SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am a graduate of MSU in Michigan from the DO medical school. I will never give them a dime now. The allowed the rock at msu to be painted in support of Palestine. The Israel group of students painted it a pumpkin then back to Palestine by the other group.

My wife posted a photo of the idiots supporting Palestine and the adults who painted it on MSU FB page. A mom of the girl who helped with this wants my wife to take down the photo. I told my wife no fucking way. Leave it up and hope she reaps what she sows.

Fucking idiots and animals

Posts: 1753 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...k-on-israel-n2629672

In an all-Senators unclassified Israel briefing, top officials from State, DOD, and ODNI told members the following:

Morgan Muir, Deputy Director for Mission Integration at ODNI, says THERE IS NO DIRECT LINK BETWEEN IRAN AND THE OCTOBER 7th ATTACKS.

can't believe a single thing the biden administration says

On Hamas motive: remember negotiations between the kingdom of Saudi Arabi and Israel to potentially recognize Israel as a nation.

“In the wake of these attacks, it appears all progress has been lost as the crown prince has made comments in support of Palestine….

…Hamas, likely fearing what support by arguably the most powerful/prominent power in the region would do for Israel, sabotaged this round of negotiations. Hamas wins in this scenario as long as Israel doesn't win.”

Posts: 19686 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I remember watching in 2021. It seems multiculturalism will be the human struggle forever. War is human, especially when government pulls the strings. I'm learning so much from this thread or I did learn it, and forgot. I pray we don't have to learn it with our owns sense of smell here at home.

Posts: 3560 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Oh, this is awesome. The EU is seeing all this information coming out about Hamas, including atrocity videos and starting to panic and trying to get Elon Musk to stop. He basically tells them to go pound sand:

https://x.com/thierrybreton/st...808891757944866?s=46

Posts: 34134 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Liar. You stupid college idiots need to learn that if you play, you pay.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would think you would be much more proficient at prevarication with an Ivy League degree. I guess not. Dershowitz went on a rant about the Harvard students who support Hamas.

Posts: 17370 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Noah Smith is being sarcastic. Trudy Crow, however- well, just look:

https://twitter.com/Noahpinion.../1711908666302153064

Posts: 108234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind.

The line of parked cars of Israeli reservists reporting in to fight is awe inspiring.

Posts: 13415 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Hamas wins in this scenario as long as Israel doesn't win.”

Must have used the same speech writer as Potatus.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37133 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
previously I posted:

quote:
Morgan Muir, Deputy Director for Mission Integration at ODNI, says THERE IS NO DIRECT LINK BETWEEN IRAN AND THE OCTOBER 7th ATTACKS.

now:

https://hotair.com/ed-morrisse...as-militants-n583922

American officials are investigating whether some of the Hamas militants who carried out an unprecedented attack on Israel received advanced training from Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, according to current and former U.S. officials.

They are also examining whether Hamas used recent Palestinian protests along the Gaza border fence as cover to place explosives that were later used to breach the Israeli barrier. The advanced training and placement of explosives, if confirmed, would be the latest example of decades of support that Iran has provided to Hamas.

The attack, which was far more sophisticated than past Hamas operations, would not have been possible without the decades of funding, weapons and training Iran has supplied to the militant group, current and former U.S. officials say.

Biden’s nat-sec advisor Jake Sullivan already declared Iran “complicit” in the disgusting barbarities of Hamas. Sullivan said yesterday that Iran was “complicit in a broad sense” in part because “they’ve provided training, they have provided capabilities, they have provided support” to Hamas, as well as “the lion’s share of funding” for its military wing. The State Department followed up by noting that Hamas couldn’t have been “a fraction of the group that it is” without full Iranian support in all phases of its operations.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
A Harvard law student ...

... claimed that she didn't read the statement before her group signed on ...
Liar.
Maybe she is and maybe she isn't. Either way: I don't predict a bright future for her in law

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.cnn.com/middleeast...-10-11-23/index.html

Gaza is one of the most densely populated places on Earth, where some 2 million people live in an area of 140 square miles. More than half of its population lives in poverty and is food insecure, with nearly 80% relying on humanitarian assistance.

The electricity supply to Gaza "will completely stop within hours," limiting the ability to provide basic services, the enclave's Hamas-controlled government said on Wednesday.

Israeli forces have been hammering Gaza with airstrikes since Saturday, hitting hundreds of targets and reducing neighborhoods to rubble, following unprecedented Hamas terror attacks on Israel.

"All basic services in Gaza depend on electricity, and it will not be possible to partially operate them with generators due to the prevention of fuel supplies through the Rafah gate," the Gaza government media office said in a statement.

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) said late Monday it has been forced to close all 14 of its food distribution centers in Gaza and “as a result half a million people have stopped receiving vital food aid.”

and:

Gaza’s only power station has stopped working after running out of fuel, the head of the Gaza power authority Galal Ismail told CNN on Wednesday.

“Gaza is currently without power,” Ismail said.

The US government is in discussions with its partner countries, including Egypt and Israel, about ensuring safe passage for Americans and other civilians out of Gaza, US officials said.

However, according to one US official, Egypt wants to use a humanitarian corridor to send food and medical supplies into Gaza but doesn’t want to open the border in the other direction to accept fleeing civilians.

State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller:

"It is our top priority to protect the safety and security of Americans overseas," "I will also say, as the president said yesterday, we don't want to see civilian deaths anywhere. We want to see civilians protected. We want to see civilians not targeted. We expect Israel to follow the laws of war."

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I read sdy's post and I want to feel sympathetic to those in Gaza that are innocent. In addition to the children that have not (yet) been indoctrinated into a culture of mindless hate I'm sure there must be some. But, at this point I find I can't even feel bad about not feeling that sympathy.

How sad is that? Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I hope that what she wrote remains in the internet forever more...

No need to hope. Once it's written, it cannot be unwritten. It's forever.

i wish that were true

Posts: 2908 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Children of Gaza

Something for all of us- myself included- to think about.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Unreported Truths
By Alex Berenson
On Israel, Hamas, and what happens now
Part 2: Existential threats require an existential response.
Oct 11, 2023

Part 2 of 2

After the most vicious terrorist attack in its history, Israel faces what seems to be a painful choice.

Not responding is not an option, of course.

The calls for ceasefire from “progressives” like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez are the purest form of crocodile tears. I almost can’t believe I have to write this, but Hamas, the terrorist group that controls the Gaza Strip, cannot be allowed to kill nearly a thousand civilians without consequence.

But what response should Israel pursue? Can it preserve hope of a wider regional peace while still bringing Hamas to heel?

If not, what is more important - invading Gaza and destroying Hamas at any cost? Or punishing it with retaliatory strikes but trying to tamp down risks of a larger war?

Also, Hamas has taken over 100 hostages. What about them? Should Israel consider trying to trade for them?

Hamas loves killing Jews. It always has.

I’m not exaggerating. The group’s original 1988 charter explains that

The Day of Judgment will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews (killing the Jews) when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him…

(In 2017, Hamas issued a new charter removing that reference but still demanding “the full and complete liberation of Palestine, from the river to the sea — ” i.e. the Jordan River and Mediterranean Sea. Those are the boundaries of the territory Israel and Palestine share, so Hamas is explicitly demanding Israel be wiped off the map.)

Still, as much as Hamas loves killing Jews, Saturday’s attack wasn’t just about killing Jews.

For months, Israel and Saudi Arabia have talked over a peace deal. Such a deal would be major threat to Hamas and Iran, its most important backer.

Mohammed bin Salman, the Saudi ruler, regards Iran as a bigger threat than Israel. As he should. Iran has 90 million people, a desperate desire for nuclear weapons, and a long-standing enmity with Saudi Arabia.

A Saudi-Israel agreement would transform the Middle East, and not just by opening economic connections between the region’s two richest major countries. It would show Saudi Arabia, the keeper of Mecca - Islam’s spiritual heart - regards the Jewish state as legitimate.

But the harder Israel hits Gaza, the harder it will be for the Saudis to make a deal.

I doubt the Saud family cares much about the Palestinians, who have been nothing but trouble for generations. Indeed, Saudi elites are happy enough to sup (and invest) with Jews.

But the only real threat the al-Sauds have faced to their rule in the last century came in 1979, when puritan Muslim rebels seized the Grand Mosque in Mecca. The militants believed the al-Sauds were too liberal - no surprise, given how wealthy Saudis act behind closed doors. The mosque occupation lasted two weeks. The Saudis regained control only after a bloody counterattack, which itself ran contrary to Islamic law that forbids violence at the Grand Mosque.

Ever since, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has made sure to keep its friends close and its clerics closer. It has funded hyper-conservative madrassas, Islamic schools, across the Muslim world. It and other Arab countries have fed their people a diet of anti-Semitic propaganda (propaganda the Saudis, at least, are finally phasing out).

The propaganda has worked. Too well. The “Arab street” - the hundreds of millions of poor Arabs who live in a three-thousand-mile-band from Marrakesh to Baghdad - despises Israel. Their anger means that Arab leaders must tread very carefully when they deal with the Jewish state. (It is somewhat stunning Mohammed bin Salman is even negotiating with Israel. He must really be worried about Iran.)

The calls for “ceasefire” already show where public opinion is headed after Saturday’s attacks. Even with victims still being buried, Israel is being warned not to take action against Gaza and its 2.3 million civilian occupants.

(“Unprompted Attacks on Gaza.” Yes, Forbes deleted this tweet. Too late.)

The argument that Gaza is filled with innocents and cannot be touched ignores the reality that most Palestinian civilians in Gaza support Hamas’s rule - and violence against Israel.

A 2021 poll found a majority of Palestinians in both Gaza and the West Bank believed Hamas is “most deserving of representing and leading the Palestinian people” - a rise in support that followed a Hamas campaign of rocket attacks against Israel.

Further, Hamas has entwined its forces with Gaza’s civilians in a way that all-but-ensures that Israel cannot attack them without causing massive casualties. The Washington Post reported matter-of-factly nine years ago that a Gaza hospital had become “a de facto headquarters for Hamas leaders.”

Thus any Israeli attacks sharp enough to damage Hamas will surely kill enough civilians in Gaza to inflame the Arab and Muslim world (along with all the leftists who already hate it).

So.

So what seems like a stark choice for Israel is really no choice at all.

The world will hate Israel no matter what it does.

As Hamas showed yet again on Saturday, the world is not a friendly place for Jews who can’t defend themselves.

All the peace treaties in the world don’t mean anything unless Israel can guarantee its own security. Its conventional weapons go a long way toward ensuring that countries like Jordan and Egypt won’t attack it. Its deeper security comes in the form of a nuclear arsenal that spells the destruction of Amman and Cairo if Arab armies take Tel Aviv. No one talks about this. No one needs to.

Nor does Saudi Arabia threaten Israel’s existence. Saudi Arabia has not attacked Israel since the initial 1948 Arab League war on Israel.

No, the real threat to Israel these days comes from Hamas - and Iran. For 15 years, Israel has tried to manage Hamas, precisely because it does not want to have to invade Gaza. But Hamas cannot be managed.

Iran is doing everything possible to create its own nuclear arsenal and negate Israel’s. And Hamas believes Israel is soft and weak and ripe for slaughter. The Hamas attack Saturday had an element of sexual brutality that cannot be papered over: we will take your women. Can you stop us? Are your men men enough to stop us?

All the artillery and bombs in the world will not answer that question. Israel cannot rely only on distance weapons and advanced technology this time, and not just because doing so will give Hamas the visuals it wants.

It must send Jewish soldiers into Gaza. It must do so knowing that more than a few will die. Maybe its soldiers do not need to kill every Hamas commander. Maybe they do not destroy every building in Gaza where Hamas fighters are based.

But they need to kill and destroy so many that Hamas ceases to exist as a threat. Israel must prove it has not lost its will to fight.

Bitterest of all - I don’t think Israel can make a deal for the hostages either. Weakness begets weakness. Trading for hostages begets hostage-taking.

Losing a peace deal with the Saudis is a bitter pill. But it will be around in five years, or 10, or 20. Israel has survived just fine without it. It can no longer survive with Hamas controlling a territory of more than 2 million people on its border.

Israel officials seem to understand this dynamic. As the Times wrote yesterday:

As an Israeli national security official said in the story:

“It’s a huge mistake that I did, believing that a terror organization can change its DNA. I thought that Hamas… [had become] more responsible, and I learned in the hard way that it is not so, that a terror organization is a terror organization.”

Hamas tore a hole in Israel on Saturday. It may even have succeeded in denying Israel peace with Saudi Arabia.

But the price must be its extermination.

https://alexberenson.substack....7n3&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24307 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
When you live on humanitarian assistance, it would be wise not to murder your neighbors

This is classic "modern warfare". People who are totally dependent on Israel, attack Israel.

With their only defense being "You can't kill civilians" immediately after they emerge from their hive, kill Israeli civilians, and run back to their civilian cover.

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
A Harvard law student ...

... claimed that she didn't read the statement before her group signed on ...
Liar.
Maybe she is and maybe she isn't. Either way: I don't predict a bright future for her in law

I disagree. People making these kind of statements gain many allies.

Sometimes, as in this case, they get all worked up revealing their true point of view before thinking better of it, then lie to cover it up. Evil dropped its guard.

As far as it being on the internet forever, that is incorrect. It is not truly on the internet unless the gatekeepers allow access to it, without which it may as well never have happened.

Posts: 2908 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This thread will continue to grow and no one will be able to absorb its entire contents, but I think our American members should take the eight minutes to listen to Mark Dice on this matter.

Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Children of Gaza

Good post. Children are innocent. That said, when children inevitably die as collateral for Israeli actions, it’s important we blame those deaths on Hamas for engaging in illegal warfare. It’s a concept the West has grappled with (unsuccessfully), but in truth terrorist tactics are evil not just because of the innocents they directly kill (Israeli children in this case) but also for the innocents they endanger by placing responders in an impossible position where we cannot defend ourselves without killing innocents we want to protect.

Key to sustaining political will during an Israeli counter-attack long enough to be decisive is an effective PR message blaming Hamas for the fate of every dead Palestinian child we will unfortunately see in the near future. During the GWOT we routinely ceased prosecuting targets if innocents would die, leading to our ultimate defeat because the enemy could absorb more than we had the will to give. At least current leadership… many of us on the line had the will to do whatever was needed.

I’d love to see Israel triumph but they’ll need a concerted and simple PR message about collateral.

On the note of “triumph” I’m curious if Israel would leverage the UN or EU to provide ships for an evacuation of Gaza. “We have to continue to the sea and wipe out Hamas politically, to do so humanely requires a civilian evacuation beyond our resourcing to complete. We call on the world to help evacuate innocents before the ground campaign begins.” Might be effective.

Posts: 2419 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Children of Gaza

Thank you Para. I'm all for wiping out anyone associated with this attack, and I understand that there will be collateral damage, but the answer to attempted genocide is not calls to commit reverse genocide. We have to remember the reality of what that entails.

I have a good friend who grew up as a missionary in Israel, and lived for part of his time in the West Bank and Gaza. My in-laws have also been to Israel and been involved with missions work in those areas. There are definitely people there who want nothing to do with the violence and are just trying to live their lives, and there are also a number of Palestinian Christians who are caught in the middle and take flak from both sides.

I want to see the perpetrators of these attacks dead, and hopefully in such a way that it gives pause to anyone who might consider trying this again in the future....but at the same time I pray for the safety and protection of all the innocents who are unfortunate enough to live there.

Posts: 8868 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post