 148 | Location: Troy, NY (The Capital Region) | Registered: November 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
^^^^ if I ever had even the slightest hesitation over any aggressive level of Israeli response, it just evaporated.

No one, in any way, for any reason, under any circumstances, can condone or support what Hamas did and what that site shows. Anyone who does has something seriously wrong with them and should be taken immediately to the sites where this happened and made to see this in person.

When I was 12 years old, my parents took me to Auschwitz. I really didn't want to go, because I'd been to other concentration camps in the past, and they gave me nightmares. They told me it was important for me to go and see it for myself, because someday people would try to convince me that it never happened. It gave me nightmares for a month, but they were absolutely right, and now that I'm older I'm glad they made me go. I think it's also a big part of why I'm now a huge proponent of civilian gun ownership and self-defense.

People need to see this shit. They need to actually be exposed to what evil looks like. And every single one of those brainwashed liberal 20-something retards who are protesting against the Israeli response need to be forced to sit down and watch all of this stuff. How would they react if this happened in their neighborhood, and to their families? I would hope that this country would still have the balls to do exactly what the IDF is doing right now.

These little shits in schools chanting from the river to the see Palestine will be free have no clue what they are talking about. Hamas is NOT talking about relocating 7,000,000 Jews living in Israel, they are talking about exterminating 7,000,000 people. When they talk about 'occupied Palestine' they are not talking about Gaza or the West Bank, they are talking about Isreal. Hamas's stated goal in their charter spells out exactly what they want.

The fact these brats are cheering for genocide in the wake of second worst atrocity to affect the Jewish people in modern times is sickening, vile, and disgusting.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20943 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
We have ships in the area, China's sending ships, everybody in the area hates us. This scene from Red October keeps coming to mind. Maybe not quite that bad, but things can go sideways over there real quick.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/world/...r._Janette_Nesheiwat

Israeli army releases footage of first operational use of ‘Iron Sting’ munition destroying rocket launcher

Israeli forces released footage of the "Iron Sting" system launching a mortar bomb to take out a rocket launcher in its first-ever use in an operation on Sunday.

The Iron Sting, described as "an innovative and accurate mortar bomb," is one of a variety of weapons being used to thwart dozens of terrorists, the Israeli Air Force posted on X, along with video it said showed the 120mm mortar decimating an enemy rocket launcher. The Israeli army used the weapons system in conjunction with the Israeli Air Force.

The weapons system uses a "precise, laser and GPS guided mortar munition" to engage targets in dense, urban environments while "reducing the possibility of collateral damage and preventing injury to non-combatants," Elbit Systems, which developed the system, said in a 2021 news release.

"Its operational use will revolutionize ground warfare and equip battalions with organic, accurate and effective firepower," the release said.

video at link

You see rocket launches first, then targeting symbol, then justice served

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/world/...e-civilians-gaza-idf

"They are killing their own people," Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesman Daniel Hagari said Saturday.

Hagari noted that one-fifth of the rockets that have been fired by Hamas and Islamic Jihad have missed intended targets and landed inside Gaza, killing civilians. That number, Hagari said, amounts to more than 550 rockets.

"Iran is the chief supporter of several Palestinian armed groups, including other bad actors across the region," Truzman told Fox News Digital. "The regime in Iran funds, arms and supports its network of proxies and clients. The caveat with Palestinian groups in Gaza and the West Bank is that Iran is not able to transfer advanced weapons without the Israelis thwarting it. Iran has likely been able to get some weapons through, but it's a difficult task.

"Because of this hurdle, the Iranians focus on arming Hamas, Islamic Jihad and other Palestinian terrorist organizations with the know-how to build weapons," he explained. "With this knowledge, Hamas is able to locally produce rockets, mortars, drones and other weapons. While this knowledge has its advantages in the war against Israel, Hamas and other groups like Islamic Jihad have to make do with the materiel they have."

A chart released by the IDF last week showed an increasing number of Hamas and Islamic Jihad rockets failed upon launch and landed in the Gaza Strip. Nearly 13% of the rockets that were fired toward Israel Oct. 17 landed in the densely populated enclave.

As for why there have been so many misfires, Truzman said he believes it's because the terrorists have not "perfected" the process of developing efficient rockets with reliable materials.

"An example of a misfire was filmed last year by a pro-Hamas outfit called al-Mayadeen. The crew filmed a rocket fired by a Palestinian terrorist group, landing short, striking civilian infrastructure," he said. "While Hamas and other groups have learned how to self-produce rockets, it certainly doesn't mean they have perfected it, and this is likely the reason why we are witnessing some of these rockets landing inside the Gaza Strip."

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.foxnews.com/world/...r._Janette_Nesheiwat

Israeli army releases footage of first operational use of ‘Iron Sting’ munition destroying rocket launcher
<snip>

I like it!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9197 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
The behavior of the "kids" on college campuses, in support of Hamas, reminds of lyrics from a recent tune dropped by Miley Cyrus:
"You tell me time has done changed me
That's fine, I've had a good run
I know I used to be crazy
That's 'causе I used to be young".

Seems spot on.

Posts: 2932 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you, Sir. You've made my day.

Posts: 11387 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Since when have the Houthi rebels had missiles capable of reaching Israel? Regardless of what we're being told by our State Department, it certainly appears to many experts that these attacks were directed towards our own Navy ships. If so, wouldn't this be a declaration of war by the Iranians against OUR COUNTRY???

ABC News

The USS Carney, a U.S. Navy guided-missile destroyer in the northern Red Sea, on Thursday shot down multiple missiles and drones launched by Iranian-backed Houthis in Yemen that the Pentagon said were potentially headed toward targets in Israel. It is the first time in recent memory that a U.S. Navy ship in the Middle East has engaged missiles and drones that were not directly aimed at the vessel. It's also the first U.S. military action taken to defend Israel in the current crisis and with the U.S. and other countries trying to contain the conflict between Israel and Hamas, the possibility that an Iranian-backed proxy group fired missiles and drones at Israel is sure to increase growing regional tensions. The ship was in the Red Sea on Thursday evening local time when it intercepted three land attack cruise missiles and several drones, Pentagon spokesman Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said at a press briefing. U.S. officials on Friday told ABC News that the Carney had brought down four cruise missiles and 14 drones launched by the Houthis, an update from the three missiles and eight drones reported earlier.

The preliminary U.S. assessment was that the USS Carney was not the target of any of the Houthi missiles or drones, according to multiple U.S. officials. "We cannot say for certain what these missiles and drones were targeting but they were launched from Yemen heading north along the Red Sea potentially to targets in Israel," said Ryder who added that information about the engagements was still being processed. It’s unclear from where the Houthi militia's missiles were fired but they were headed in a northerly direction, an official said. The Houthis are an Iranian-backed Shiite movement that has seized control over much of northern Yemen and has been at war with recent years while Yemen has been at war with a Saudi-led coalition since 2015. As part of that conflict, the Houthis have launched missiles and drones deep into Saudi Arabia, but it appears that the missiles intercepted on Thursday were not aimed at targets inside Saudi Arabia. Last week, Houthi leader Abdel-Malek al-Houthi was quoted as saying that if the U.S. directly intervened in the Gaza conflict his group would respond by firing drones and missiles, and take other military options. "There are red lines when it comes to Gaza," he said, according to the SITE Intel Group.

Thursday's incident occurred during the early evening hours (local time) when the missiles and drones were detected moving northward above the waters of the Red Sea. The missiles fired by the Houthis were engaged by SM2 missiles carried aboard the USS Carney, a U.S. official told ABC News. No information was released about what weapons platform aboard the Carney brought down the 8 drones. Brig. Gen. Ryder told reporters that the intercepts had taken place over water and not land. No sailors aboard the ship were harmed according to a U.S. official.

The United States has boosted its military presence in the region since the start of the Israel-Hamas war nearly two weeks ago. The USS Carney is part of the USS Gerald R. Ford carrier strike group that was deployed to the eastern Mediterranean to deter Iran and Hezbollah from joining the Israel-Hamas war. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin recently extended the deployment of the Ford strike group so it can remain in the eastern Mediterranean and had ordered the deployment of additional fighter aircraft to U.S. airbases in the region. To increase U.S. deterrence of an expansion in the conflict the Ford will soon be joined in the eastern Mediterranean by the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower carrier strike group that left Norfolk, Virginia on Saturday and could arrive in the region over the next 7 to 10 days. "By posturing these U.S. naval assets and advanced fighter aircraft in the region, we aim to send a strong message intended to deter a wider conflict to bolster regional stability and of course to make it clear that we will protect and defend our national security interests," Ryder told reporters Thursday. The USS Carney had just transited into the Red Sea through the Suez Canal on Wednesday which is why the destroyer was still located in the northern stretch of that body of water that borders, Egypt, Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, and Yemen. The missile shot down by the USS Carney will bolster the deterrence in the region and demonstrate that the show of force is serious stuff, a senior U.S. official told ABC News. The risk to U.S. forces and U.S. interests in the region has increased particularly in the wake of a deadly explosion at a hospital in Gaza earlier this week that inflamed regional tensions. On Wednesday, three drones were shot down by U.S. military forces as they neared bases in western and northern Iraq, another drone was shot down near U.S. forces in eastern Syria on Thursday.

A U.S. contractor sheltering in place at one of the bases in Iraq died of a cardiac arrest in one of the incidents. Al Asad airbase in western Iraq experienced indirect fire on Thursday according to a U.S. official. The Carney's shootdown of Houthi missiles opens up the possibility that the U.S. Navy may have to position more ships in the Red Sea if the U.S. commits to protecting Israel from a southern attack said Steve Ganyard, an ABC News contributor and a former Pentagon official. "The larger concern is if Iran now considers U.S. ships fair game," said Ganyard. "Because if the Houthis shoot at a U.S. ship there will be little doubt that it would have been at Tehran’s direction." "That said, there is nothing to suggest, no known reason to believe that Iran wants a fight with the U.S. and/or Israel," said Ganyard. "So, hopefully things calm down." ABC News' Martha Raddatz contributed to this report.

https://abcnews.go.com/Interna...a/story?id=104147141

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10234 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7359 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Interrogations of surviving Hamas at the link. Anybody understand what they are saying?

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-769825

Posts: 11189 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I really love the exposure and attention on Hamas' tactics.

Pretty tough to defend their legitimacy, but that isn't stopping assholes from trying, and showing the world their true colors in the process.

What a crazy time to be alive.

Posts: 5191 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
I really love the exposure and attention on Hamas' tactics.

Pretty tough to defend their legitimacy, but that isn't stopping assholes from trying, and showing the world their true colors in the process.

What a crazy time to be alive.

Yet, there's a couple hundred people protesting last night in Chicago FOR Hamas/Palastine. Other places and people too. A few people walked out of a Dave Chappell show the other night because of his point of view on this situation.

"true colors" be damned, there's still a bunch of really stupid people out there that view Hamas as "The Poor, The Downtrodden, The Opperssed..."

There's a large Muslim / Middle Eastern population in the south west suburbs of Chicago. I unfortunately had to drive through there the other day, fuck them and the camel they fucked to get here. Signs of "Death to Israelis" and "Death to all Infedels"...
Same asshole neighborhoods that were waving their Palistininan flags, Saudi, Kuaiti, Yemin... Flags the days after September 11, 2001.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8406 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/midd...l-hostages-released/

Biden says any discussions about a Gaza ceasefire can only take place if Hamas frees all hostages seized from Israel in its October 7 attack.

“We should have those hostages released and then we can talk,” Biden says at a White House event, when asked if he would support a “hostages-for-ceasefire” deal.

The comment indicates that the US may not support Israel’s goal of eliminating Hamas, should the 220 people kidnapped by the group be released.

Two weeks ago, Biden said that Israel had not only a “right,” but a “duty” to fight Hamas. Israelis were deeply grateful for his support, but now some are beginning to doubt he meant to keep his promise.

---------------------

obama statement on Israel situation ends w this:

It means acknowledging that Palestinians have also lived in disputed territories for generations; that many of them were not only displaced when Israel was formed but continue to be forcibly displaced by a settler movement that too often has received tacit or explicit support from the Israeli government; that Palestinian leaders who’ve been willing to make concessions for a two-state solution have too often had little to show for their efforts; and that it is possible for people of good will to champion Palestinian rights and oppose certain Israeli government policies in the West Bank and Gaza without being anti-semitic.

Perhaps most of all, it means we should choose not to always assume the worst in those with whom we disagree. In an age of constant rancor, trolling and misinformation on social media, at a time when so many politicians and attention seekers see an advantage in shedding heat rather than light, it may be unrealistic to expect respectful dialogue on any issue — much less on an issue with such high stakes and after so much blood has been spilled. But if we care about keeping open the possibility of peace, security and dignity for future generations of Israeli and Palestinian children — as well as for our own children — then it falls upon all of us to at least make the effort to model, in our own words and actions, the kind of world we want them to inherit.

don't assume the worst about Hamas ? "with whom we disagree" ?

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Two weeks ago, Biden said that Israel had not only a “right,” but a “duty” to fight Hamas. Israelis were deeply grateful for his support, but now some are beginning to doubt he meant to keep his promise.

No kidding. He is a lying sack of shit.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17508 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post