SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 180
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
X95?
Straight-up war propaganda. It has all the hallmarks. Over and over they feed this crap to us. I've come to really resent this intelligence-insulting shit.

Posts: 109160 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The Israeli military has allowed a number of Israeli-citizen muslims, professing their love for Israel, into their ranks. This kind of intelligence breach makes me wonder.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The 10 gunmen....

two gunmen on each vehicle...

the attackers ...

The gunmen shot both dead.

...head of a gunman...

... Hamas, the militia that controls the Gaza Strip...

... 200 attackers .. the assailants surged into Israel...

It seems that the author of that article identified Hamas by every term except the correct one.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKAngusKL:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Apparently evidence (detailed plans) has been recovered from the bodies of the Hamas terrorists that shows that they specifically targeted venues where children would be found (schools, dental offices, etc). Video does NOT show victims or discuss victims.

Last night I did some research and saw some photos of the purported Hamas planning documents. They appear to be very sophisticated, with detailed intelligence on civilians likely to be present, how many armed opposition the target Kibbutz could muster, and how long they had on target before IDF could respond.

The type and amount of intel that Hamas had indicates that there must have been ongoing sigint and humint for years leading up to the attacks. It also looked to me that they prioritized soft targets for maximum civilian casualties.

I am not posting details, but the pictures and videos of the attacks are worse than what has been widely reported. Hamas militants who conducted the attacks need to be tried and hang for their crimes just like the Nazis before them, if captured alive. There is no going back from what happened, the only way forward of this morass is through it.

Earlier in the thread I drew a parallel between Hamas/Hezbollah and the Viet Cong. It was well known during, and revealed in shocking detail years later, exactly how detailed their intelligence network was. There was very little that happened with conventional forces that they didn't know about.

I'll guess that this situation is very similar I'll bet Hamas had plenty of time and ability to gather intel on this area. Most of it is available on Google Maps or Google Earth.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38248 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Most of it is available on Google Maps or Google Earth.

Or via Chinese weather balloon.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Apparently they have a sophisticated tunnel network as well.

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38248 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Well we expected it and now it's happening more, news agencies are talking more about the innocent residents of gaza and how Israel and everyone else should be providing them some relief from the affects of combat in their time of suffering, without deliniating exactly what portions of the poplulation are truly innocent, and what exactly they have in mind. In a best case scenario it wound't surprise me if somewhere beteen most and all of the boys and male teenagers are already mentally ready to sign up as official terrorists of one sort or another, so that entire generation of males is already lost and it's probably too late for them to ever change their mind. The mothers and daughters will hate Israel even more after this, and they will marry all those new terrorists and pass the tradition on as we've been discussing. So all this new talk about the hordes of "innocents" among the gaza citizens seems even more off than before and additionally oversimplified (duh ok). So your your father and uncles bring terror to your house 24x7, and as a result there's nothing that can possibly be done except for everyone to suffer one more generation. Rightwire's post above of the analogy of MS13 running inner cities and winning the Mayoral election was helpful.

I'm also disappointed we're not getting any information on what the hell the Lebanon terrorists are going to do - as in if and when they may start shooting and under what circumstances. The media says one sentence about it then drops it completely, that seems stupid (duh ok again). Why the hell bring it up if you're not going to give any information about it. I'm sure someone over there understands what the hell is going on with the hezbollah terrorists, but it appears noone in the USA knows shit about that situation, not even the people who sent TWO carrier groups to "address" it. I understand the power of their presence, but what the heck can they actually do to help if they're ordered to do so when those terrorists start lobbing modern guided munitions into the heart of Israel. If Israel can't stop a serious hezbollah attack in sufficient time, then what ? It looks like crazy uncle joe is currently speaking at a human rights conference. How stupid is that in a time like this.

So if anyone knows how to better define which part of the population in gaza are innocent enough to grant relief from the fallout effects of combat, and also what the hell is happening on Israel's northern border with Lebanon, I'd like to know more about it. This information is not avail anywhere that I can see, but I'm not very bright about this stuff to begin with, I don't have the ability to understand the bigger picture, except Iran needs to get shut down in a big way, and NOBODY has the balls to do it.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8931 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Relief for Gaza = resupplying Hamas.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39874 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
How ever this plays out I think a few things need to happen. Getting out of Gaza provided Hamas with one benefit. They were given safe haven to plan, arm, recruit, and lick their wounds after contact with the IDF. If they intend to one day give Gaza back to the Palestinians they must...

1. Destroy all terror tunnels.
2. Find out how arms are being smuggled into Gaza and stop it cold.

I suspect most of it happens two ways. From the sea or the boarder with Egypt. A blockade must be set up. It would be safer for the Israelis to board vessels for inspection. But, that's going to ruffle some feathers, and might be a future problem. Let the world know if you're shipping aid to Gaza it will be completely inspected, and we'll take on a case by case basis what to do with those who violate the blockade.

For the border issue with their "peaceful" neighbors to the south. A border zone needs to be set up, and manned by Israeli troops. I suspect tunnels are there they need to be destroyed too. If Egypt doesn't like that invite them to take care of the problem to the Israelis satisfaction.

3. All Hamas leadership needs to die in a loud and grotesque manner. Even the yahoos in Qatar in their five star hotels, and anywhere else in the world. If they wish to surrender bring them back to Israel and show trial the shit out of them, and toss them into a prison for the rest of their natural life.

One extra thing needs to be addressed. Those living near the border need to be armed or perhaps a reserve unit needs to be stationed there with actual eyes on the fence. If not mine the living shit out it.

Posts: 7651 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Relief for Gaza = resupplying Hamas.

Old news that needs to be repeated.

Posts: 7490 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too think a lot of the Hamas pre attack intel was gathered by "insiders". That said, I learned during my police career and stint as a P.I. that you can learn a great deal about an interest or target through simple focused observation. Contributing to the damage was the fact that the Israelis had not suffered a sustained, organized and highly mobile attack in some time. Complacency may have been a factor.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
X95?
Straight-up war propaganda. It has all the hallmarks. Over and over they feed this crap to us. I've come to really resent this intelligence-insulting shit.

100% agree. It bothers me not just because I'm being deliberately lied to and they think I'm stupid, but also because there are real heroes doing heroic things whose stories are superseded by fake bullshit designed to Rouse the ra-ra spirit. I just hate it.

Posts: 2453 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I too think a lot of the Hamas pre attack intel was gathered by "insiders". That said, I learned during my police career and stint as a P.I. that you can learn a great deal about an interest or target through simple focused observation. Contributing to the damage was the fact that the Israelis had not suffered a sustained, organized and highly mobile attack in some time. Complacency may have been a factor.

I saw this today, there’s survivors reporting that many of them were workers from Gaza hired to work at these Israeli settlements:

https://x.com/awriteris/status...333267280089568?s=46

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I don't watch the news but I catch snips of it. One thing that stands out is that all of these people are demanding Israel stop and protect the lives of the innocent in Gaza, but not ONE of them that I've seen has demanded Hamas stop tossing rockets at Israeli civilians.

That is a level of hypocrisy that needs correcting.

343 - Never Forget

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ion-of-gaza-n2629859

The planned Israeli invasion of Gaza has been postponed. Reportedly, inclement weather is set to hit the area, making it difficult for Israel’s air force to conduct its operations. The expected land invasion is still a go, set to be executed within the coming days involving tens of thousands of soldiers. This operation comes after the heinous and barbaric October 7 attacks, where 1,000 Hamas terrorists invaded Israel by land, sea, and air.

Around 360,000 Israeli troops are amassing near Gaza, along with heavy equipment and tanks. The goal is to eliminate Hamas’ political and military apparatus in Gaza, and Israeli forces will remain until the job is completed

Reportedly, 40,000 Hamas terrorists are waiting for the Israeli onslaught, which means this Gaza invasion could last weeks, if not months, with heavy urban fighting. Israel has the edge, but this isn’t going to be a cakewalk

The Ground Invasion of the Gaza Strip has reportedly been Delayed from this Weekend to next Week due to Severe Weather in the Region that will make it increasingly difficult for Aircraft Pilots and Drone Operators to conduct Air Operations in support of Israeli Ground Troops, according to 3 Senior Israeli Officials who spoke to the NYT.

Tens of thousands of Hamas gunmen are thought to have entrenched themselves inside hundreds of miles of underground tunnels and bunkers beneath Gaza City and the surrounding parts of northern Gaza. Israeli military leaders expect that Hamas will attempt to impede their progress by blowing up some of those tunnels as Israelis advance above them, and by exploding roadside bombs and booby-trapping buildings.

Hamas also plans to ambush Israeli forces from behind by emerging suddenly from hidden tunnel openings dotted across northern Gaza, according to a Hamas officer who was not authorized to speak to the news media.

To make it easier for its soldiers to operate, the Israeli military’s rules of engagement have been loosened to allow soldiers to make fewer checks before shooting at suspected enemies, the three Israeli officers said, without giving further details.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Given Israel is in a position with no risk free options, I would consider this:

40,000 terrorist fighters seem to be mostly massed in the north

If some supplies such as food and water were delivered to the very south of Gaza, that would take away some of the criticism of badly treating civilians.

The fighting may go on for weeks/months

Some of those supplies might move north, but it could be a trade off worth considering.

With Israel controlling the air, mass movements of people or supplies could be limited to the tunnels

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Is there not ground penetrating radar now that would reveal many if not all of these tunnels?

Posts: 11433 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYLNCcLfIkM

Posts: 13119 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Is there not ground penetrating radar now that would reveal many if not all of these tunnels?

That is a very good point. I am sure the terrorists have access to satellite data like this, courtesy of Iran, China, India and/or Russia.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Wow! When I saw Fatwa in the title, I had to do a double take when I saw who it was directed against.
quote:
Nearly 1,500 Muslim imams endorse 'fatwa' against Hamas following Israel attack

The Global Imam Council, which represents 1,470 Muslim Imams around the world condemned Hamas' terrorist attack on Israel and endorsed a "fatwa" against the terror organization.

The GIC, based in Najaf, Iraq, condemned Hamas' October 7 attack last week, declaring that it stands "with the Jewish people in their struggle against ISIS-like Islamist terrorism carried out by Hamas."

"The Global Imams Council (GIC), our members, and the 800+ communities led by our Imams worldwide, abide by the Fatwa issued against Hamas by The Islamic Fatwa Council on 9 March, 2023, charging Hamas with corruption and crimes against humanity; forbidding Muslims from supporting, donating to, joining or praying for the terrorist organization. The GIC is proud to have proposed the Fatwa against Hamas to The Islamic Fatwa Council, and contributed to its Resolution Document that outlines the Islamic legal charges against Hamas," the group wrote in a statement.

The GIC went on to condemn the "extremist and violent rhetoric" used by pro-Palestinian and pro-Hamas protesters in the U.S. and Europe.

Tens of thousands of pro-Palestinian protesters took to the streets in the U.K. and Australia this weekend, with many shouting slogans in favor of killing Jewish people.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23690 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post