SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108292 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
What is the answer here?
Occupation. Own the shit hole and smoke out every bad guy. Occupy it for as long as it takes. Civilize those who choose to live a humane life style and destroy all others.

Israel owns those shit holes, they've been magnanimous over the decades in carving out these enclaves and letting them live and govern as they please. Gaza residents voted-out Fatah and put their lot in with Hamas...these Islamists assholes are a making of their own hand. West Bank has their own issues but, doesn't compare to the squalor and bad governance that Hamas has done to Gaza. Of all of Mediterranean water front property, Gaza is arguably the most mis-managed and destitute as Hamas has squandered all the donations and funding they receive into arms and the ideology genocide of Israel.

Posts: 14841 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Here is reality:
Hamas you really think you're going to win against THE true God?

Psalm 46:6,7,9
The nations roar, the kingdoms shake;
He gives His voice, the earth melts. The nations made an uproar, the kingdoms tottered;
He raised His voice, the earth melted.
Yahweh of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our stronghold. _____Selah.
He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts up the spear;
He burns the chariots with fire.

Bring it Lord.

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1332 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Every time they murder a hostage, one random square mile of gaza gets flattened, civilians and all. DOn't stop until every hostage is returned. Repeat until they comply.

Then flatten a square mile for each victim regardless as reparations.

Then erase that ugly wart off the temple mount.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34242 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:

Gaza strip?

What Gaza strip?

It's the new Mediterranean resort development recently cleared out, named Al Hamas bin Phukt.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4926 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Dr. Peterson has proven to be one of the great voices of reason over the past few years, and you can see that even he isn't havin' any of it.

Whether or not it's gaslighting or fear setting in after they realized that they've put on full display to the world their utter savagery, or any other reason, it matters not. Hamas should prepare itself for the lesson of lessons.

God bless Jordan Peterson.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16864 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/nati...-dead-bodies-online/

Hamas Terrorists Steal Victims’ Phones to Torment Families, Post Dead Bodies Online

If you read the article, it is a sad one

Israel should demand that Gaza return all of the hostages, and hand over all of those who attacked Israel either with gunfire or rocket launches.

Until that happens, gradually destroy Gaza. Flatten it.

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
NYC network news seems gleeful in informing the terrorists that they are overwhelming the Iron Dome missile defense system. No word from NY Senator Chuck Schumer.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8478 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's remarkable but shouldn't be, seeing the various entertainment and 'influencer' voices attempting to find moral equivalence to what Hamas & friends did, with how IDF operations in the past have gone. Various Jewish celebs have posted their 'We Stand With Israel' statement posts, then the comment section gets dog-piled with anti-semetic or, moralizing posts

This message has been edited. Last edited by: corsair,

Posts: 14841 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
A few hours ago at the Israeli embassy in London:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g-qaOJjqJw

Sydney:
https://twitter.com/EndWokenes.../1711503577259049061

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3614 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Israel has a serious problem with the Hamas, Hezbollah and associated groups who have perpetrated this and many other attacks.

As I see it, hey are in a situation not unlike the U.S. found itself in Vietnam with the NVA and Vietcong. We all know from history that the Vietcong were everywhere. Most villages were infiltrated and even women doing the laundry at U.S. bases maybe the ones found dead on the wire the next morning after an attack. Hamas and these other groups have done the same thing.

One big difference is that, except for pacification purposes, the VC typically was attacking military installations. Hamas & Hezbollah attack civilian targets and pray on innocents.

Many might say "Kill them all...." Well, fine that is a great sounding thing but now you are talking genocide. Something that Jewish people are a bit sensitive to, and rightly so. I'm sure in the middle east there are Muslims who really don't care, just want to be left alone, live their lives, tend their herds and crops and try and enjoy life... just like many civilians were in Vietnam.

How do you tell the difference? How do you prevent an incident like the My Lai massacre? Want to assure you lose all support from the world, pull one of those.

Is the world outraged at Hamas for what they're doing. Of course, but it's a group not a country. Same issue, as with the VC. As soon as they are targeted for an attack or even scrutiny they fade away.

Make no mistake. Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and Iraq learned the hard way that direct military action against Israel will fail. They developed the Palestinians into their own VC to do the dirty work for them, potentially weaken Israel enough for them to swoop in and finish the job. That is all wrapped in the neat little Islamic zealot package. Slaughter in the name of Allah and if you're killed you get your 72 virgins in paradise. That is a tougher ideology than just people committed to communism.

In my opinion the larger issue lies in one of the unique attitudes with the Islamic zealots. They can murder 500 innocent women and children and its ALLU ACKBAR!!!! but you injure one of their people in a counter attack and a huge number of them are suddenly YOU ATTACKED US!!! I KILL YOU!!!!!! I KILL YOU!!!. Why is that an issue? Even if you are very successful in killing a large number of them, even high ranking ones, those who remain will be even more dedicated to the cause, and likely a lot of moderates get swayed into it simply because an infidel killed a Muslim. They will fade into the caves for months, years, even decades and come out all frothing at the mouth ready to fight.

So.... with that all said. How on earth do you deal with this type of attack? How do you deal with not knowing who is a combatant and who isn't? How do you avoid a My Lai, even when they are doing it to you? How do you shut this down when every effort so far, seems to fuel the fire?

What is the answer here?

This is a good post.

While I don't know what the solution is, IMO Israel needs to take a long hard look at their internal situation and make some adjustments. The reality is that they're always living on the brink of war, and they can't stand easy, not even for a second.

How Hamas managed to execute a low-tech incursion of this magnatiude without some kind of forewarning from the Israeli intelligence service and border security is mind-boggling.

The fact that a mini-Burning Man type festival full of intoxicated 20-somethings was going on in the desert within easy striking distance of the Hamas border is also ridiculous in itself. The people over there want to kill you, and you just gave them thousands of easy targets.

Also, that a nation that requires compulsory military service and training does not allow it's citizens to own weapons without an onerous application process is beyond stupid. Your entire population is a trained fighting force, but then something like this happens and thousands are helplessly victimized because you denied them the means to defend themselves and their country. What's the sense in that?

This isn't the first time in Isarel's history that they've had to consider this:

quote:

Nehemiah 4:

When Sanballat heard that we were rebuilding the wall, he became angry and was greatly incensed. He ridiculed the Jews, 2 and in the presence of his associates and the army of Samaria, he said, “What are those feeble Jews doing? Will they restore their wall? Will they offer sacrifices? Will they finish in a day? Can they bring the stones back to life from those heaps of rubble—burned as they are?”

3 Tobiah the Ammonite, who was at his side, said, “What they are building—even a fox climbing up on it would break down their wall of stones!”

4 Hear us, our God, for we are despised. Turn their insults back on their own heads. Give them over as plunder in a land of captivity. 5 Do not cover up their guilt or blot out their sins from your sight, for they have thrown insults in the face of[b] the builders.

6 So we rebuilt the wall till all of it reached half its height, for the people worked with all their heart.

7 But when Sanballat, Tobiah, the Arabs, the Ammonites and the people of Ashdod heard that the repairs to Jerusalem’s walls had gone ahead and that the gaps were being closed, they were very angry. 8 They all plotted together to come and fight against Jerusalem and stir up trouble against it. 9 But we prayed to our God and posted a guard day and night to meet this threat.

10 Meanwhile, the people in Judah said, “The strength of the laborers is giving out, and there is so much rubble that we cannot rebuild the wall.”

11 Also our enemies said, “Before they know it or see us, we will be right there among them and will kill them and put an end to the work.”

12 Then the Jews who lived near them came and told us ten times over, “Wherever you turn, they will attack us.”

13 Therefore I stationed some of the people behind the lowest points of the wall at the exposed places, posting them by families, with their swords, spears and bows. 14 After I looked things over, I stood up and said to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people, “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your families, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.”

15 When our enemies heard that we were aware of their plot and that God had frustrated it, we all returned to the wall, each to our own work.

16 From that day on, half of my men did the work, while the other half were equipped with spears, shields, bows and armor. The officers posted themselves behind all the people of Judah 17 who were building the wall. Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other, 18 and each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked. But the man who sounded the trumpet stayed with me.

19 Then I said to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people, “The work is extensive and spread out, and we are widely separated from each other along the wall. 20 Wherever you hear the sound of the trumpet, join us there. Our God will fight for us!”

21 So we continued the work with half the men holding spears, from the first light of dawn till the stars came out. 22 At that time I also said to the people, “Have every man and his helper stay inside Jerusalem at night, so they can serve us as guards by night and as workers by day.” 23 Neither I nor my brothers nor my men nor the guards with me took off our clothes; each had his weapon, even when he went for water.[c]

I hope they kick some butt and clean house in Gaza, but I also hope they make some adjustments to guard against the conditions that allowed it to happen in the first place.

Posts: 8903 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Almost two years ago:

https://news.yahoo.com/synagog...alert-184303331.html

I'm guessing we're ramping up our local USA security efforts now, October 2023.

Your "small towns" and bigger communities too?

Please read this, it was a link from an earlier post or a link from a link from an earlier post:

https://www.tabletmag.com/sect...t-happened-in-israel

Posts: 16003 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^

The attack in your yahoo link happened less than 5 miles from my house.

The pink elephant in the room "is another Islamic attack planned for the U.S.? Are there sleeper cells still operating in the U.S.?"

So many have crossed over an open border in the last three years, and not all of them were Mexicans and South Americans.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16864 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Quite a post OddBall. Scary thought thinking this administration is so utterly fucked up that Blinken is handling the big stuffFrown

Posts: 7594 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deputy Commander of IDF’s 300th Brigade, Lieutenant Colonel Alim Abdallah, killed during a confrontation with terrorists who infiltrated from Lebanon.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/378206

The Deputy Commander of the IDF’s 300th Brigade, Lieutenant Colonel Alim Abdallah, was killed on Monday during a confrontation with terrorists who infiltrated from Lebanon into Israeli territory, it has been cleared for publication.

Abdallah, 40, was from the Druze village of Yanuh-Jat in northern Israel, located northeast of Acre.

His family has been notified.

“The IDF sends its heartfelt condolences to his family and will continue to support them,” the IDF Spokesperson’s Unit said.

Multiple suspects crossed into northern Israel from Lebanon on Monday afternoon.

Security forces and a helicopter were dispatched to search for the infiltrators. The squad was located and engaged by security forces and eliminated after a firefight.

The IDF attacked Hezbollah observation posts in southern Lebanon in retaliation for the infiltration.

Posts: 12864 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Sure haven't seen IDF soldiers dragging around women bleeding profusely from between their legs ...
Stow that shit.

Gentlemen, control yourselves. I don't want to have to say it again.

Posts: 108292 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is a good post.

While I don't know what the solution is, IMO Israel needs to take a long hard look at their internal situation and make some adjustments. The reality is that they're always living on the brink of war, and they can't stand easy, not even for a second.

How Hamas managed to execute a low-tech incursion of this magnatiude without some kind of forewarning from the Israeli intelligence service and border security is mind-boggling.

The fact that a mini-Burning Man type festival full of intoxicated 20-somethings was going on in the desert within easy striking distance of the Hamas border is also ridiculous in itself. The people over there want to kill you, and you just gave them thousands of easy targets.

Also, that a nation that requires compulsory military service and training does not allow it's citizens to own weapons without an onerous application process is beyond stupid. Your entire population is a trained fighting force, but then something like this happens and thousands are helplessly victimized because you denied them the means to defend themselves and their country. What's the sense in that?

This isn't the first time in Isarel's history that they've had to consider this:

You have to understand first the Israeli people are a peaceful and welcoming people. Look at the number of Arabs living in Israel and allowed to be a part of the The Knesset. Imagine if almost 10% of our Congress was people hellbent on US destruction. Israel has tried to live in peace, whenever they have to defend their people the world comes down on them and calls them oppressors. They have tried appeasement to garner international support. It's the only country in the world where Jews are even allowed to live in somewhat peace with Muslims, and if they dare defend themselves they are called every name in the book.

They walk a tightrope just to exist and try to live in peace with their neighbors. They've even become accustomed to having a small portion of their citizenry killed every single year by the people they provide food, water, electricity, and infrastructure to.

Any move they make to protect their citizens they face retribution from the Arab world and UN. They have the ability to wipe them all from the face of the planet but face challenges just for standing up for themselves. After 9/11 no one called on us to temper our reaction, they joined us in battle.

You must understand both the tightrope they walk and their desires for peace. They have about the worst hand any people could possibly be dealt.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20942 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
These videos Hamas is putting up on social is going to be the difference in many ways. They can't hide, spin, or whitewash this. They're animals. I see a lot of bare faces in these videos. Each one needs to be identified and the Mossad needs to make sure none of them die a natural death.

Posts: 7597 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Every time they murder a hostage, one random square mile of gaza gets flattened, civilians and all. DOn't stop until every hostage is returned. Repeat until they comply.

Then flatten a square mile for each victim regardless as reparations.

Then erase that ugly wart off the temple mount.

Make sure those square miles are around the "Hamas Leaders" houses.

Watch how fast the Snackbar closes.

Funny how the "leaders" are never the suicide bombers.

Posts: 1058 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post