SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trudeau Government Cuts off Arms Sales to Israel

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...rms-sales-to-israel/

The Canadian government of Liberal Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Tuesday that it is ending arms sales — such as they are — to Israel, bowing to pressure from left-wing radicals as Israel fights against genocidal Palestinian terrorists.

According to Al Jazeera, Canada’s arms exports to Israel are minuscule, amounting to less than $90 million over the past nine years. “The vast majority of Canada’s military exports to Israel come in the form of parts and components.”

Israel’s foreign minister, Israel Katz, reacted angrily, according to the Times of Israel:

“I am sorry that the government of Canada is taking this step that undermines Israel’s right to self-defense in the face of Hamas murderers who carried out terrible crimes against humanity and against innocent Israelis, including the elderly, women and children,” he says in a statement.

“History will judge the current acts of Canada harshly,” he says.

Trudeau has adopted a posture toward Israel in the war against Hamas that has been inconsistent at best. Canada sided with Israel after opening arguments at the International Court of Justice at The Hague in a case brought by South Africa accusing Israel of “genocide.” But Canada also restored funding to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) after staff at the organization were accused of participating in the October 7 terror attacks against Israel.

Earlier this week, the Canadian parliament adopted a resolution calling for a two-state solution to the conflict, after left-wing politicians wanted an even stronger resolution, calling for the recognition of a Palestinian state.

Posts: 12863 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JRqW6J4zbTo?si=8GYKjTHvq5qFD_bD" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

i don't often disagree with DP

Posts: 2924 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ohhhhhhhhh! Big Grin

It's been a while, but this is a good one. Little pieces parts scattered about.

Spectacular!

https://twitter.com/Tim1105285.../1770948220127977521

Posts: 108285 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Well...you can run but you're just gonna die tired.

Posts: 6452 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Blowed up Twitter post is gone???? Darn! Glad I watched it last night! It relaxed me and I fell faaaaast asleep! Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^ it’s still there, just watched it. Of course everyone in the comments is “but they didn’t have any guns in their hands”. I guess they can’t think that the subjects had just left from a shooting or other terrorist behavior and the video released shows them walking along like they didn’t do anything. Following them until the IDF can strike back.

I wonder what kind of munition was used

Edited to add.
In the vid you can see a secondary explosion. So maybe one of them had an ied or s vest and it detonated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11379 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"Why didn't they just blow them up in the leg!!!?"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44115 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The U.S. tried to impose an immediate ceasefire and was blocked by Russia and China.

Russia and China veto US-backed UN resolution on Gaza ceasefire

https://www.washingtonexaminer...tion-gaza-ceasefire/

Russia and China vetoed a U.S.-backed United Nations Security Council resolution that called for an “immediate and sustained ceasefire” in Gaza on Friday.

Eleven countries voted in favor of the resolution on Friday morning, while those two, along with Algeria, voted against it, and there was one abstention. This was the fourth attempt by the Security Council to pass a resolution calling for a ceasefire, and the United States didn’t support any of the first three, none of which passed.

This iteration of the resolution included calls for a hostage deal and condemnation of Hamas, which carried out the Oct. 7 terrorist attack in southern Israel that prompted the current war, instead of one that called for an unconditional ceasefire.

Following the failed vote, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Linda Thomas-Greenfield criticized China and Russia’s votes as being made out of disdain for the U.S.

More at link

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The video is still there. Either the publisher of the video disabled external linking to it, or Twitter I SAID TWITTER did so, but if you click the link and then scroll up, you'll see the not-terrorists-because-they-aren't-carrying-guns Roll Eyes getting blown to shit.

Posts: 108285 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UN Security Council for first time passes resolution calling for ‘immediate’ Gaza ceasefire

https://www.france24.com/en/mi...ceasefire-resolution

The UN Security Council on Monday demanded an immediate ceasefire in Gaza during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, its first demand to halt fighting in the Palestinian enclave. The US abstained from voting on the resolution, which also demanded the release of all hostages taken captive during the October 7 Hamas attack but did not link that demand to the ceasefire during Ramadan.

Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Monday said he will not send a delegation to Washington after the US abstained from the UN Security Council vote. The White House expressed disappointment over the cancellation.

French President Emmanuel Macron, in a phone call with Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Sunday, repeated his opposition to any Israeli military operation against Hamas in Rafah and said the forced transfer of Rafah's population would be "a war crime".

More at link

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34158 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
We should stop helping so much. Reminds me of a team I coached once. During a blowout game we were so far ahead there was no way the other team could win with the time remaining. I tried to help a guy who hadn’t scored since he came on the team. He was not so athletic. He flubbed the shot time and again until he shouted to stop helping him. I could see I didn’t do the right thing regardless of my intentions. We should stop helping these losers.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29807 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The U.S. tried to impose an immediate ceasefire and was blocked by Russia and China.

Russia and China veto US-backed UN resolution on Gaza ceasefire

Russia and China vetoed a U.S.-backed United Nations Security Council resolution that called for an “immediate and sustained ceasefire” in Gaza on Friday.

Why is this any of their business?

Israel and Palestine need to settle this themselves.

This conflict will still be going on long after we are all gone from this earth.

Unfortunately, this has been massively politicized and I am still dumbfounded why so many especially here in the US are so concerned.
I don't think anyone wants "innocent childs-ren and wimmins" getting killified but that happens in war.
Blaming the counter-attack is so wrong as the sole party responsible.

What are they to do, let them (Hamas-crew) just keep bombing them? Frown

Posts: 23052 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I have responded to several tweets by twats claiming that this is the "worst genocide in human history."

I point out that is far, far, far from the truth, offering a suggestion to read some history before making such pronouncements.

The example I use is the destruction of Merv.

What the hell is Merv you ask?

A city in what is now Turkmenistan that defied the Mongol Tolui (Genghis Khan's son) demand for immediate surrender. Well they decided to fight, and that apparently pissed off the Mongols.

Genghis Khan ordered his troops to kill some 700,000-1,300,000 men, women, and children, assigning multiple people to kill to each soldier. I've read that once the people were dead, the Mongols killed every other living thing they could find, down to dogs and cats.

Then I observe what is happening in Gaza is no where near what the Einsatzgruppen did in Poland and the western Soviet Union.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31612 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Armenian genocide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_genocide

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
It is wrong to argue how this rates among 'other historic genocides,' since

THIS

IS

NOT

GENOCIDE

**takes calming breath**

The very premise that there is any 'palestinian genocide' today in gaza must be refuted.

The very argument is flawed and based on blatant lies abetted by some of the worst corporate/mass stupidity I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21865 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
These people know it’s not what they say it is. They are counting on the ignorance of their audience. The straw man accusation is to get the educated to engage in the wrong argument. All of it is to escape the consequences of the truth of what they’ve done. If an end to their deaths is what they really wanted, they’d return the hostages and turn all hamas terrorists in. Then they would sign an unconditional surrender. They won’t though.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29807 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Note that Biden does not demand that Hamas immediately release all US citizen's currently held in the tunnels. Release them or the US will do everything in its power to assist Israel in destroying Hamas. US will extradite any Hamas leaders and hang for war crimes against humanity them Nuremberg style as we did with the Nazi leaders. Of course Biden may not be aware there are any US citizens held captive, he's busy attending galas in NYC to raise millions in the company of Obama, Hillary and his lovely son Hunter.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1589 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Did anyone help the German Population in Dresden?
WAR, the purpose is to defeat an enemy not comfort them! Israel should be shooting down these humanitarian flights, which are prolonging the war.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8476 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post