SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I saw a report that 600,000 German civilians died from the bombings during WWII. Who knows how many died in the Tokyo fire-bombing or Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

It's a terrible thing, that, but unfortunately it was necessary in order to defeat and take away the will to fight from the enemy. We are now approaching 100 years of peace with those nations.

Anyone with a soul doesn't want to do these things, but sometimes these things need to be done. No other approach to those animals has worked in 600 years of dealing with them.

“When peace comes we will perhaps in time be able to forgive the Arabs for killing our sons, but it will be harder for us to forgive them for having forced us to kill their sons. Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us.”
― Golda Meir, A Land of Our Own: An Oral Autobiography

They chose it. Whatever outcome occurs, they forced it upon themselves.

Posts: 20240 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
So this Khaled Mashel guy is extorting Muslims to die for the cause. I’m sure he has no plans to lead by example.
I look forward to hearing about the Israelis finding these scum anywhere in the world and killing them. Just like they did after the Munich Olympics.

Posts: 1241 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Cute...don't take the doll if they try to hand you one.

Posts: 698 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Moderated status, seven days.

Posts: 108234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Anyone with a soul doesn't want to do these things, but sometimes these things need to be done. No other approach to those animals has worked in 600 years of dealing with them.
Go ahead. Don't sit at your keyboard talking about what needs to be done. Go do it. You. Personally. Kill women and children.

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
At the conclusion of the Great War (aka WW1), The German military was defeated. The German people were not. In a few short years they rose again, and birthed the horrors of World War 2.

At the conclusion of the WW2, both the German military and the people were defeated. Since then, there has been peace.

Can the Palestinian people be defeated without descending into wider war with the entire Muslim world?

It may be a risk that Israel is forced to take, as Palestinian containment hasn't worked.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17508 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
https://currently.att.yahoo.co...srael-164345386.html

US death toll in Israel-Hamas war rises to 22 as Blinken heads to Israel and US makes military moves

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Go ahead. Don't sit at your keyboard talking about what needs to be done. Go do it. You. Personally. Kill women and children.

Why the sanctimonious taunting?

You can't possibly be ignorant of the facts.

It's perfectly acceptable for many here to shoot and kill someone for sticking a cell phone in your face, but collateral deaths in a war for your very survival is somehow so horrific that you back off and let the enemy behead a few more of your children?

Posts: 20240 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...their-homes-n2629703

The Israeli Defense Forces told civilians living in Gaza to leave a number of areas ahead of a bombing campaign to take out Hamas terrorists and their infrastructure. In typical fashion, the terrorist organization is telling people to stay put

Palestinian Media Channels are now telling Gaza Residents not to leave their Homes if they are Contacted by the Israeli Defense Force with them further stating, “We Live in our Homes and Die in our Homes. We will not Move. We will not Budge. We are all Behind the Resistance"

John Kirby: Hamas is putting civilians at risk of death by putting their operations in hospitals and schools.

Hamas transformed an institute of knowledge into an institute of destruction.

A short while ago, the IDF struck an important Hamas operational, political and military center in Gaza—the Islamic University.

Hamas transformed a university into a training camp for weapons development and military intelligence.

video:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1712028977567605168

Dozens of Israeli Air Force fighter jets struck over 200 targets in the Al-Furqan neighborhood—a terrorist hotspot from which Hamas devises and executes their attacks.

This is the 3rd counterstrike in the area during the last 24 hours, in which 450 targets were struck.

Posts: 19686 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, look at you on your high horse. Calling me sanctimonious for telling you to do the killing you say is necessary.

I'm not the one cloaking murder in the cause of "necessity". That's all on you, and when you place yourself in such a position you'd better be prepared it back it up with action.

So...

Go ahead
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
You can't possibly be ignorant of the facts.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. What I know is that this is an impossible situation, and murdering innocents is not going to bring about the solution.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Hamas should be completely destroyed.

In the global interest of avoiding a world wide Muslim vs the world war:

This may be naive but what are the possibilities that the rest of the Gaza inhabitants could be assimilated? 2M people? Send 400k people to be distributed across prc. Another 400k to Russia. The rest of the 1.2M distributed across 20 other countries with large populations. Zero tolerance from any of these people manifesting Hamas sympathies.

Return Gaza completely to Isr. They deserve some peace within their borders.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12846 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I found the statements asking for Muslim blood and souls to be sacrificed for Palestine notable. It sounds a lot like he's asking for suicide attacks or attacks where the perpetrators have no intent to survive. That is a different mentality. We've seen leaders call for worldwide jihad before on a given date and nothing happened.

I haven't seen everything, but what I've seen leads me to believe that Hamas and Hezbollah felt that their sudden attack on Israel would inspire the neighboring countries and their military would pour across the boarder and push Israel into the sea. That of course did not happen and as always since the 60's, they sat back and watched.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38061 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
sdy's Twitter/X video...

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1712028977567605168

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
They say WWI and WWII and possibly WWIII. How is this not just the next act in the human Shakespearean tragedy that just "The World War". The US occupied Germany after Act 2. We may be looking at an occupation of Gaza by a nation (possibly Israel) with some fabulous beach front property. Heck, I always hoped to visit Cuba, now Gaza is on my bucket list Wink.

Posts: 3560 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Engineers build weapons
Architects build targets

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38061 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
On the note of “triumph” I’m curious if Israel would leverage the UN or EU to provide ships for an evacuation of Gaza. “We have to continue to the sea and wipe out Hamas politically, to do so humanely requires a civilian evacuation beyond our resourcing to complete. We call on the world to help evacuate innocents before the ground campaign begins.” Might be effective.

Have a hard time buying into the "evac the innocent" plan, do we really want to help spread the Hamas contingent that will be inbedded into that crowd as a means to deliver those people who are committed to the cause worldwide, anymore so than we do now.

Look at the Palestine protests in the USA, we have so many blocks of these folks, excited and celebrating the deaths of women and children, it's what they grew up with and accept.

Look at the problems with the middle east "refugees" that have created settlements in Paris, London, Minneapolis and other cities around the world.

Moving them and imbedding them into civil societies that have long moved past the lives they've lived under ancient terrorist rule isn't a good idea...

Even Egypt knows it's not a smart move, it's why they closed their borders. None of the Arab states wants these people crossing their borders.

I didn’t say it was a good plan!

Right now someone is devising a tactical operation for a full ground invasion of Gaza to destroy Hamas political and war fighting capability; that is the publicly stated objective. A massive obstacle to success is the dense civilian population. I do not think their gameplan is killing their way through civilians (aside from moral objections, such acts would risk necessary sustained US logistical support). The idea of firebombing Gaza like Dresden is simply not going to happen. However, precision airstrike alone is insufficient.

I guess I’m trying to isolate and analyze the tactical problem and assuming there are imposed political constraints regarding acceptable collateral. And tactically, this is a nightmare. I know there are people who say “who cares kill them all” and I get the emotion but its not tenable and that’s an unserious position.

Posts: 2419 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I found the statements asking for Muslim blood and souls to be sacrificed for Palestine notable. It sounds a lot like he's asking for suicide attacks or attacks where the perpetrators have no intent to survive. That is a different mentality. We've seen leaders call for worldwide jihad before on a given date and nothing happened.

I haven't seen everything, but what I've seen leads me to believe that Hamas and Hezbollah felt that their sudden attack on Israel would inspire the neighboring countries and their military would pour across the boarder and push Israel into the sea. That of course did not happen and as always since the 60's, they sat back and watched.

This quote from Obadiah 15 pretty much sums it up for me…you will receive what you support…you started this shit, so reap what you sowed against innocent people…I have zero sympathy from what ever happens! Mad Mad Mad

“For the day of the Lord is near upon all the heathen. As thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10591 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

This quote from Obadiah 15 pretty much sums it up for me…you will receive what you support…you started this shit, so reap what you sowed against innocent people…I have zero sympathy from what ever happens! Mad Mad Mad

“For the day of the Lord is near upon all the heathen. As thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

this a quote from what is often referenced to as a “Minor Prophet” but I don’t believe that there is such a thing in scripture Eek

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10591 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
I didn’t say it was a good plan!

Right now someone is devising a tactical operation for a full ground invasion of Gaza to destroy Hamas political and war fighting capability; that is the publicly stated objective. A massive obstacle to success is the dense civilian population. I do not think their gameplan is killing their way through civilians (aside from moral objections, such acts would risk necessary sustained US logistical support). The idea of firebombing Gaza like Dresden is simply not going to happen. However, precision airstrike alone is insufficient.

I guess I’m trying to isolate and analyze the tactical problem and assuming there are imposed political constraints regarding acceptable collateral. And tactically, this is a nightmare. I know there are people who say “who cares kill them all” and I get the emotion but its not tenable and that’s an unserious position.

I'm not one of the KTA supporters, and wasn't picking on the plan per se but the idea that removing the populace from Gaza is in anyway a good idea for the countries that would have to accept a people who've known nothing but war, hardship, fighting, killing, hate.

How do you tell if you're letting a family in that will assimilate, go to work, and develop relationships within the country, say, Detroit for example with it's heavy Palestinian populace vs the ones that will say they will, but then work underground to supply intel, create havoc, cause problems create cells of terrorists in your back yard.

Egypt is saying this, they can't open the flood gates, they don't want the terrorists, Hamas members, nor do they want additional mouths to feed, clothe and house.

Pretty sure all the posturing here, and around the world for the push to the sea is simple anger at the egregious acts by the Hamas terrorists who carried out the acts and the leaders/funding behind it.

For now Israel can lay siege to Gaza, the water, power, food, medical are all cut off, they don't have to fire a bullet, just keep taking out known Hamas locations. The people know it's coming, Hamas knows it's coming, and likely Hamas is stocking up these places with women, children and the infirm so they will have images for social media of the "mean Israelis", which is part of the plan, turn the hate from Palestine to Israel as the press turns on them with articles about killing kids, women and other non combatants in Gaza...

Link - The toll on Children caught in the Israel-Gaza Conflict

Link Humanatarian Crisis in Gaza from Israel Blockade

Not sure there is a good solution, which is part of why this act was perpetrated, everyone knows Hamas is a barbaric terrorist evil organization of zealots and crusaders, the actions they took are not surprising, disgusting yes, surprising no. So nothing they do will change public opinion of Hamas. Palestinians dancing in the streets around the world rejoicing in the acts are not helping the cause either, thankfully we have Twitter/X letting the unfiltered acts through for all to see.

Posts: 23783 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Israel didn't call up over 300,000 reserves just so they can do air strikes. I believe the hunter will hunt the hunted.

Posts: 17948 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post