SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
if the average IQ really is around 67, would that help or hinder deprogramming efforts?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I doubt that figure is accurate. If there are problems in daily living, that number qualifies as mentally retarded. That is the IQ of Mcnamara' follies. These folks get Certificates of Attendance if they make it through high school. The majority receive disabiilty checks.

I don't doubt that figure at all. Not one bit.

Have you ever spent time in the Middle East?
I seriously can not make this stuff up: Rolled into a house, paying attention to other things more important, but at some point, the smell.... The smell of shit, just overwhelming smell of shit. Then we figured it out and asked a few questions- they used human and animal shit along with mud and straw to make bricks for houses. There was shit patties drying out inside a house that people lived in.

You have 10 kids, I have 10 kids, we live within a few blocks of each other.
Our kids have 10 kids a piece.
First off, that's a lot of kids.
Second- you and I living within close proximity, hard for our kids, or grand kids not to marry each other. Also, hard to keep track of. Different when my people come to you with some fat ass goats, a few big ole chickens for your daughter/granddaughter... One "forgets" about family linage rather conveniently.

They have no problems having sex with pre-pubescent boys, and farm animals (goats).

I'm not talking about "just a very few" out in the mountains (like stories and fokelore from Appalachia), but enough to make your skin crawl. And from different social status' in the Middle East.

Truly smart people, or ones with a decent amount of common sense (which means a higher IQ), aren't easily talked into strapping up explosives and getting ready to meet their maker. Stupid people are easily talked into actions like that.

School, in most of those places isn't really a high priority. You know just enough to get shit done Lil Achmed, you don't need to know much more. What do you need a degree in because you're going to be working on the family farm / small business until you die, you're going to raise your kids to be just smart enough to do do the same. And their kids, and their kids as well...

Don't get me wrong, there's some smart people out there, but the Bell Curve is really leaning to the right!

I'm condensing the above to make it a quick read, but if you doubt the veracity of these claims, someone else here on Sig Forum will, in short order, come along and second the above.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8405 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I know it might be fucked up to some people but that post did make me laugh out loud. Big Grin

Maybe I’m a bit of a chucklehead but that did brighten up my fucked up day a bit. Today has 100% sucked. Thank you for making me laugh. Smile
Think before you post.

Posts: 108285 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

Tactically you would think this was absolutely foolish to launch an attack against a numerically superior and much more powerful force from a position that is literally painted in a corner.

Tactically, it's not a good move to throw rocks at tanks / armored vehicles. But yet, there they are.
Not too many Von Clauswits/Pattons/Rommels/Bonapartes/Alexender the Greats/Hannibals among that group. Traditionally, Arabs just suck at being soldiers. If it wasn't for oil under the sand over there, they'd be in pretty bad shape.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8405 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Steve's an acquired taste but a trooper and doing good work.

Live: orders to evacuate to southern Gaza within 24 hours.

Posts: 3561 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Traditionally, Arabs just suck at being soldiers. If it wasn't for oil under the sand over there, they'd be in pretty bad shape.

They may suck at being soldiers but they do have leaders with some intellect, tactical, and strategic ability. The 9/11 attacks weren't planned and executed by people with a 67 IQ. I'd wager the well coordinated attacks we saw earlier in the week were also not planned by someone 10 turnips shy of a half load.

Throughout history one of the biggest risks strategically is hinging the success of your plan on the timely execution of a sub plan by an element that is an ally but not under your direct control. Assuming that someone on the sidelines will see your plight and rush to your aid fails more often than it succeeds.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38066 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a link to the study that shows a 67 IQ?
Not so long ago it was presented as fact that Blacks have low IQs. It took a long time to correct that fallacy. I cannot imagine psychologists in Gaza going door to door administering the Wechsler scales. To me the low IQ assertion is false.

Posts: 17378 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I assume Palestine counts. Here is ine study
Link: https://www.sciencedirect.com/...ii/S0160289614001093
I found the so called study that has a 67 IQ. It is poorly done. Shapiro should fire his reseachers.

Posts: 17378 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2...-un-gaza-evacuations

Israel’s military has informed the United Nations that the entire population of northern Gaza should relocate to the southern half of the territory within 24 hours, the U.N. spokesman, Stéphane Dujarric, said late on Thursday night, adding that such a movement — involving over one million people — would lead to “devastating humanitarian consequences.”

The message came just before midnight in Gaza, he said in a statement. The U.N. has “strongly appealed” for the order to be rescinded, the statement said, to avoid making “what is already a tragedy into a calamitous situation.”

“The same order applied to all U.N. staff and those sheltered in U.N. facilities — including schools, health centers and clinics,” Mr. Dujarric said.

Israeli military officers conveyed the information to the leaders of the U.N. Office of the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs and the Department of Safety and Security in Gaza just before midnight local time on Friday, the U.N. statement said. The U.N. was told that the marker dividing the north from south was Wadi Gaza, the statement said.

The U.N. Security Council is scheduled to hold an emergency meeting on Friday afternoon in a closed consultation format. The Council has not yet issued a statement about the conflict between Israel and Hamas because a statement requires the approval of all 15 members, and there have been divisions on language that would condemn Hamas’s attack but not address Palestinian grievances and the siege of Gaza.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The recent video announcement specifically mentions "Gaza City" rather than "northern Gaza"

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
Didn't the Palestinians vote Hamas into power back in 2006 (or 2008)?

Yes, there was an 'election' in 2007 where Hamas received more votes than Fatah who was the dominant political party in the Gaza Strip.
quote:
What were they hoping to achieve and what type of governance did they want?

The issue that doomed Fatah was their willingness to engage with Israel on various matters, to include a two-state solution. Gaza has always been the more volatile of the Occupied Territories, part of that is their proximity to Egypt, where the Muslim Brotherhood spawned Hamas, with the explicit charter of the elimination of Israel, to include the genocide of the Jewish populace. After the death of Arafat, the major political parties battled and the charismatic and aggressive garnered the most votes, most of whom were with Hamas.
quote:
Did they duly elect Hamas or was it rigged in Hamas' favor? Were there viable alternatives to Hamas?

Elections in the Arab/Muslim world are always debatable, Hamas was accepted as the winner by the populace. With Hamas controlling the legislature, laws were passed where all Fatah officials, elected or, appointed were all removed by Hamas.
quote:
In the 15 years since Hamas came to power, what have they done to improve the lives of daily Palestinians? Infrastructure and economy?

Very little, the vast majority of resources are utilized towards the fight against Israel. Israel pulled out of Gaza back in 2005, all military, government services and Jewish settlements were removed...as in dismantled and trucked away. A number of greenhouses to include infrastructure for power and irrigation was left standing and handed over to the Palestinians so they could grow their own food...2/3 of those greenhouses were destroyed, stripped of their plumbing and wiring, and the land turned into para-military training camps.
quote:
What external pressures have prevented Hamas/Palestinians from growing their economy and becoming self sufficient?

Israel controls the resources in/out of Gaza, principally electricity, water, fuel, cement and steel. Gaza has very little domestic production other than resourceful machine shops cranking out weapons components and construction firms working to rebuild destroyed buildings. Building materials are regulated given their dual use nature....is all this cement and rebar being used to construct a new apartment building or, reinforcing a tunnel complex going into Israel.
quote:
What has Hamas and the Palestinians done with the economic and humanitarian aid from the past 20 years

quote:
I understand the Gaza Strip to be an absolute hellhole, much of which is blamed on "Israeli occupation." But with with your Muslim neighbors rejecting you and your sworn enemy just outside the gate (to be clear, the Palestinians label Jews as the sworn enemy, not vice versa), how will the Gaza strip improve its lot without getting rid of Hamas?

The residents are trapped. The election/ascension/commandeering of the territory by Hamas and their absolute violent position towards Israel, leaves the Israelis with no choice. Why would they want to deal with such a group who has zero interest in finding a middle ground or, workable solution. In 2005 Israel pulled-out in preparation of achieving a two-state solution, instead Hamas has no intention to move toward that goal, the territory is a warren of tunnels and bunkers, all the resources that are donated are in-turn are utilized for military means. The education system there has inculcated a doomsday cult mindset amongst its youth, young adults have zero skills or understanding of the world outside of what Hamas has created.

Posts: 14839 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little bit of sanity from Harvard

‘There Is Such a Thing as Evil:’ 100+ Harvard Professors Condemn 30+ Pro-Terror Student Groups

More than 100 Harvard professors published an open letter condemning the 30+ student groups that signed a joint statement expressing support for Palestinian terrorists and blaming Jews for Hamas’ attack against them. The professors also called out Harvard leadership for failing to properly react to their students.

In an open letter to Harvard President Claudine Gay and the Harvard University leadership, the professors said that the recent terror attack in Israel “should not mislead us to create false equivalencies between the actions leading to this loss.”

“Hamas planned and executed the murder and kidnapping of civilians, particularly women, children, and the elderly, with no military or other specific objective,” they wrote.

“This meets the definition of a war crime,” the professors affirmed. “The Israeli security forces were engaging in self-defense against this attack while dealing with numerous hostage situations and a barrage of thousands of rockets hidden deliberately in dense urban settings.”

The Harvard professors went on to slam the more than 30 student groups in question, stating that “While terrorists were still killing Israelis in their homes, 35 Harvard student organizations wrote that they hold ‘the Israeli regime entirely responsible for all unfolding violence,’ with not a single word denouncing the horrific acts by Hamas.”

“In the context of the unfolding events, this statement can be seen as nothing less than condoning the mass murder of civilians based only on their nationality,” the professors said.

“We’ve heard reports of even worse instances, with Harvard students celebrating the ‘victory’ or ‘resistance’ on social media,” they added.

The faculty members then called out Harvard for “falling short” of using this moment as a teaching opportunity to reminds its Ivy League students that “some acts such as war crimes are simply wrong.”

“As a University aimed at educating future leaders, this could have been a teaching moment and an opportunity to remind our students that beyond our political debates, some acts such as war crimes are simply wrong. However, the statement by Harvard’s administration fell short of this goal,” the professors said.

“While justly denouncing Hamas, it still contributed to the false equivalency between attacks on noncombatants and self-defense against those atrocities,” the professors continued.

“Furthermore, the statement failed to condemn the justifications for violence that come from our own campus, nor to make it clear to the world that the statement endorsed by these organizations does not represent the values of the Harvard community,” they added.

The professors then asked, “How can Jewish and Israeli students feel safe on a campus in which it is considered acceptable to justify and even celebrate the deaths of Jewish children and families?”

The professors added that while “the Israeli-Palestinian conflict has a long and complex history,” the “events of this week are not complicated.”

“Sometimes there is such a thing as evil, and it is incumbent upon educators and leaders to call it out, as they have with school shootings and terrorist attacks,” they said. “It is imperative that our academic leadership, whose good faith we do not doubt, state this clearly and unequivocally.

Posts: 598 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.cnn.com/middleeast...-10-13-23/index.html

United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres sought clarity Thursday night from Israeli Ambassador Gilad Erdan after Israel issued an order to vacate northern Gaza within 24 hours, a source familiar with the situation tells CNN.

Israel gave the message to the UN team in Gaza just before midnight local time Thursday, which applied to approximately 1.1 million people, the UN said.

According to the source, Guterres, in at least two phone calls after, asked for clarity regarding how the order could be carried out after the UN said publicly it was "impossible for such a movement to take place without devastating humanitarian consequences."

In a statement after midnight, Ambassador Erdan called the UN's response "shameful" and accused the body of "preaching to Israel."

"For many years, the UN has turned a blind eye to the arming of Hamas and its use of the civilian population and civilian infrastructure in the Gaza Strip as a hiding place for its weapons and murder," Erdan told CNN.

"Now, instead of standing by Israel, whose citizens were slaughtered by Hamas terrorists and who tries to minimize harm to those not involved, it preaches to Israel. It is better for the UN to focus now on returning the hostages, condemning Hamas, and supporting Israel's right to defend itself.”

posted Hide Post
Thanks Corsair.

P229

Posts: 3900 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The UN was poisoned a long time ago and is nothing more than a leftist cog to which we give more money than any other country. In fact of all “donations” to UN coffers, the US provides a full 1/5th of the total. Trump was right to try and pull us out of that arrangement.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15712 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find it odd that we don't see a rash of people putting the Israeli flag on their social media profiles, I thought that's what we do when a horrible tragedy occurs and we want to support the victims...yeah right.

Posts: 252 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Consanguinity. Inbreeding

"Numerous studies on inbreeding have been conducted in various countries, with the highest frequencies remarkably recorded in Arab countries. Prevalence is estimated to be between 20% and 50% in the Middle East and North Africa."

That's astonishing to me. And appalling.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9273505/

Posts: 11407 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Yeah, no shit. Where is all the jusui charlie hebdo crowd with fucking france posted all over their FB. Shits about to get real real.

I'm reminded of a conversation I had with my friend Jim. I was about 35 and he was 65ish. He told me that his dad was the last guy to call the drop sites clear for the bombs dropped in Nagazaki and Hiroshima. Essentially he was some type of bomber/spotter and had to take wind and weather measurements etc to green light the drops. I wish I had gotten more information but it wasn't really a time for a Q and A. It was a listening time. He was haunted for the rest of his life, and so was his son for him. The whole thing is just so F-ing sad.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5148 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sky News (Australia) interviewing Douglas Murray: “ It’s us that are stupid .”

Silent

Posts: 1048 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/euro...fund-gaza-strip-aid/

The United Nations on Thursday rushed to issue an emergency appeal for $294 million to address “the most urgent needs” in the Gaza Strip

AFP reports the funds would be used to help more than 1.2 million people, the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said.

The globalist organization claims fighting in the region that started with the Hamas invasion of Israel had left aid groups without adequate resources.

let the rich Arab countries pony up and pay

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silent:
Sky News (Australia) interviewing Douglas Murray: “ It’s us that are stupid .”

Silent

Isn't it ironic.... that you are considered racist just for being Caucasian. A horrible example of humanity due to the brutality that you've brought to the world through history. You can even be cited, fined, jailed and certainly ostracized for merely uttering a few specific words as hate speech....

Yet large groups protesting by chanting "DEATH TO JEWS!!!" is ok?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38066 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Hamas: Starts war.

UN: Poor victims of the war Frown let's give them $300 million.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20939 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post