SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Sanders has his head so far up his ass that he needs a glass belly button to see where he's going.

What tends to get glossed over is that Sanders is a Jew, raised in a Brooklyn Jewish family, his father a Polish-Jewish immigrant. They had family members who were killed in the Holocaust. And the scumbag essentially sympathizes with Hamas over Israel.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16864 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.thefp.com/p/how-israel-got-ambushed

senior Hamas official Ali Baraka, in an interview on an Arabic-language TV station, boasted that the terrorist organization had been planning the attack for two years.

“The zero hour was kept completely secret. . . . Hamas leaders knew it. The number of people who knew about the attack and its timing could be counted on one hand.”

The fact that Hamas kept this secret is arguably Israel’s most serious failure. Israeli intelligence agencies—the Mossad, the Shin Bet, and the Military Intelligence Directorate (Aman)—are seen as world-beating institutions. Only a few years ago, they located and stole Iran’s nuclear archives right from under the noses of the ayatollahs. Israel invests billions in tracking every movement of every presumed terrorist in Gaza. But somehow they missed this.

Hamas likely avoided using any electronic devices to communicate plans of their attack.

they kept the plan highly compartmentalized within Hamas ranks, with gunmen told only a small piece of the puzzle, to prevent a leak.

Hamas used the last few weeks to hold protests along the border to normalize the presence of people in a usually restricted area. Attacking on Saturday morning during a holiday gave them another advantage. At 6:30 a.m., soldiers are just waking up and switching shifts. Meanwhile, rocket fire from the sky pushed Israeli soldiers at their bases into protective spaces, meaning they were unable to stand outside and watch for invaders. And when Hamas used drones to drop bombs on Israel’s communications towers, the IDF lost its chain of command.

Hamas leader Baraka bragged on TV, “We made them think that Hamas was busy governing Gaza and that it wanted to focus on the 2.5 million Palestinians (in Gaza) and has abandoned the resistance altogether. All the while. . . Hamas was preparing for this big attack.

“The Israelis are known to love life,” he continued. “We, on the other hand, sacrifice ourselves. We consider our dead to be martyrs. The thing any Palestinian desires the most is to be martyred for the sake of Allah, defending his land.”

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sanders is a Jew, raised in a Brooklyn Jewish family, his father a Polish-Jewish immigrant. They had family members who were killed in the Holocaust. And the scumbag essentially sympathizes with Hamas over Israel.

New York jews are Democrats first, ethnic jews second. Leftism is a religion.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24328 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Came across this YouTube channel this morning which seems to give a fairly thorough analysis of what is currently going on.

As with any media don’t take it as gospel…

https://youtu.be/jVpf4S3s1Fc?si=oO3z26VzKLpGJk8r

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6394 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
I've recently come to think of it more as a cult than a religion.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Sanders is a Jew, raised in a Brooklyn Jewish family, his father a Polish-Jewish immigrant. They had family members who were killed in the Holocaust. And the scumbag essentially sympathizes with Hamas over Israel.

Leftism is the golden calf for most of the Jews in the US sadly. Pray that they seek God.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7107 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Came across this YouTube channel this morning which seems to give a fairly thorough analysis of what is currently going on.

As with any media don’t take it as gospel…

https://youtu.be/jVpf4S3s1Fc?si=oO3z26VzKLpGJk8r

Those Raptor News presentations are very interesting. Like you, I'm taking them with a grain of salt.

Embedded:

"The Israeli intelligence aircraft conducted reconnaissance over Gaza for 3 hours. As a result of the reconnaissance, the locations of highly important depots for underground shelters were identified. In this situation, the Israeli Navy directly targeted the area where the depots were located. Additionally, the position of the most important Hamas commander was determined. Israeli fighter jets initiated a major aerial operation directly. Furthermore, tension has significantly increased in northern Israel. There is constant movement in the area where the border posts are located. Unmanned aerial vehicles continue to successfully neutralize their targets in the region."

Posts: 16003 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not all of us. I was born in Brooklyn and lived in the NYC area for my first 17 years.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31016 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
100% accurate or not, the Raptor News video sure appeared to have lots of credible information

Posts: 13422 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Israel war: Egypt gave warning about Hamas attack, McCaul says

https://www.washingtonexaminer...-hamas-attack-mccaul

Egypt warned Israel about an attack from Hamas three days before the weekend assault, House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Michael McCaul (R-TX) said on Wednesday.

“We know that Egypt has warned the Israelis three days prior that an event like this could happen,” McCaul told reporters after a closed-door intelligence briefing focused on the war, according to the Guardian. “I don’t want to get too much into classified [details], but a warning was given. I think the question was at what level.”

McCaul's statements appear to contradict Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's repeated claims that he was not told of Hamas's plans before the attack, prompting further questions over who knew what and when.

An Egyptian intelligence official said his country had warned Israel that “something big” could happen, but both U.S. and Israeli officials have denied that any such warning occurred.

“We have warned them an explosion of the situation is coming, and very soon, and it would be big. But they underestimated such warnings,” the official from Egypt, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told the Associated Press.

More at link

Posts: 12864 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
“We know that Egypt has warned the Israelis three days prior that an event like this could happen...”

If true, and I don't doubt it is, my guess is that the scale was likely underestimated.

But, if you're Israel and you take proactive actions, then you're the heavy. The press eviscerates you and you are the big mean kid on the block. If you don't and what happened occurs, you retaliate, and over the course of days/weeks still look like the mean kid on the block.

Lose, lose, situation for Israel.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6268 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Israel war: Egypt gave warning about Hamas attack, McCaul says

https://www.washingtonexaminer...-hamas-attack-mccaul

Egypt warned Israel about an attack from Hamas three days before the weekend assault, House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Michael McCaul (R-TX) said on Wednesday.

“We know that Egypt has warned the Israelis three days prior that an event like this could happen,” McCaul told reporters after a closed-door intelligence briefing focused on the war, according to the Guardian. “I don’t want to get too much into classified [details], but a warning was given. I think the question was at what level.”

McCaul's statements appear to contradict Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's repeated claims that he was not told of Hamas's plans before the attack, prompting further questions over who knew what and when.

An Egyptian intelligence official said his country had warned Israel that “something big” could happen, but both U.S. and Israeli officials have denied that any such warning occurred.

“We have warned them an explosion of the situation is coming, and very soon, and it would be big. But they underestimated such warnings,” the official from Egypt, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told the Associated Press.

More at link

Not sure what to make of articles like this. A generic warning that “something big” might happen soon is not actionable. Also, these kinds of warnings are very common and come often. Unless paired with details, a timeline or specific target sets, what are authorities supposed to do? It will matter at what level the message was sent: if it’s deputy department heads or senior political leadership.

The biggest thing authorities could have done to minimize impacts of this attack would be allowing the general population to be armed. For preventing that, they deserve repudiation. Sounds like they’re on track to somewhat change that issue.

Posts: 2420 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm very skeptical of these reports that "Egypt warned Israel!" and "Netanyahu did nothing!"

The Israeli Left (and there seems to be a whole lot of them) hate Netanyahu like the Left hates Trump here and I think this is their attempt to get rid of him.

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I'm very skeptical of these reports that "Egypt warned Israel!" and "Netanyahu did nothing!"

The Israeli Left (and there seems to be a whole lot of them) hate Netanyahu like the Left hates Trump here and I think this is their attempt to get rid of him.

Agreed. Never let a crisis go to waste, and all that.

Posts: 2420 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Took him long enough and only after a lot of pressure from his own party:

US, Qatar Agree To Stop Iran From Accessing $6 Billion Fund After Bipartisan Pressure On Biden

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Israel's Health Minister issued a directive to the hospitals to refuse treatment of Hamas terrorists.

quote:
"In these difficult times, the health system should focus fully on the treatment of the victims of the criminal massacre, the IDF soldiers and preparedness for the next," added the health minister. "The task of securing and treating the cursed and despicable terrorists within the public health system significantly harms these efforts and therefore, under my guidance, the public health system will not treat them."

I would think a bullet in the head would be immediate treatment for the terrorists.

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-767787

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16864 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Today I received one of those messages that you don't want to get. The wife of my dad's closest friend in HS passed away. I knew them well, they were an amazing couple.

She was an amazing person, intelligent, funny, classy but also very down to earth. She was also a 5 star chef level cook, apparently learned from her mother. Her baklava would stop time.

I learned only about 10 years ago that she was from Lebanon and had come here as a little girl back in the early 50's. I remember clearly when she told me how beautiful the country was when she was young and what an amazing city Beirut once was. I remember her pausing and taking a breath as her eyes welled with tears before she told me how much it hurt her heart to see the death and destruction that had taken over her homeland. Given that her family is Catholic I'll guess that had something to do with them coming here.

She passed late last week. The only positive is that I'm glad she didn't have to see what started this week. Knowing how she was, I can only imagine how all of this would have impacted her.

This goes back a long way and has a wide wake of pain behind it.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38066 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/midd...-on-friday-the-13th/

Hamas has called on Muslims worldwide to stage a “Day of Jihad,” or holy war, on Friday, October 13th

The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) reported Hamas as saying:

"We declare next Friday, ‘The Friday of the Al-Aqsa Flood,’ as a day of general mobilization in our Arab and Islamic world and among the free people of the world. It is a day to rally support, offer aid, and participate actively. It is a day to expose the crimes of the occupation, isolate it, and foil all its aggressive schemes. It is a day to demonstrate our love for Palestine, Jerusalem, and Al-Aqsa. It is a day for sacrifice, heroism, and dedication, and to earn the honor of defending the first Qibla of Muslims, the third holiest mosque, and the ascension of the trusted Messenger.

We call upon the free people of the world to mobilize in solidarity with our Palestinian people and in support of their just cause and legitimate rights to freedom, independence, return, and self-determination."

Hamas also called on Palestinians within the West Bank (known to Israelis as Judea and Samaria) to rise up against Israeli soldiers, and called on Arab citizens of Israel (“Our people within the occupied territories of 1948”) to revolt against the state.

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Israel Bombs Damascus & Aleppo Airports Before Iran's Foreign Minister Due To Arrive

https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...-minister-due-arrive

Iranian state sources say foreign minister Hossein Amirabdollahian's plane has landed in Baghdad. It's unclear whether he will continue on his trip to visit Syria, which some reports say is scheduled for tomorrow.

State media said his trip is "in light of the current Palestinian events, the crimes committed against Gaza and their dangerous ramifications." At this moment, it appears the only functioning major airport in Syria is in Lattakia, or there would also be the possibility of the Iranians utilizing the Russian airbase. Syria also has military airports.

More at link

Posts: 12864 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Hamas has called on Muslims worldwide to stage a “Day of Jihad,” or holy war, on Friday, October 13th

I posted a similar article a few pages back. Some agencies were reporting it as a "protest" other are taking the words of Hamas more seriously.

My take on it is:
[/url]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,