SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 174
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109097 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Frank Burns had it right.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-780016

Eleven leaders of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) were killed in an airstrike targeting Damascus International Airport on Thursday evening, Saudi media reported the following morning.

The commander of the Revolutionary Guards in eastern Syria, Nur Rashid, was injured in the airstrike, Saudi media channel Al-Hadath reported.

IRGC commanders were reportedly at the airport to meet with high-ranking delegates.

IRGC spokesman Sardar Ramzan Sharif denied on Friday reports that 11 of its leaders were killed in an airstrike in Damascus International Airport the night before, Iranian media quoted them as saying, as he said that such claims are "baseless."

Syrian media also claimed on Thursday evening that Israel had targeted sites in southern Syria and near Damascus with airstrikes in two separate waves. Syrian air defenses were activated in the Damascus area during the strikes. The country's media quoted one Syrian military source as saying that the alleged airstrike carried out by Israel came from the "occupied Syrian Golan Heights."

Earlier this week, Iran vowed that Israel would "pay" for the killing of Sayyed Reza Mousavi, another IRGC commander who was killed by an alleged Israeli airstrike last Monday in the vicinity of Damascus.

Shortly after the strike that killed Mousavi occurred, footage on social media showed smoke near the Damascus airport, as Iranian proxies have often used the location.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's the end of the year Blowed Up Blowout Bonanza!! We're clearing out the 2023 model terrorists to make room for the 2024 models! Don't miss out on your chance to save big!!

https://twitter.com/MOSSADil/s.../1741005139463258281

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Those “nothing but chunks” vids are heartwarming.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15814 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's the end of the year Blowed Up Blowout Bonanza!! We're clearing out the 2023 model terrorists to make room for the 2024 models! Don't miss out on your chance to save big!!

https://twitter.com/MOSSADil/s.../1741005139463258281
Oh DRAT!!!! One got away in the first one. Bet they can't hear anymore, though! Such a shame..... Smile

Ohhhhhhhh...
There'll be body parts a fallin' when we bomb (when we bomb)
There'll be body parts a fallin'

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Ohhhhhhhh...

What tune should that be sung to? Does it have a good beat? Can we dance to it?

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17565 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
"She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: downtownv,

Posts: 8698 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
If you're happy and you know it... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
No, They are Americans first. Regardless of their religion. One of the rare times I disagree with you, SM
I would not agree (exactly) with what either of you said.

Whether an individual hostage is a Jew first or an American first is up to them. Each of them might answer the question differently, and the same individual might answer the question differently at different times.

As far as an American President, I would expect that their first duty as an American President would be to protect American citizens and American interests (maybe not in that order, but that’s over my pay grade). As a moral human being, I’d expect they might feel some duty to aid all hostages, not just hostages who happen to be American citizens.

As I don’t see Mr. Biden as a moral human being, or much of a President, I don’t expect much of him. Sigh.

I suspect that if the man I voted for were President, this mess never would have happened, and if it did happen, he would have handled it several thousand percent better. Sigh, as Stampy Feet said, elections have consequences. I’d add that applies to stolen elections too.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I don't watch the news, I haven't since maybe 2018. However, my parents are news junkies and since (1) TV is almost always tuned to news it's hard not to be exposed.

One thing I did notice is how the media has no problem showing images of dead Palestinian civilians and injured children, yet refused to show any images of Jewish victims of the massacre due to the images being 'too graphic'.

No wonder the easily swayed are so worked up.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38221 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Nothing warms the heart like seeing a terrorist being rapidly disassembled.

Posts: 53809 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, this is a quick way for these pro-Palestinian assholes to gets the feds involved. When you try to disrupt commercial air traffic, you're begging for trouble.

https://twitter.com/sentdefend.../1741963746266784049

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Just winnin' hearts and minds all over the place, aren't they?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harvard president Claudine Gay is hit with SIX NEW plagiarism claims- bringing the total number of accusations to nearly FIFTY

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...ism-accusations.html

Posts: 13100 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
The time has come to expand the investigation of cheating to this bitch’s academic supporters at Harvard; for supposed learned educators to keep quiet on Gay’s CLEAR plagiarism smacks of at minimum ethics violations. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to find many of them guilty of the same criminal activity.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15814 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
What’s that expression - birds of a feather…

But more importantly it looks like Bebe is going to double down. If I read the article correctly he is now concentrating a lot of resources on one area to get the job done.

Posts: 53809 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://nypost.com/2024/01/01/...ar-enters-new-phase/

Thousands of Israeli soldiers are being shifted out of the Gaza Strip, the military said Monday, in the first significant drawdown of troops since the war began as forces continued to bear down on the main city in the southern half of the enclave.

The troop movement could signal that fighting is being scaled back in some areas of Gaza, particularly in the northern half where the military has said it is close to assuming operational control.

Israel has been under pressure from its chief ally, the United States, to begin to switch to lower-intensity fighting.

Word of the drawdown came ahead of a visit by Secretary of State Antony Blinken to the region and after the Biden administration bypassed Congress for the second time this month to approve an emergency weapons sale to Israel.

But fierce fighting continued in other areas of Gaza, especially the southern city Khan Younis and central areas of the territory.

Israel has pledged to charge ahead until its war aims have been achieved, including dismantling Hamas, which has ruled Gaza for 16 years.

The military said in a statement Monday that five brigades, or several thousand troops, were being taken out of Gaza in the coming weeks for training and rest.

Israel has said the war will last for months. It has argued that it needs time to clear Gaza of militants’ weapons and infrastructure and to prevent Hamas from being able to stage more attacks. Israel has resisted international calls for a long-term cease-fire, saying doing so would amount to a victory for Hamas.

Israelis still largely support the wars aims, even as the cost in soldiers’ lives is mounting.

Over the weekend, the military said that of the soldiers killed since the ground operation began — as of Monday, 172 in total — 18 were killed by friendly fire while another 11 died by weapons or equipment malfunctions or accidents.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
2 down…1 to go!

I predicted she would be gone by New Year’s Eve, I was only off by a few days.

https://x.com/bennyjohnson/sta...245997344907638?s=46

Posts: 34589 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
2 down…1 to go!

Yet one more example of, “If your misogynistic barbarian buds hadn’t started none, there wouldn’t have been none, and you’d still be where you had no good reason to be in the first place. Maybe drop them a line expressing your gratitude for not having to be in the public spotlight so much in the future—?”

I try not to believe in karma, but I am susceptible to a bit of schadenfreude now and then.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47701 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post