SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Israel just took heavy losses by keeping the kid gloves on.

https://www.breitbart.com/midd...e-start-of-invasion/

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34242 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As it says in the comments, there will be a reckoning before long. I pray that the hand of God sweeps these hate-filled, aggressive psychopaths from the face of the earth, but I know it doesn't work like that, at least directly. The good people on this rock will have to be the ones to do it.

I know I speak for most people, who say they just want to be left alone, as they leave others alone, but these savages aren't having any of that. They keep pushing the issue, and one day, they are going to get what they keep asking for.

I take comfort in knowing that I am on the right side of history. The state of Israel has the absolute right to exist but the psychopaths will be satisfied only if Israel no longer exists and every Jew is in the ground, which means they will never be satisfied. Israel is a nuclear nation with advanced technology, and it's full of people smarter and more sophisticated than these savages. Some people will tell you that the Jews look down on the rest of us, and I am certain that there is a faction of Jews that feel this way, but that is a matter for another time, if ever. Israel is a vital strategic ally of the United States and we must support their continued existence.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/.../1750714111644614872

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108291 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
The video below contains remarks from the son of the co-founder of Hamas to the congregation of Palm Beach synagogue recently. It's somewhat long but his remarks are only about 40 minutes long and are followed by a Q&A for the remaining time. I hadn't planned on watching the whole Q&A but both the questions and answers held my interest until the end. Very interesting presentation.

Link

Posts: 7359 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Israel is creating a permanent 1 km buffer zone within GAZA's borders. Buildings in this zone are being demolished creating a no man's land.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-gaza-strip-n2634214

Israel said they will be taking a security role in Gaza for the foreseeable future. It’s not an occupation, but they’re taking additional steps to ensure October 7 can never happen again, like the creation of a one-kilometer-wide buffer zone along the entire border with Israel. Israeli troops and engineers have already cleared out the area. It’s been opposed by US officials who’ve made their concerns known. Still, Jerusalem has rightly ignored the advice of an American president who is serially wrong on foreign affairs.

Beginning last November, an Israeli soldier and members of his reserve unit worked day after day in a northern section of the Gaza Strip to create a wasteland.

Their orders were to clear a 1-kilometer-wide area along the border, the soldier said, as part of an Israeli plan to construct a security zone just inside Gaza—to which Palestinians would be barred entry.

With bulldozers and other heavy equipment, they leveled greenhouses and other structures, filled Hamas militants’ tunnel shafts and plowed under farm fields.

“Everything has been flattened,” the soldier said. “It was mostly agriculture. Now it’s a military zone, a complete no man’s land.”

[…]

The project is a source of growing frustration for U.S. officials, who say they first voiced their opposition to such plans shortly after the Gaza war began and have watched with growing dismay as Israel has pushed ahead anyway.

U.S. officials warn that turning the border along the 25-mile-long Gaza Strip into a no man’s land would deepen Palestinian fears that Israel intends to occupy all or part of the crowded enclave, and make it harder to persuade Arab governments to help rebuild the shattered territory after the fighting stops.

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
This is the only way to ensure that terrorists are both unable to close the distance between they and the border of Israel as well as make it extremely difficult to tunnel their way into or near with impunity. In addition, Palestinians get to keep most of the territory Israel ceded them in the first place.

Rocket attacks will also be mitigated, even if not completely ruled out. I assume this means that if Israel still allows them to enter for work, the chance of attacks will be vastly reduced as avenues of approach will be very limited. It’s really the only way to make this work without having unfettered access as was the case previously.

I hope this infuriates Iran, who has been complicit in fueling the strife there for decades.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15712 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how an underground nuclear test would do on the tunnel system

Posts: 1426 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
All of the leftists and Jew haters screaming about a "TWO STATE SOLUTION!!!!" being necessary are really quite stupid.

Gaza is/was the "two state solution". How'd that work out?

Posts: 20262 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
United Nations Officials Involved in October 7 Terror Attacks against Israel

https://slaynews.com/news/unit...ign=daily-newsletter

On Friday, the U.S. State Department announced that the United States has suspended funding to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) over the revelations.

The UNRWA admitted that 12 of its staffers were involved in the attacks and said they have been “terminated.”

The UN officials’ role in the attacks was exposed in evidence uncovered by the Israeli government.

Israel has provided a report on the evidence to the United Nations and the U.S. State Department that details the connections of those UNRWA employees to the attacks.

“Any UNRWA employee who was involved in acts of terror will be held accountable, including through criminal prosecution,” Philippe Lazzarini, UNRWA commissioner-general, said in a Friday press release.

https://www.unrwa.org/newsroom...rwa-staff-gaza-strip

Democrat President Joe Biden’s administration, a strong supporter of UNRWA, said on Friday it is taking the allegations seriously.

“The United States is extremely troubled by the allegations that twelve UNRWA employees may have been involved in the October 7 Hamas terrorist attack on Israel,” State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller said in a statement.

“The Department of State has temporarily paused additional funding for UNRWA while we review these allegations and the steps the United Nations is taking to address them.”

Secretary of State Tony Blinken addressed the allegations on Thursday with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, Miller said.

The State Department briefed members of Congress on the matter and reached out to Israel to learn more about the allegations.

“UNRWA plays a critical role in providing lifesaving assistance to Palestinians, including essential food, medicine, shelter, and other vital humanitarian support,” said Miller.

“Their work has saved lives, and it is important that UNRWA address these allegations and take any appropriate corrective measures, including reviewing its existing policies and procedures.”

The news also raised alarms among some members of Congress. Rep. Mike Waltz (R-FL) on Friday argued that the U.S. should cease its funding to UNRWA until further notice.

“This rot is deep and the U.S. should immediately pause all funding to UNRWA until an independent investigation is carried out,” Waltz wrote on X.

An Israeli journalist reported in December that one of the Israeli hostages had said they had been held captive by a teacher working for UNRWA.

At the time, the agency called on journalists and observers to stop making “unsubstantiated claims,” warning that they “may amount to misinformation.”

Until today, Biden admin officials had praised the agency’s humanitarian work in Gaza since the war broke out following the Hamas attacks.

“UNRWA has done and continues to do invaluable work to address the humanitarian situation in Gaza at great personal risk to UNRWA members,” State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller said last week.

When asked about reports that some UNRWA staff members had celebrated the attacks, Miller said the U.S. looks into individual incidents but overall remains supportive of the agency’s work.

“Whenever we see reports of that nature, we ask specific questions about UNRWA and ask that they be followed up,” Miller said.

“It does not change the lifesaving work that UNRWA is doing every day in Gaza.”

The House Foreign Affairs Committee is slated to hold a hearing on Tuesday about UNRWA’s ties to Hamas and the Oct. 7 attacks.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/384225

Under the Trump administration, the US cut a full $300 million in funding to the agency in 2018. The Biden administration, however, changed the policy and announced it intends to resume aid to UNRWA.

Posts: 12864 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If they have identified 12 people as being complicit in the attack, the actual number is far higher. It is, however, far past the time to shut the financial farm door. It is leftist theatre at this point.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15712 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Israel is creating a permanent 1 km buffer zone within GAZA's borders. Buildings in this zone are being demolished creating a no man's land.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-gaza-strip-n2634214

Israel said they will be taking a security role in Gaza for the foreseeable future. It’s not an occupation, but they’re taking additional steps to ensure October 7 can never happen again, like the creation of a one-kilometer-wide buffer zone along the entire border with Israel. Israeli troops and engineers have already cleared out the area. It’s been opposed by US officials who’ve made their concerns known. Still, Jerusalem has rightly ignored the advice of an American president who is serially wrong on foreign affairs.

Beginning last November, an Israeli soldier and members of his reserve unit worked day after day in a northern section of the Gaza Strip to create a wasteland.

Their orders were to clear a 1-kilometer-wide area along the border, the soldier said, as part of an Israeli plan to construct a security zone just inside Gaza—to which Palestinians would be barred entry.

With bulldozers and other heavy equipment, they leveled greenhouses and other structures, filled Hamas militants’ tunnel shafts and plowed under farm fields.

“Everything has been flattened,” the soldier said. “It was mostly agriculture. Now it’s a military zone, a complete no man’s land.”

[…]

The project is a source of growing frustration for U.S. officials, who say they first voiced their opposition to such plans shortly after the Gaza war began and have watched with growing dismay as Israel has pushed ahead anyway.

U.S. officials warn that turning the border along the 25-mile-long Gaza Strip into a no man’s land would deepen Palestinian fears that Israel intends to occupy all or part of the crowded enclave, and make it harder to persuade Arab governments to help rebuild the shattered territory after the fighting stops.

Why would it not be better to just take it over completely, with only Israeli citizens to occupy it, and turn it into a modern city suburb ? Even with this nogo zone, the hostility and danger will be cemented forever. But if they take it over completely and occupy all of it, the only threat left is the same hatred they've endured from all their hostile neighbors. The second scenario seems much better than this current plan, other things being equal, but we probably really don't know the real story or possible future plans Israel may come up with.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8771 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
All of the leftists and Jew haters screaming about a "TWO STATE SOLUTION!!!!" being necessary are really quite stupid.

Gaza is/was the "two state solution". How'd that work out?

Yep.

A "two state solution" is the step to a "No Jewish State (final) solution".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44119 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
They could start by permanently kicking out all the Gazan population, and never letting another hostile or Jew hater back into that space. Aw, where do they go ? Well who cares. It doesn't matter, if you kick them out, they will spread out to wherever they land. They want to destroy Israel, and whoever is left will hate Israel more then they did before, so just send them off. Bye bye, have a nice terrorist life wherever you end up, anyplace is better than this place, since you will be destroyed if you kill another Israeli, shoot another rocket, cut another throat, or fly over a fence and machine gun down more innocents. That shit is over, and we're not going to spend any more money, blood, or tears trying to help you god forsaken terrorists.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8771 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Stop reading my mind.

I'm... trying to sleep, and the page turning is so, damned loud...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44119 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

We won't be fooled again...

45 years later, and here we are. Still.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I hope that along with the 1km buffer, Israel is just going to not allow another Gazan into their country. Fuck em. They shouldn’t get anything from Israel every again. Let them make their own electricity, water and food.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11380 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
This in spades- I can still hear all the whining when electricity shut off and fuel was almost gone- the leftist goons acted like Israel was somehow stealing it from them. The Palestinians will continue acting like Stone Age savages and the only ones among them to have any creature comforts will be hamashole… provided any of them are left alive.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good. It should be one mile instead of one kilometer. No, make that two miles.

Posts: 108291 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I admire Ayn Rand.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29808 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I admire Ayn Rand.

Break it down like I’m retarded, I’ve not read her book

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11380 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I admire Ayn Rand.

Break it down like I’m retarded, I’ve not read her book

Think of her as the Jordan Peterson of economies and political systems. Combine that with a Peterson-esque ability to debate boldly and decisively and the will to tirelessly evangelize individual liberty, personal responsibility, self sufficiency, voluntary charity and primary ownership of one’s own produce and accumulation to a mostly skeptical and ignorant audience. I’m here to say I don’t have that kind of patience.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29808 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post