SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Is the low IQ thing supposed to make them less human? I get that it's shitty and dumb that they have a knack for cousin-love, but what's the point of making anyone seem less than human in a conflict like this?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9175 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Is the low IQ thing supposed to make them less human?

No. It's supposed to make it clear that we're trying to reason with irrational idiots. Like teaching thermodynamics to a two year old. Good luck with that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30665 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is the low IQ thing supposed to make them less human? I get that it's shitty and dumb that they have a knack for cousin-love, but what's the point of making anyone seem less than human in a conflict like this?

I believe it indicates that the general populace are easily moldable and impressionable.

Posts: 543 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Extremely low IQ coupled with extremist ideals from birth creates a person that cannot be reasoned with. How do you approach such a person? They want to kill you, born to hate you. These animals were raised in such a way that every bad thing in their lives, and every member of their family, from the dawn of time is YOUR fault.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2182 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think the reference to an IQ is an attempt to explain why they seem so easily led to the slaughter.

Posts: 9676 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diplomat at Israel’s embassy in China ‘stabbed’:

The Israeli foreign ministry has confirmed the attack and said the victim is in a stable condition in hospital

https://www.scmp.com/news/chin...oll_0&pgtype=article

Posts: 12863 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
A little bit of sanity from Harvard

‘There Is Such a Thing as Evil:’ 100+ Harvard Professors Condemn 30+ Pro-Terror Student Groups

More than 100 Harvard professors published an open letter condemning the 30+ student groups that signed a joint statement expressing support for Palestinian terrorists and blaming Jews for Hamas’ attack against them. The professors also called out Harvard leadership for failing to properly react to their students.

And to add to that little section of Harvard...

Link

Doxxing truck’ drives around Harvard showing names, photos of students who blamed Israel for Hamas attacks By Shannon Thaler Published Oct. 12, 2023, 9:55 a.m. ET

A “doxxing truck” is driving around the campus of Harvard University with digital billboards that display the names and photos of students who allegedly signed a letter blaming Israel for Hamas’ violent attack that killed more than 1,200 people over the weekend.

Giant video screens hung on the sides and back of the truck display the words “Harvard’s Leading Antisemites” in gothic script over a slideshow of Ivy Leaguers’ headshots and names in bold, red block letters, according to photos on social media.

Nonprofit news watchdog Accuracy in Media was behind the truck, which showed the students involved in the 34 student groups that signed a letter saying Israel is “entirely responsible” for Hamas’ deadly attack on Saturday.

The truck’s surprise appearance around campus on Wednesday “was the first day [of a] multi-day, multi-pronged campaign involving multiple billboards and a variety of other tactics,” Accuracy in Media president Adam Guillette told The Post.

The group deployed the truck because it’s “incredibly important to know who the hateful antisemites are in our society. And it’s important for people to know that their actions have consequences,” Guillette said in an interview with The Post.

Our mobile billboards will be at Harvard for the foreseeable future,” he said, noting that Accuracy in Media “never violates any laws.”

Photos of the truck shared on social media blocked out the names and photos of the students.

Follow along with The Post’s live blog for the latest on Hamas’ attack on Israel

A dozen CEOs back Bill Ackman’s call to not hire Harvard students who blamed Israel for Hamas attack

The vehicle also displayed the website HarvardHatesJews.com, which leads to a forum that encourages users to send an email to members of Harvard’s board of trustees.

“Tell them to take action against these despicable, hateful students,” the website says.

It also offers a pre-written message to send the board, which reads: “As an overseer at Harvard, you have a moral obligation to take a stand against the antisemites on campus who issued a statement in support of Hamas,” and urges these high-ranking staffers to “expel these students and kick their organizations off campus immediately.”

The truck has drawn fierce criticism on social media, including from Harvard professor Jason Furman, who condemned the letter, but seemed to think the truck takes it too far.

“Two wrongs do not make a right. Publishing lists of students and personal information under the headings ‘terrorist,’ ‘genocidal murderer’ and ‘anti semite’ is just wrong in any circumstance,” Furman tweeted in a long-winded thread on X on Wednesday.

To that, Guillette said: “Antisemites who publicly sign antisemitic proclamations shouldn’t be surprised when people don’t like what they said.”

“If they’re ashamed of what they’ve done, they should apologize and we’ll take their names down. If they’re proud, then they should thank us for amplifying their message.”

Bill Ackman, a Harvard grad and hedge fund manager with a $3.5 billion net worth, was quick to call on his alma mater to release a list of the members of the dozens of student groups involved in the letter.

Harvard students scramble to take back support for letter attacking Israel as some CEOs look to blacklist them

“I have been asked by a number of CEOs if Harvard would release a list of the members of each of the Harvard organizations that have issued the letter assigning sole responsibility for Hamas’ heinous acts to Israel, so as to insure that none of us inadvertently hire any of their members,” Ackman, founder of hedge fund giant Pershing Square Capital Management, wrote on his X social media account on Tuesday.

“If, in fact, their members support the letter they have released, the names of the signatories should be made public so their views are publicly known.”

Posts: 23799 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The people claiming support for Hamas obviously lack the courage of their convictions- that or they were compensated for their hateful rhetoric and have come to the realization that actions have consequences. The same goes for anyone that joins the so called “day of protest” in support for child murdering terrorist zealots. If you support the savages, your name and face should be available to everyone so that they can see what you stand for.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15712 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
USS Dwight D Eisenhower CSG leaving Norfolk, VA headed to Israel to join USS Ford CSG.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2182 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Just a few random thoughts...

I am by no means a biblical scholar, but my understanding is that the Muslim's "Allah", the Jew's "Elohim", and the Christian's "God" are all one and the same. One of the longstanding things I have grappled with as a Christian is the incongruous infighting between different denominations and faiths over the specifics and technicalities of the competing theologies in the worship of a single God.

A recent sermon by my Pastor has been repeatedly coming back to me as I read this thread. "Our" God is a God of love and mercy and NOT a God of human or child sacrifice. This, to me, is one of the most important differences between "our" God and the other "gods" and idols that people worshipped in the early times (and some still today I guess).

In Judaism and Christianity, the book of Genesis (22:1-19) describes God's command to Abraham to sacrifice his son Issac. Abraham follows God's command and prepares to do so but then an Angel intervenes and Issac is spared. This was the basis of my Pastor's sermon and how it spoke to the idea of human sacrifice which was prevalent in other beliefs is abhorrent to our God.

From a quick internet research, this story is told almost identically in the Qur'an. The only real difference is while Genesis clearly identifies Issac as the son to be offered, the Qur'an doesn't name the son and the Muslim faith believes it was Ishmael (Abrahams first son from his wife's Handmaid Hagar) who was taken to the mountain.

This is the real tragedy in all of this to me. Both religions are based on much of the same teachings. The idea that "Allah" demands martyrdom and sacrifice, condones the killing of innocents (especially children), and has somehow been manipulated to demand the extinction of members of another faith that worships the same God is difficult to comprehend.

As another poster mentioned, war is in fact hell. The more we try to "sanitize" with the best of intentions, the more palatable and frequent it becomes. History is packed with such examples. The Gatling Gun was invented as a means to REDUCE the need for large armies and by extension reduce the number of casualties on the battlefield due to injury and disease (disease caused more Civil War deaths than gunshots). Instead, it just became a more efficient means to kill and reduced the savagery of needing to be in closer contact with the "enemy".

Road to hell is paved with good intentions as they say.

There are no easy answers to complex situations. At its roots I guess this could be described as an out of control outgrowth of the original sibling rivalry between Issac and Ishmael. This conflict has raged for many millennia and I don't expect it will end until we all do.

I will always condemn the slaughter of children. I can't imagine the mental anguish those forced into such a situation where children become casualties will carry for the rest of their days.

For those who willingly slaughter the innocent, I pray there is a special eternal punishment. Logically and spiritually, I believe it is wrong for me to pray for the punishment of others.

Christ said "Forgive them, they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34) as he was being tortured by the roman soldiers. I have been taught the peace attained through forgiveness is a gift for the victim and not their abuser. Forgiving does not condone the act that necessitated the forgiveness. Forgiveness does not absolve the need for consequences.

Hate and anger weigh heavy on the heart and make the soul bitter. I am human and a sinner though, and such atrocities give rise to emotions that are not easily addressed with "logic". Just as we have disdain for the "left" who frequently seem to act based on emotions instead of logic, we should hold ourselves to the same standard.

It is a terrible time we are in. I pray it ends soon, but I fear we have much suffering ahead before peace reigns.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11045 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The 354th FW from DM have deployed to CentCom

Should get interesting with the booster A10 presence. I forsee a lot of depleted uranium tipped ammo in the future.

Posts: 53470 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I assume Palestine counts. Here is ine study
Link: https://www.sciencedirect.com/...ii/S0160289614001093
You beat me to it.
quote:

Discussion

The two previous studies of an IQ for Palestine summarized in the introduction gave estimates of 86 and 83.3. The two estimates are in close agreement and were averaged to 84.6 by Meisenberg and Lynn (2011) and Lynn and Vanhanen (2012). The present result gives an IQ of 85 and is in close agreement with the results of the two previous studies. We consider that the best estimate for an IQ for Palestine now available is obtained by averaging the three results to give an IQ of 84.8.
So, probably closer to 85 than 67.

An IQ of 85 is, I believe, regarded as "borderline mental disability." That doesn't mean just stupid, but, only marginally able to function on their own.

I suppose 67 is possible, but, like ZSMICHAEL, I think it rather unlikely.
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I found the so called study that has a 67 IQ. It is poorly done. Shapiro should fire his reseachers.
Link to that study, please?
quote:
Is the low IQ thing supposed to make them less human?
Nope. It's their behavior that reveals them to be less human. Their average IQ only provides a partial explanation as to why they engage in that behavior.
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Hamas: Starts war.

UN: Poor victims of the war Frown let's give them $300 million.
Yeah... well... the UN

I would expect nothing more from that worthless org.
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
And to add to that little section of Harvard...

Link

Doxxing truck’ drives around Harvard showing names, photos of students who blamed Israel for Hamas attacks By Shannon Thaler Published Oct. 12, 2023, 9:55 a.m. ET
Already posted two pages back.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
They’re not less human but they are more dangerous as they have no morals or values other than blind hatred and rage.

Kill them all, get it over with so the rebuilding the peace can begin. Hamas deserves to be exterminated.

Posts: 53470 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Just a few random thoughts...

[SNIP]

It is a terrible time we are in. I pray it ends soon, but I fear we have much suffering ahead before peace reigns.

Excellent post '911Boss'!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9129 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyMCO:
I find it odd that we don't see a rash of people putting the Israeli flag on their social media profiles, I thought that's what we do when a horrible tragedy occurs and we want to support the victims...yeah right.

I've never done the virtue signal flag thing on my social media. Pretty much all of it that I see is from lefties, so it doesn't surprise me we aren't seeing a flood of Israeli flags.

Posts: 9594 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Excellent post '911Boss'!

Yes, sir!

God bless America.

Posts: 13618 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by southernmaninla:
USS Dwight D Eisenhower CSG leaving Norfolk, VA headed to Israel to join USS Ford CSG.

Sortof....

Ford has been deployed in/around the Med since May, her deployment schedule is just about completed, Ike is her replacement. They'll likely sail together for about a week, see what orders come down and Ford will return home.

Posts: 14839 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Yes, 911Boss, an excellent post.

A very thoughtful and honest look at the current dilemma of trying to keep our collective souls while ridding the world of this filth. I have had the same issues growing up, looking at the disdain most Christian denominations have for one another. I remember having extensive, theological conversations with my mother about this very thing.

In the end, I just had to accept that there will always be different perceptions from different people(s). When these differences turn into actions, especially as we see today, it's time to put all that aside and deal with real and present threats. There is much of this previously complex situation that has been much simplified by the naked aggression and 100% unacceptable goals and actions of the aggressors. The act of protecting yourselves and counterattacking that aggression, trying to prevent its recurrence is a simple, natural human response.

Once things get quiet again, in the aftermath, that's when it gets complex again.

quote:
Originally posted by ss9961:
quote:

I believe it indicates that the general populace are easily moldable and impressionable.

But they already have been impressed and molded. And one of those traits baked in is that they cannot believe or even listen to anyone outside of their authority figures. Who themselves are descended from an eon of identical indoctrination.

Tough nuts to crack. Pun intended.

Posts: 7304 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Let's start with actions-
Would the act of killing multiple innocent women and children make them less human?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8405 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post