SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 180
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
I do wonder if this may cost Trump some support among Conservative supporters of Israel and Netanyahu.

Nope, won't cost him a thing.

Constructive criticism.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Truly, I despise stuff like this. We have events of great significance transpiring right now, with the potential of eventually effecting most of the world, and here comes the inevitable drumbeat of "It's just to distract us from the our other problems and issues." I can't get over how stupid this is, to think that a terrorist organization launched a murderous attack on a sovereign nation in order to distract Americans from Joe Biden and problems in our economy and the like.

It's impossible to take this kind of shit seriously, and yet, each time there are events which carry their own tidal wave that overrides all else, people like this come out of the woodwork. And the news media hasn't divided people on this matter; they have been divided forever on it, long before the news media existed.

https://twitter.com/hodgetwins.../1712957302666363152

Posts: 109162 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1flynDO:
Who were you embedded with? I thought you were a C130 guy?

You might be thinking of me. I was an advisor with the rotary wing at Kabul 2010-11. Yeah, it really made a lot of sense to send a Herk guy to a helo unit...

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1543 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Hamas should take a moment to think about the words of Jack Reacher - "Remember, you asked for this."

Posts: 9297 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Bombs about 2 miles north (10 second delay) of video. It's surprising there's still a feed.

Posts: 3601 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What are you referring to?

Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
There's a live feed in Gaza city looking north. Very steady barrage. More than yesterday morning it seems. Probably other channels using the same source.

Posts: 3601 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A bit of a thread drift.

Netanyahu's give no quarter to exterminate Hamas reminded me of a quote I think was from Demo Dick Marcinko aka Rogue Warrior and founder of Seal Team Six. Something to the effect that in combating terrorists they only respect the same violent savagery they perpetrate brought back to bear on them.

Can anyone sanity check my memory about the source and content of that sentiment?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m not politically savvy. What’s the scoop on Bibi? Some people I work with are Israeli living over there. They say Bibi dropped the ball here. He may be responding appropriately but there seems to be a sentiment that he dropped the ball playing politics instead of actions that could have prevented, detected or minimized the attack. Any insights?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13113 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I’m not politically savvy. What’s the scoop on Bibi? Some people I work with are Israeli living over there. They say Bibi dropped the ball here. He may be responding appropriately but there seems to be a sentiment that he dropped the ball playing politics instead of actions that could have prevented, detected or minimized the attack. Any insights?

The Likud party was elected with a slim margin, and the party coalition is a tenuous one. This is his third go-around as Prime Minister, for many Israeli's they see him being more consumed with political in-fighting and jousting, and not working to be the dynamic leader he was the first two times he served as premier. There's also sizeable segment that have Bibi-fatigue, while they're NOT-leftist they, feel Likud has gone too far, catering to the ultra-conservatives.

In Israel, there's an obligation of all males to serve in the military EXCEPT, if your 'job' is being devoted to the study of Judaism as a scholar, rabbi-in-training or, are apart of one of the orthodox/hard-core Jewish sects. These hardcore Jews make-up about 25-30% of the population - they don't work thus they don't contribute to the overall economy, they don't interact or, have relationships with anyone outside of their group and are prolific reproducers YET, they do have a right to vote and can sway elections.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Yes, they mentioned something about a segment of the population that was exempt from compulsory service and had significant influence. And also they get some sort of special protective services which seem to be distracting from larger defense efforts.

But 25% of the population doesn’t work nor serve? Shouldn’t they especially be vested in defending the country?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13113 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
I have read here and in other venues that the Hamas leadership don’t even live in Gaza but instead some place else.
Do we know who these people actually are and where they live so they can be taken out?
Many in Qatar and have been doing TV interviews bragging about being part of planning. I suspect Mossad will help them get on the news one last time.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23690 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
But 25% of the population doesn’t work nor serve? Shouldn’t they especially be vested in defending the country?

I believe corsair is referring to the ultra-orthodox Haredi/Hasidic community. If so, they make up ~14% of the Israeli population, not 25-30%.

And many do work. ~70% of the women and ~50% of the men in this community are employed. (Compared to ~80% and ~90% in the rest of the population, respectively.) A majority of orthodox men study at religious schools full time, which is viewed as their "job".

Likewise, while these ultra-orthodox are exempt from compulsory service, and have been since the founding of Israel, some still choose to serve. There are dedicated units comprised of just orthodox soldiers, or they can elect to integrate into standard IDF units.

Posts: 33107 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Hamas should take a moment to think about the words of Jack Reacher - "Remember, you asked for this."

Posts: 7409 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A past interview with Rashida Tlaib, in which speaks of the "calming feeling" she gets when she thinks of the Holocaust.

https://twitter.com/1RoboBen/s.../1712939063937048655

It must be for her much the same feeling I get when I think of her being taken up a few thousand feet in a helicopter over the Atlantic ocean and pushed out.

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Rashida Tlaib is a delight. Let's sit her next to Grandma.

Posts: 7409 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Yeah, Rashida Tlaib is a delight. Let's sit her next to Grandma.

Huh?

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Saw this on an Instapundit post, pretty much describes demoKKKrats.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4364 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
So, along with the weapons and ammo the US is sending to Israel are we also sending pig skins to bury the Hamas fighters dead bodies in? Make sure that gets on the news!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2687 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
We're a week into this and I'm still waiting for moderate Palestinians to condemn what Hamas did.

It sure seems like being Palestinian is synonymous with being a member of Hamas but surely that can't be true. I'll just wait for a prominent group of Palestinians or even a single notable figure from anywhere in the world to speak up against their atrocities.

It's eerily the same when ISIS was beheading people - no one in the Muslim community really spoke out, unless they were condemning them through their silence.

Posts: 4254 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post