SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 174
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
White House “accidentally” posts pictures of delta operators assisting in Israel.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us...-special-ops-israel/

quote:
“We regret the error and any issues this may have caused.”

There's no MAY, you did it, you absolutely created a major problem. These guys will not be able to continue in their current capacity either with this unit or, any other organization that is involved in any clandestine activities. You ruined the career of several serviceman so, who's career at the White House Press Office should be tarred and exposed?

Interesting how Democratic Presidents seem to be prone to this. Obama did it once and also exposed the DevGru platoon that took down Bin Laden to a mission with local forces that ended up in all of them getting killed.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38221 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's move on, please

Posts: 109097 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:

This video is several years old, is it not?

Posts: 21365 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
UNRWA warning: If we do not get fuel urgently, we will be forced to halt our operations in the #GazaStrip as of tomorrow night

UN agency says its #Gaza operation will end tomorrow 'if we don't get fuel'

oh my

Israel Defense Forces @IDF
These fuel tanks are inside Gaza.

They contain more than 500,000 liters of fuel.

Ask Hamas if you can have some.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a thought on the importance of fuel in gaza:

quote:
Security source: When the power goes, Hamas will be forced out of the tunnels

"Official says without power, the ventilation systems in Hamas' tunnels won't work and leaders will be forced to leave tunnels or suffocate."

Hamas fears that in the coming days, the Gaza Strip will run out of fuel and there will be no electricity, which will cause the ventilation systems in the tunnels dug under the enclave to shut down, a security official told Walla today (Tuesday).

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/379104

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13494 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Official says without power, the ventilation systems in Hamas' tunnels won't work and leaders will be forced to leave tunnels or suffocate."

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
in some of the pictures of the tunnels you can see cables running along the walls

Cutting all the cables they can reach would probably make things difficult in the tunnels

and finding any generators (and destroying them) that are powering the tunnels

some other ideas:

generating loud low frequency noise and transmitting it into the tunnels. Noise would reverberate strongly in the narrow tunnels

pumping a bright colored gas (orange perhaps) into the tunnels and observing where the gas appears on the ground surface to identify tunnel entrances

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I'll say one thing. If there are any non-combatants left in Northern Gaza when Israel decides to completely level the place, it isn't because Israel didn't give them enough time to get out.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Should use something like this to take out the tunnels. Smile

Posts: 11207 | Location: The Magnolia State | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I don't trust any figure coming from Gaza.
It's exponentially exaggerated.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39873 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

some other ideas:

generating loud low frequency noise and transmitting it into the tunnels. Noise would reverberate strongly in the narrow tunnels

That's a good idea. Find a physics student within IDF and have them work to find the resonant frequency and just crank up the volume.

Extra points if they play acid metal super- positioned on the speakers with the resonant tone.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11098 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44482 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109097 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
You have to commend their good spirits despite dealing with the scum of the Earth. I'm sure they were quite surprised.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7159 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
pumping a bright colored gas (orange perhaps) into the tunnels and observing where the gas appears on the ground surface to identify tunnel entrances

Earlier, I had suggested lighting a match after pumping the tunnels full of gasoline or Methane without the mercaptan (the rotten egg smell.) The disadvantages to both of these ideas.

But I got to thinking about the possibility of pumping the tunnels full of hydrogen, and then lighting a match of course.

Hydrogen has no odor to warn the savages. Hydrogen has no residual byproducts other than a little water vapor. Hydrogen has very small molecules (H2) that slip through very small spaces insuring good penetration. Hydrogen has guaranteed 100% combustion. Hydrogen is dirt cheap.

AND saving the best for last....

....Hydrogen has a zero carbon foot print.

Make the tunnels the Hindenburg.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17565 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Noah Schaffer and his wife Kelly were tearing down and ripping up posters in New York City of Israelis (including children) who were missing and presumed taken hostage by Hamas

then Noah's Jewish dad (and Noah's employer) found out about it

Noah’s dad Eric Schaffer informed his staff at his UX company Human Factors International in an email that he placed his son, an executive strategist at the firm, on unpaid leave for four months, the Daily Mail reported. 'As has been noted, Noah is my son. He is not an antisemite nor a supporter of Hamas. I can attest that he has not acted this way at any time during his whole life,' the elder Schafer wrote, according to the outlet.

'He now understands that his actions were reprehensible, he is deeply sorry and regretful. HFI’s senior management team and I personally, in no way condone his actions today. We are placing Noah on unpaid leave for the next four months. This will give him time to learn more about his Jewish family history, reflect deeply, and make amends. And after this time we will review if he can rejoin the company.'

https://twitchy.com/grateful-c...-jewish-dad-n2388974

video of jerk Noah and his wife:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1715948623278547242

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^ Smile Smile Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9452 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
'As has been noted, Noah is my son. He is not an antisemite nor a supporter of Hamas. I can attest that he has not acted this way at any time during his whole life,' the elder Schafer wrote, according to the outlet.

So he did it because his wife told him to? Apparently dad doesn't know his son very well.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8623 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
The news is saying the Biden administration is asking Israel to delay the ground offensive until the US can better defend the US bases in the area which have been undergoing attacks.

WTF??? Did they not learn anything from the marine bombing in Lebanon airport from a long time ago? Why put personnel somewhere and then require a time out so you can defend them?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20056 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
But I got to thinking about the possibility of pumping the tunnels full of hydrogen, and then lighting a match of course.

Hydrogen is way too light. That would be like trying to pour water into an upside down bucket. Methane is heavier than air and would flow down into the tunnels.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8274 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post