SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Another example of CNN reporting the truth of the Hamas attack

At the link is Anderson Cooper showing videos recorded during the attack on the music festival.

Shows how people stuffed into a small bomb shelter to hide, and then were killed by grenades.

Video at:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/wor...er-dnt-ac360-vpx.cnn

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Here's the union support.

Nor a single peep from the rest of the union factions, so they must support it 100%. Not even a single union member of ANY union has come out to criticize this even.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34241 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I cannot wait for the day of reckoning when the assholes from around the world are held accountable for supporting YET ANOTHER attempt at striking the Jewish faith from this world. I believe the Democrats need to rid themselves of that portion of the voter base whose views align with ideology that killed more than 6 million Jews not even a century ago.

Posts: 2844 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
I I believe the Democrats need to rid themselves of that portion of the voter base whose views align with ideology that killed more than 6 million Jews not even a century ago.

You mean 90% of their voter base?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34241 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
I cannot wait for the day of reckoning when the assholes from around the world are held accountable for supporting YET ANOTHER attempt at striking the Jewish faith from this world. I believe the Democrats need to rid themselves of that portion of the voter base whose views align with ideology that killed more than 6 million Jews not even a century ago.

You think this is only present on the side of democrat voters? Wake up, folks. This hatred for Jews spreads far and wide. I know more than a few rabid anti-semites who despise Joe Biden and the democrats and vote republican. The level of hatred from these people confounds me, and I've had more than once discussed the issues with them, but there simply is no changing their minds.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30668 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Is there an author you would trust to have an unbiased telling of the history of the Middle East, both ancient and modern histories?

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^ watching…

Posts: 3770 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^
Try The Middle East by Bernard Lewis.

Posts: 12517 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Overnight: IDF says it killed senior Hamas leader who plotted massacre and Hamas air force chief

2 hour(s) ago

The Israeli Air Force says it killed a senior commander in Hamas' commando forces, one who planned the terror attacks that massacred 1,300 Israelis on Oct. 7.

The IAF said a drone strike killed Ali Qadhi, a company commander in the Najaba force of Hamas, after obtaining intelligence from the Shin Bet security agency.

According to the Israeli military, Qadhi was arrested by Israel in 2005 for the kidnapping and murder of Israeli citizens and had been released to the Gaza Strip as part of a prisoner swap in 2011.

"Ali Qadi led the inhumane, barbaric October 7 massacre of civilians in Israel," Israel Defense Forces said. "We just eliminated him. All Hamas terrorists will meet the same fate."

The military also said it killed Abu Merad, who was the head of Hamas' air forces.

The Palestinian health ministry reports that 2,125 Palestinians have been killed and another 8,714 were wounded in Israeli airstrikes on the Gaza Strip since war broke out on Oct. 7.

The Israeli military has said the bodies of about 1,500 Hamas terrorists were found in Israeli territory after Hamas launched its surprise terror attack on Israel, killing as many as 1,300 Israelis.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1713124700795117712

Q

Posts: 26894 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
Is there an author you would trust to have an unbiased telling of the history of the Middle East, both ancient and modern histories?

Unbiased? I suppose not, Haviv Rettig Gur is an Israeli Jew and IDF veteran, but the link ggile provided on page 29 of this thread of the podcast with Gur and Jack Carr is probably the most informative podcast I’ve ever heard. Lots of history provided, especially in the first 23 minutes.

Jack Carr, Danger Close with Haviv Rettig Gur

Posts: 13421 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
I'm sure the chatter was out there a few weeks/months ago, unfortunately no one likely knew to what extent Hamas intended to infiltrate and attack. But now that Hamas struck and is known worldwide as the aggressor, it certainly frees up Israel to act accordingly and with justification on the world stage.

As much as I am generally skeptical of hidden agendas that are supposedly behind much of what makes the news, this seems more and more likely to me. I don’t have the deep interest or patience to follow every development in the war, but the Israelis are evidently having successes that were unlikely to have been achieved without pretty good intelligence about the enemy. True surprise attacks of the scale of this assault usually result in a period of, “Oh, chit! What do we do?” readjustment, and unless I’m reading things entirely wrong, that didn’t happen this time.

I will be interested to learn more in the future.

As for antisemitism in general the specific reasons are very complex, but they all boil down to the fact that there are strong evolutionary pressures for human beings to fear and then hate “others,” whether the differences are physical characteristics, belief systems, cultural, tribal affiliations, or just because they live on the other side of the river. Some of that gets tamped down from time to time in certain societies, but the tendency is always there because it’s an ingrained part of human nature, and of course it makes sense from a primitive evolutionary standpoint. When it becomes acceptable to express those fears and biases, out they come.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47505 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
US author blasts students blaming Israel for Hamas' deadly attack

“An American author who penned a book on 'wokeism poisoning young brains' has lashed out at students gathering to praise the Hamas terrorists.

Bethany Mandel, who co-wrote Stolen Youth: How Radicals Are Erasing Innocence and Indoctrinating a Generation, blasted student groups at Ivy league schools seen supporting the terrorist group's actions.

Scores of students at the University of Washington, Harvard and Georgetown University have rallied this week, blaming Israel for Hamas' deadly attack.
……

'They don't care about Jewish lives, and the fact that this is happening on our elite campuses, the fact that these are supposedly the people who are the most educated in America, really speaks volumes to what we call "education in America".'  …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/12630421

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9196 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:

You’re going to find yourself with literally thousands of books at your disposal, even if your reading list starts at the year 1948.

Six Days of War: June 1967 and the Making of the Modern Middle East by Michael B. Oren is very detailed, but even with a myriad of facts and details, there is so much nuance to the conflict between the Israelis and the Arabs, it’s hard to take it all in.

One thing I’ll never forget though is this statement I heard uttered in 2008. My wife and I attended a dinner with Dr. Yossi Olmert (brother of Ehud Olmert), and he said this as simply as someone would comment on the weather:

“The rule and not the exception is this- if Hamas and Hezbollah would lay down their arms, the fighting would cease immediately. If the Jewish people lay down their arms we will cease to exist.”

While I don’t think he coined the phrase, I hadn’t ever heard it put to voice as he did.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9175 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I have always wondered why these people have been persecuted for thousands of years, and all over this globe.

The protests at our colleges are not very big judging from the video, but I'm not happy they are happening here. The protests going on in Europe are frightening.

Ben Shapiro explains if you are supporting this by showing up at a protest you are either ignorant or evil. He goes on to say most are ignorant. I don't think I'd be that charitable. I think that there is a dark malevolence associated with what is going on in the rest of the world. Jordan Peterson said, "The shadow of the human soul can stretch all the way down into hell."

Now this came from Twitter. Twitter is a cesspool of disinformation, but if this is true...

https://twitter.com/Natsecjeff.../1713149910177243376

Posts: 7597 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9132 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Destroy Gaza - every square inch. Then rebuild it as an ocean front beach resort with lots of free parking.

The comments from Talib don’t surprise me in the least. After all, we all know who and what she is.

The skies here have been moderately quiet of A10’s. Oh that’s right…they’re over in the ME getting ready for sone live fire training. And the F16’s have been a bit frisky the past few days.

I think that comment from Reacher is entirely appropriate and should be the battle cry.

Posts: 53470 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9132 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:

A very simplified explanation by Dennis Prager.

https://www.prageru.com/video/...middle-east-conflict

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38927 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
One thing I’ll never forget though is this statement I heard uttered in 2008. My wife and I attended a dinner with Dr. Yossi Olmert (brother of Ehud Olmert), and he said this as simply as someone would comment on the weather:

“The rule and not the exception is this- if Hamas and Hezbollah would lay down their arms, the fighting would cease immediately. If the Jewish people lay down their arms we will cease to exist.”

While I don’t think he coined the phrase, I hadn’t ever heard it put to voice as he did.

I heard a similar opinion expressed once, quite a while back. There had been some incident that caused the Israelis to strike at the PLO. The PLO and their sympathizers responded by calling the Israelis murderers and butchers and warmongers. Somebody's response to that went like this:
"If the Palestinians really wanted peace, there would be peace. If the Israelis really wanted war, there would be no more Palestinians."

Posts: 7318 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post