SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 180
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
At its roots I guess this could be described as an out of control outgrowth of the original sibling rivalry between Issac and Ishmael.

No, at it's roots was a power hungry militant fuck named Mohammed who wanted to control the entire region. He figured the best way to do that was with "religious" fervor. So he woke up one day, declared himself a prophet, made up a bunch of bullshit, and started the killing. And we live with the shit he started to this day.

The "religion" of islam has never been about any God. It's root has always been about power. Nothing more, nothing less.

Posts: 20606 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
‘Allahu Akbar’ Migrant Knifeman Stabs Teacher to Death.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2...bs-teacher-to-death/

A Chechen migrant granted refugee status in France has murdered a school teacher and wounded another teacher and a security guard at a school in northern France. He was on the country’s watch list. Mohamed Mogouchkov, said to be aged 19, yelled ‘Allahu Akbar!’ as he attacked French literature teacher Dominique Bernard, said to be in his forties, outside Gambetta High School, Arras, around 11 a.m. on Friday morning.

Mogouchkov was at large and able to carry out his attack despite being a known supporter of the Islamic State terrorist organization. His brother, arrested following the attack, is also a known Islamic State supporter, and spent time in prison for disseminating jihadist propaganda.

Hamas, responsible for the deadly terror raid on Israel last weekend, had called for Friday to be a ‘Day of Jihad’ for Muslims worldwide, but it is unclear whether or not Mogouchkov’s attack was directly related to the call to action as of the time of publication.

Macron says second attack foiled after fatal stabbing at French school

https://www.france24.com/en/fr...ing-at-french-school

Posts: 13119 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Peaceful

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I am also in agreement with those praising 911Boss’ post.

Posts: 13598 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
It's not often that I will sit through a full segment of 'Danger Close' with Jack Carr, but todays segment with Haviv Rettig Gur, the senior political analyst for The Times of Israel was worth the full watch. Gur gives some very insightful thoughts into the collective mind of Israel at this point in time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL-KQHTnFEE

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2107 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gaza ground operation would lead to 'unacceptable' civilian toll: Putin
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He should know!
Here is the link:

https://www.tbsnews.net/world/...an-toll-putin-717790

Posts: 17529 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Is the low IQ thing supposed to make them less human? I get that it's shitty and dumb that they have a knack for cousin-love, but what's the point of making anyone seem less than human in a conflict like this?

No.
The point is that it explains how some groups of people are unable to better themselves after thousands of years.

Posts: 10045 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Why is there no news of Hamas support from the West Bank, where some close to 3 million Palestinians live?
Is it because perhaps Hamas isn't as strong an influence there?
Is it because world focus is currently on Gaza?
Or something else?
Just seems the Palestinian population of the West Bank is of little to no concern right now.

Posts: 4841 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
At its roots I guess this could be described as an out of control outgrowth of the original sibling rivalry between Issac and Ishmael.
The "religion" of islam has never been about any God. Its root has always been about power. Nothing more, nothing less.

I spent 18 months embedded with Afghans and watching this up close. I totally disagree with your characterization. Muslim fanatics routinely do things that make no logical sense if their primary objective was the pursuit of power, rather, they are perfectly logical when viewed through the lens of whole hearted submission to Allah. I don't want to derail this thread, but a misunderstanding of our adversary and what drives their decision matrix was at the root of many GWOT failures. They absolutely believe what they say they believe, and we should treat them accordingly.

Posts: 2453 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Was I not clear in my remarks yesterday?

Don't come into this forum trying to rationalize the murder of all Palestinian children. Is that clear?

It is completely unacceptable in this forum and shall always be completely unacceptable in this forum.

There is plenty to discuss without returning to a subject I've told you guys is unwelcome here. I'm not going to keep saying it.

Posts: 109161 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
It's not often that I will sit through a full segment of 'Danger Close' with Jack Carr, but todays segment with Haviv Rettig Gur, the senior political analyst for The Times of Israel was worth the full watch. Gur gives some very insightful thoughts into the collective mind of Israel at this point in time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL-KQHTnFEE

Thank you for the link. Although I have all of Carr’s books, I had never listened to his podcast. Haviv Rettig Gur is as articulate as they come, and his readily accessible knowledge on the history of Jews, Israel, Hamas, and the Middle East is astonishing. The podcast ggile linked is 1 hour and 37 minutes long. It’s worth your time, but I would suggest that you at least listen to the first 23 minutes.

Posts: 13598 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who were you embedded with? I thought you were a C130 guy?

Posts: 1765 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
One of the things discussed was that part of the reason for Hama's action may have been to provoke a harsh retaliation by Israel, and with it the inevitable protests world wide, and to garner international media exposure.

Its much to long to copy into the post, but, it's worth looking at to see the images of protests from Iran, Jordan, Berlin, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Japan, India, burning effigies of Biden and Netanyahu, Israel's Flag.

Link

Flames of fury: 'Day of jihad' sparks fears of wider regional conflict after huge numbers of Muslims protest against Israel's bombardment of Gaza across the Middle East Tens of thousands of protesters took to the streets after Friday prayers in Muslim communities around world

Anti-Israel protests have been held in a 'day of jihad' across the world today after former Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal demanded thousands of Muslims take to the streets to demonstrate amid the ongoing conflict.

Tens of thousands of Muslims demonstrated Friday across the Middle East in support of the Palestinians and against the intensifying Israeli bombardment of Gaza, underscoring the risk of a wider regional conflict as Israel prepares for a possible ground invasion.

From the typically sedate streets of downtown Amman in Jordan, to Yemen's war-scarred capital of Sanaa, crowds of Muslim worshippers poured into the streets after weekly Friday prayers, angered by devastating Israeli airstrikes on Gaza that began after the militant group Hamas launched an unprecedented surprise attack on Israel last Saturday.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1flynDO:
Who were you embedded with? I thought you were a C130 guy?

I flew C130s early on, then moved to other platforms for most of my career. I embedded with the Kabul attack wing later in the war.

posted Hide Post
Got it. Yeah I helped close KAF down

Posts: 1765 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Dang, wherever that street is, just one bomb……

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13113 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Dang, wherever that street is, just one bomb……
That's Tahir Square in Baghdad.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6373 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Jordan has a very sizeable population that is palestinian...also they tried to take over Jordan and overthrow King Hussein, the Palis also assassinated his grandfather Abdullah.

Hussein fought & finally kicked out the PLO in 1970-1971, hence Black September.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4364 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1flynDO:
Got it. Yeah I helped close KAF down
PM sent to your profile email

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Well, it didn't take long for the talking idiots to weigh in on the side of the terrorists. Apparently Hamas can do whatever they want but all international laws apply to the Israeli response Roll Eyes

Where was their outrage at the crimes against humanity perpetrated by Hamas? I don't recall them rallying in support of the innocent Israeli citizens being killed.

quote:

"The mass expulsion of over 1 million people in a day is ethnic cleansing," Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., tweeted Friday. "The UN has already said this is 'impossible' and will have 'devastating humanitarian consequences.' We have to stop ignoring the thousands of Palestinian lives lost and millions at stake! We must use all diplomatic tools stop this."

Others, including Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Wisc., and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., also said the request was not possible.

"I get [Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu] wanting to go after Hamas. But international standards must apply, protection of innocents must be respected, and unrealistic demands like moving 1.1 million people in 24 hours is ridiculous. Israel will lose public support & hurt innocent people," he added.

"Any person can see that ordering 1+ million people to move in under 24 hours is not possible. It is unacceptable. The UN has already deemed the order 'impossible' without 'devastating humanitarian consequences,'" tweeted Ocasio-Cortez. "Humanity is at stake. Nearly half are children. We must halt this."

Rep. Greg Casar, D-Texas, argued Israeli retaliation on Gaza would harm Palestinians rather than Hamas terrorists.

"The Palestinian people are not Hamas. The response to Hamas' horrific terrorism cannot be mass death of innocent Palestinians. Israel, just like the U.S., must follow international law, even when Hamas does not. Our humanity is at stake."

Later Friday afternoon, a group of 55 House Democrats published a letter urging "those carrying out military operations to follow international humanitarian law and protect innocent civilian lives on both sides."

"We strongly believe that Israel’s response must take into account the millions of innocent civilians in Gaza who themselves are victims of Hamas and are suffering the consequences of their terror campaign," the letter, addressed to President Joe Biden, said.

Among the requests made of Biden were that he prioritize "communicat[ing] that Israel’s response in Gaza must be carried out according to international law and take all due measures to limit harm to innocent civilians," "work[ing] to quickly restore the delivery of food, water, fuel, electricity, and other life-saving necessities to Gaza to ensure that innocent civilians have the basics needed for survival," and "collaborat[ing] with regional partners to establish a humanitarian corridor to enable the delivery of such life-saving necessities and to allow Palestinian civilians and foreign nationals, including U.S. citizens, to seek safe haven outside of Gaza."

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38248 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post