SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Before the flaming starts this article is from a Jewish magazine.

Gaza, My Lost Home

There are no sides in this war. There is only mourning.

BY YASMINE MOHAMMED

https://www.tabletmag.com/sect...es/gaza-my-lost-home

My father lived his whole life with the hope that there might be a peaceful two-state solution. He spent his last years making YouTube videos on the topic and telling anyone who would listen about his family’s olive groves in Gaza. I am actually kind of relieved that he left this earth before he had to watch Hamas slaughter his dream on video, for all the world to see. Hamas has ensured that there will be no more Palestine, and no more hope for an independent state.

People send flippant messages to me asking “are you pro-Israel or pro-Palestine,” as if we are all watching a football match. Are you wearing a blue jersey or red? I am wearing neither. I am in black. I am in mourning for the lost Israeli and Palestinian lives. I am in mourning for the Palestine that could have been. With a gorgeous waterfront overlooking the Mediterranean Sea that was recently made safe to swim in, with fertile soil that once sustained ancient olive groves. With land rich with resources for success.

It also had the funding. Generous governments, corporations, nonprofits, and individuals have been flooding the area with billions of dollars for decades. But instead of focusing on a potential tourist industry or building hospitals and schools and helping the Gazan people thrive on the land, the area was overrun by terrorists.

The world knows Hamas now as terrorists who have committed depraved atrocities that would even make ISIS blush. But the people of Gaza already knew them. They have been suffering in relative silence under these monsters for years. Anytime a Gazan dares to raise their voice in criticism, their throat is slit immediately, making it brutally obvious that it’s best to keep quiet. Even those who hated Hamas chanted their allegiance to them loudly, in fear of their lives and their family’s lives.

Fellow Islamic regimes like Iran and Afghanistan are reveling in the rivers of Israeli blood. They do not see Jewish people as humans. They see them as things that need to be eradicated, as per the Hadith by their Prophet Muhammad which instructs them that Muslims must kill Jews until not one Jew is standing. Even the rocks and the trees will work with the Muslims against Jews, Muhammad teaches, calling out, “Oh Muslim, there is a Jew hiding behind me! Come kill him!”

Even in Egypt, a supposedly more progressive Muslim majority country, a police officer took it upon himself to murder two Israeli tourists who were visiting ancient ruins in Alexandria. He killed their guide too, who was probably trying to protect them. The tourist industry has been relatively nonexistent in Egypt due first to the revolution and then the pandemic. Now the country is suffering greatly under soaring inflation that is threatening lives daily. And yet, killing Jews was more important.

I never shared my father’s optimism. I never could imagine the two states living side by side. The past 75 years have been delaying the inevitable. These two Abrahamic faiths hate each other, and the only way there could have ever been hope is if both groups progressed beyond their ancient books. But both sides did the opposite. Israel has been pulled further and further into the Orthodox right wing and Gaza has become more and more extremist, electing terrorists who follow a literal interpretation of the ancient scriptures. There could have been hope 70 years ago, when Israel was being founded by secular hippies and terrorists had not yet overrun Gaza, but the writing has been on the wall for a long time now, and the mercury has been rising for decades.

Almost all of my father’s family is scattered across the globe, like most Palestinians. There are second and third generations being born in the diaspora with no connection to the land anymore. This is not new for the Middle East: Jewish people with roots in every country from Algeria to Yemen have been all but eradicated from their homelands; Egypt has very few people remaining from the hundreds of thousands who once thrived there. Hopefully a few Gazans will remain in Gaza. Maybe someday they’ll be able to live on their homeland without fear.

I have never been to Gaza, and my children have never been to Gaza. Maybe my grandchildren might go one day and read a plaque on some ancient monument that describes how this used to be the land of a people who called themselves Palestinians. They had a rich culture. Delicious food. Beautiful, bright clothing. Now they do not have a homeland anymore because they chose violence over peace. Despite the abundance of olive branches in Gaza, they chose to extend a knife instead.

She is also the author of: Unveiled: How Western Liberals Empowered Radical Islam.

Posts: 12864 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
The people know it's coming, Hamas knows it's coming, and likely Hamas is stocking up these places with women, children and the infirm so they will have images for social media of the "mean Israelis", which is part of the plan, turn the hate from Palestine to Israel as the press turns on them with articles about killing kids, women and other non combatants in Gaza...

Link - The toll on Children caught in the Israel-Gaza Conflict

Link Humanitarian Crisis in Gaza from Israel Blockade

Not sure there is a good solution, which is part of why this act was perpetrated, everyone knows Hamas is a barbaric terrorist evil organization of zealots and crusaders, the actions they took are not surprising, disgusting yes, surprising no. So nothing they do will change public opinion of Hamas. Palestinians dancing in the streets around the world rejoicing in the acts are not helping the cause either, thankfully we have Twitter/X letting the unfiltered acts through for all to see.
Yes, it's apparent to all thinking people that Hamas and other Muslim terrorist organization use women and children as human shields, which is unspeakably vile, and they milk the propaganda of the suffering of "their people" for all it is worth.

But...

Imagine yourself in a room, trying to calm and comfort some of these kids. Imagine the intense fear they are experiencing. Forget for a moment that it is their own people who are unquestionably responsible for this. Just imagine trying to comfort them. There would be no element of propaganda in it. Not reading it on the internet, not joining in the rage with your peer group in a coffee shop discussion but rather, right there, face to face with children who have never harmed anyone. Your heart would break. Such a thing would pierce the soul of any decent person, no matter what their political stance.

As I said, it's an impossible situation, brought about by psychopathic savages who need to be removed from the Earth, but they hide behind women and children. I don't have an answer, but I know what is going to be done, and in it, the innocent will die.

Posts: 108291 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
On the note of “triumph” I’m curious if Israel would leverage the UN or EU to provide ships for an evacuation of Gaza. “We have to continue to the sea and wipe out Hamas politically, to do so humanely requires a civilian evacuation beyond our resourcing to complete. We call on the world to help evacuate innocents before the ground campaign begins.” Might be effective.

Have a hard time buying into the "evac the innocent" plan, do we really want to help spread the Hamas contingent that will be inbedded into that crowd as a means to deliver those people who are committed to the cause worldwide, anymore so than we do now.

Look at the Palestine protests in the USA, we have so many blocks of these folks, excited and celebrating the deaths of women and children, it's what they grew up with and accept.

Look at the problems with the middle east "refugees" that have created settlements in Paris, London, Minneapolis and other cities around the world.

Moving them and imbedding them into civil societies that have long moved past the lives they've lived under ancient terrorist rule isn't a good idea...

Even Egypt knows it's not a smart move, it's why they closed their borders. None of the Arab states wants these people crossing their borders.

Sounds about right. You gotta be pretty stupid to import terrorists into your own neighborhood. Either way whoever is left over will be pretty pissed, and in that sense there will not be any innocents left, not that there are many to begin with, since most residents of Gaza support Hamas. So if you support Hamas, you may die with Hamas. That means most residents of Gaza hate Israelis and would prefer to kill them than to see them live, so in that sense as well I don't see the reasoning for much sympathy.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8771 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I think if Jihadists are to strike America, I suggest they start with Texas.

Once they spend a few weeks there, they can move into the midwest. They'll find the prime targets deep in the woods. I suggest they wear brown carharts over white sweatshirts to properly blend in.

Pretty nice of them to suggest the date too.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38066 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
So Bernie decides to rear his ugly head. So Bernie, you have any idea what an Israelis has to live through in his/her daily life? They have been at it for a long time.

quote:
Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., criticized Israel on Wednesday for cutting off electricity, fuel, food and water to residents in the Gaza Strip, calling it a "serious violation of international law."

"The targeting of civilians is a war crime, no matter who does it. Israel’s blanket denial of food, water, and other necessities to Gaza is a serious violation of international law and will do nothing but harm innocent civilians," said Sanders.

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant on Monday ordered a "complete siege" on Gaza following the killing and kidnapping of civilians in southern Israel by Hamas terrorist fighters on Saturday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ber...on-international-law

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16864 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Sanders has sold out his own people. At least he is consistent.

Also hasn't been relevant in a decade.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38066 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
You gotta be pretty stupid to import terrorists into your own neighborhood.

Joe Biden???

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17508 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leaders of Iran and Saudi Arabia hold first-ever phone call, pledging united support for Palestinians

https://www.washingtonexaminer...ed-opposition-israel

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi talked on the phone for the first time ever, pledging united support for the Palestinian cause.

The conversation lasted for roughly 45 minutes, according to SAMAA, and it focused on the war in Gaza. Iranian state media reported that the two affirmed the "need to end war crimes against Palestine," according to Reuters. The Saudi Press Agency reported that Salman affirmed his support for the Palestinian cause and urged against the targeting of civilians.

"He also stressed - may God protect him - the Kingdom’s firm position towards supporting the Palestinian cause and supporting efforts aimed at achieving a comprehensive and just peace that guarantees the Palestinian people’s access to their legitimate rights," the Saudi Press Agency said in a statement.

The two sides also committed to supporting military de-escalation. Sentiment about the need to end the targeting of civilians appeared to be focused against Israel, while the two stressed the joint support for the Palestinians.

The nature of the call, and the fact that it even took place, shows a substantial change in Saudi-Iranian relations following a Chinese-brokered peace agreement between the two earlier this year. The rivalry between the Sunni and Shiite powers has laid waste to much of the region, playing a substantial role in conflicts from Syria to Yemen.
Iran has maintained a decidedly bellicose relationship with Israel, even as Saudi Arabia appeared to warm toward the Jewish state. Hamas's surprise attack against Israel on Saturday, and the ensuing Israeli retaliation, appear to have ended immediate hopes for the normalization of Israeli-Saudi relations, which seemed a distinct possibility.

Posts: 12864 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Israel’s blanket denial of food, water, and other necessities to Gaza is a serious violation of international law and will do nothing but harm innocent civilians," said Sanders.
"Will do NOTHING but harm innocent civilians?"

Sanders has his head so far up his ass that he needs a glass belly button to see where he's going.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31014 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., criticized Israel on Wednesday for cutting off electricity, fuel, food and water to residents in the Gaza Strip, calling it a "serious violation of international law."

Sorry, I got stumped right here. "serious violation of international law" ???? If that's a serious violation of international law, what do you call what the fucking terrorists did in killing innocent women, children, and babies???

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19819 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Sorry, I got stumped right here. "serious violation of international law" ???? If that's a serious violation of international law, what do you call what the fucking terrorists did in killing innocent women, children, and babies???

Saturday

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17508 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
The enemy will always hate you. There will never be enough logic or kindness to convert the zealots to be your friend. Likewise, the friends of your enemy will not be swayed by your kindness.

There are millions of Israel-hating Islamists in the middle east and around the globe. Many are right here in the USA. There are millions of friends of Hamas in dozens of countries around the world. Most of the mainstream media are in that group.

Israel will never convert these people to being pleased that Israel exists or that Jews exist, no matter how delicately Israel responds to murderous attacks. The best they can hope for is to destroy as many enemy combatants as possible and scare the rest so deeply that they will not dare contemplate aggression against Israel.

I don't think we can equate Israel's enemies with, for example, the general populations of Russia and China whose governments are enemies to the USA but whose people want to live and be happy. Israel's enemies seek martyrdom. They offer up their women and children as human shields not to save their soldiers but to deter military action and to get sympathetic global media coverage, all in furtherance of prosecuting a long term genocide.

In short, Israel is screwed whichever way they go, which argues for fighting to win now. The enemy is not going to become peaceful into the future based on surgical strikes knocking some buildings down.

Posts: 9595 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/live-n...as-attack-israel-war

Israeli Energy Minister Israel Katz wrote on X Thursday that Gaza will be starved of electricity, fuel and water unless Hamas returns the hostages they are holding inside of their territory, which includes Americans.

"Humanitarian aid to Gaza? No electrical switch will be turned on, no water hydrant will be opened and no fuel truck will enter [Gaza] until the Israeli kidnapped are returned home," he said.

“And no one will preach us about morals,” Katz added.

I would flood Gaza w flyers that say this. Turn the general Gaza population on Hamas. Assuming there is a Gaza population that is not hard core Hamas.

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would flood Gaza w flyers that say this. Turn the general Gaza population on Hamas. Assuming there is a Gaza population that is not hard core Hamas.

Remember part of the first couple day's killings by Hamas was on a bunch of suspected informants in Gaza. An example to all the residents of Gaza. Also, how in the middle of a siege with artillery and air strikes, along with no electricity, do you get the information to the Israelis without a neighbor snitching to Hamas on you? By now(around 15 years in power) Hamas has killed off most if not all of any type of opposition to them in Gaza.

Posts: 4014 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gaza will be starved of electricity, fuel and water unless Hamas returns the hostages they are holding inside of their territory, which includes Americans.

Good. It's a start.
They don't have much of an economy, so electricity not a big deal.
But I wonder what they have in the way of water reserves?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24328 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What could happen, although I seriously doubt it will, is that the "Mama Bears" reach a breaking point and decide to protect their children and themselves from the animals amongst them. There are weapons all over the area and Mama knows who the bad guys are. She is generally peaceful but if she realizes the danger her family is in she can become a force that no man can reckon with. Such an uprising internally could easily tip the scales against the bad guys in very short order. I just doubt the realization of the danger will come about or that the trigger point will be reached.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2915 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
But...

Imagine yourself in a room, trying to calm and comfort some of these kids. Imagine the intense fear they are experiencing. Forget for a moment that it is their own people who are unquestionably responsible for this. Just imagine trying to comfort them. There would be no element of propaganda in it. Not reading it on the internet, not joining in the rage with your peer group in a coffee shop discussion but rather, right there, face to face with children who have never harmed anyone. Your heart would break. Such a thing would pierce the soul of any decent person, no matter what their political stance.

As I said, it's an impossible situation, brought about by psychopathic savages who need to be removed from the Earth, but they hide behind women and children. I don't have an answer, but I know what is going to be done, and in it, the innocent will die.

Imagine being the soldier that puts the trigger or drops the bomb; imagine being the young lieutenant that has to relay the order; imagine being the general that issues the order; and imagine being the political leader that decides that this is the final straw.

Impossible situation is right. I'd hate to be forced into that corner.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20941 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Leaders of Iran and Saudi Arabia hold first-ever phone call, pledging united support for Palestinians

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi talked on the phone for the first time ever, pledging united support for the Palestinian cause.

<snip>

The nature of the call, and the fact that it even took place, shows a substantial change in Saudi-Iranian relations following a Chinese-brokered peace agreement between the two earlier this year. The rivalry between the Sunni and Shiite powers has laid waste to much of the region, playing a substantial role in conflicts from Syria to Yemen.

Iran has maintained a decidedly bellicose relationship with Israel, even as Saudi Arabia appeared to warm toward the Jewish state. Hamas's surprise attack against Israel on Saturday, and the ensuing Israeli retaliation, appear to have ended immediate hopes for the normalization of Israeli-Saudi relations, which seemed a distinct possibility.

The effort noted above in bold is a major reason Iran has supported and probably even pushed Hamas to attack as they did. The Iranians care little if any about the Palestinians but they hate Israel so they wanted something drastic that would re-drive the wedge between Saudi Arabi and Israel and possibly soothe tensions between Saudi Arabi (the big fish in the Arab world) and Iran (which is not Arabic). Considering that several Arab states have already made ties with Israel (Egypt, Jordan, and more recently through President Trump's Abraham Accords), normalizing of relations between Israel and Saudi Arabia would have encouraged other Arab states to do the same. With Israel being over a barrel in the mess that Hamas created (with Iran's monetary and probably planning assistance), any such normalization of relations has probably been set back years or even decades.

I'm praying for the survivors of the attack, for Israel's people and its military, for the hostages in Gaza, and for the innocents there who will suffer in Gaza because their leaders and the terrorists hate their perceived enemy far more than they love their own people and children.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2138 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
^^^
That seems like a very plausible reason the attack happened now..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6394 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to find out which way Dave will swing next week.

Razz https://twitter.com/RealCandac.../1712110384230916348

Posts: 108291 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post