SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 180
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
To me, Schumer is functionally no different than Caiaphas.
Scary accurate.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6373 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
In a topsy turvy world, Fetterman getting attacked by the progressive left for not following the party agenda of Pro Palestine and Open Borders... Who knew....

Link

John Fetterman 'Betrayed All of Us,' Says Democrat PAC

A pro-Democrat political action committee (PAC) has withdrawn its support for Pennsylvania Senator John Fetterman, citing his vocal backing of Israel's military campaign in Gaza.

The Context
After the October 7 attack on Israel, which left around 1,200 Israelis dead and saw more than 200 hostages kidnapped and taken back to Gaza, Fetterman emerged as one of the most enthusiastic Democratic backers of Israel's campaign against Hamas.

He maintained his position throughout a bombing campaign and ground offensive that has left 31,000 dead, according to the Hamas-run Gaza Health Ministry. The ministry doesn't differentiate between dead civilians and Hamas fighters in its figures, but claims those killed include about 10,000 children and 7,000 women.

What We Know
The No Dem Left Behind PAC wrote on X, formerly Twitter, on Wednesday: "We deeply regret supporting Senator John Fetterman he betrayed all of us."

After another X user disagreed and claimed No Dem Left Behind was being "dramatic," the group replied: "35,000 dead is dramatic?" This appears to be a reference to the 31,000 Palestinians reported to have died in Gaza since October 7.

According to its website, No Dem Left Behind was founded by Hassan Martini with the aim of "amplifying the voices of rural Democrats across the country."

Newsweek contacted Fetterman's congressional office by email outside of normal working hours on Thursday for comment.

In the immediate aftermath of the October 7 attack, Fetterman released a statement saying: "I also fully support Israel neutralizing the terrorists responsible for this barbarism."

In January, Fetterman was filmed waving an Israeli flag at pro-Palestinian demonstrators who were protesting outside his home in Braddock, near Pittsburgh. On March 12, Fetterman posted a screenshot from a Politico article about CIA Director Bill Burns claiming a ceasefire is needed "to help starving children in Gaza."

Senator Fetterman speaking to reporters before a Senate luncheon at the U.S. Capitol on December 12, 2023 in Washington, DC. The No Dem Left Behind PAC claimed Fetterman had "betrayed us all" in a post on X. Kevin Dietsch/GETTY

The senator added: "Hamas owns this starvation. They stole billions in Gaza aid and used resources to help carry out the October 7th massacre. Everyday, Hamas eats well while innocent civilians suffer. Surrendering and releasing every hostage ends starvation in Gaza."

Fetterman has also angered some progressives by calling for "a secure border" between the U.S. and Mexico.

Speaking to NBC News in December Fetterman said: "I'm not a progressive. I just think I'm a Democrat that is very committed to choice and other things. But with Israel, I'm going to be on the right side of that. And immigration is something near and dear to me, and I think we do have to effectively address it as well."

Views
Fetterman's views on the Israel-Gaza war and immigration have sparked a heated backlash from some progressives.

Posting on X, former MSNBC host Mehdi Hasan claimed the senator "will have the blood of Rafah's children on his hands" should Israel launch an offensive into the city in southern Gaza.

Adam Carlson, a self-identified Democrat and pollster, posted: "Speaking as a Jewish Democrat, it really weirds me out when non-Jewish Democrats (e.g. John Fetterman, Ritchie Torres) are militantly pro-Israel. It borders on political fetishization."

However Fetterman's position on Israel earned praise from Fox News presenter Brian Kilmeade, who said the senator gives him "hope for the country."

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
There was a reference two or three pages back about how the IDF has estimated the number of Hamas fighters killed at 12,000. Here's a good article in Tablet that the references that and shows how the numbers Biden, Schumer, and the Left are using aren't real.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sect...ack&utm_medium=email

How the Gaza Ministry of Health Fakes Casualty Numbers//
The evidence is in their own poorly fabricated figures
BY ABRAHAM WYNER
MARCH 06, 2024

The number of civilian casualties in Gaza has been at the center of international attention since the start of the war. The main source for the data has been the Hamas-controlled Gaza Health Ministry, which now claims more than 30,000 dead, the majority of which it says are children and women. Recently, the Biden administration lent legitimacy to Hamas’ figure. When asked at a House Armed Services Committee hearing last week how many Palestinian women and children have been killed since Oct. 7, Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin said the number was “over 25,000.” The Pentagon quickly clarified that the secretary “was citing an estimate from the Hamas-controlled Health Ministry.” President Biden himself had earlier cited this figure, asserting that “too many, too many of the over 27,000 Palestinians killed in this conflict have been innocent civilians and children, including thousands of children.” The White House also explained that the president “was referring to publicly available data about the total number of casualties.”

Here’s the problem with this data: The numbers are not real. That much is obvious to anyone who understands how naturally occurring numbers work. The casualties are not overwhelmingly women and children, and the majority may be Hamas fighters.

If Hamas’ numbers are faked or fraudulent in some way, there may be evidence in the numbers themselves that can demonstrate it. While there is not much data available, there is a little, and it is enough: From Oct. 26 until Nov. 10, 2023, the Gaza Health Ministry released daily casualty figures that include both a total number and a specific number of women and children.

The first place to look is the reported “total” number of deaths. The graph of total deaths by date is increasing with almost metronomical linearity, as the graph in Figure 1 reveals.

<Graph not included, see link>

The graph reveals an extremely regular increase in casualties over the period. Data aggregated by the author and provided by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), based on Gaza MoH figures.
The graph reveals an extremely regular increase in casualties over the period. Data aggregated by the author and provided by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), based on Gaza MoH figures.
This regularity is almost surely not real. One would expect quite a bit of variation day to day. In fact, the daily reported casualty count over this period averages 270 plus or minus about 15%. This is strikingly little variation. There should be days with twice the average or more and others with half or less. Perhaps what is happening is the Gaza ministry is releasing fake daily numbers that vary too little because they do not have a clear understanding of the behavior of naturally occurring numbers. Unfortunately, verified control data is not available to formally test this conclusion, but the details of the daily counts render the numbers suspicious.

<article continues with graphs a link above>

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2166 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps what is happening is the Gaza ministry is releasing fake daily numbers that vary too little because they do not have a clear understanding of the behavior of naturally occurring numbers

Or maybe they’re just fucking lying assholes.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Today, Biden officially endorsed Chuck Schumer call for Israel to get rid of Netanyahu and hold new elections to replace him. I don't think this has ever happened in the history of U.S. Israeli relations.

quote:
Meanwhile, the Senate — at Schumer’s direction — is refusing to pass billions of dollars in military aid for Israel. And there are reports that the Biden administration is “slow-walking” deliveries of ammunition already promised to Israel.

This is happening because Netanyahu — like most Israelis — rejects Biden’s plan to impose a Palestinian state after the war, which would reward Hamas for terror. Israelis also want to win the war — not to wait, and allow Hamas to survive.

Biden is furious, and wants Netanyahu out of the way. So he, and Schumer, have sent a message to Israel: if you do not replace Netanyahu, you will not be receiving more money and more weapons. You will be on your own against terror.

https://www.breitbart.com/midd...-s-israel-relations/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden Attack on Netanyahu Causes Worst Crisis in History of U.S.-Israel Relations

https://www.breitbart.com/midd...-s-israel-relations/

President Joe Biden’s endorsement Friday of a call by Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) for Israel to oust Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and hold new elections marks the worst crisis in the history of U.S.-Israel relations.

Israel is currently fighting to defeat Hamas, which murdered 1,200 people in the October 7 terror attack. It is also under attack from Hezbollah in Lebanon, and has even faced missile attacks launched by Houthi rebels in Yemen.

All of these groups are funded and armed by Iran, which views the United States as its enemy. Instead of backing Israel fully, Biden is not only criticizing Israel in increasingly strident terms, but demanding it remove its democratic leader.

Biden is also slapping sanctions on Israelis who have not been convicted of any crime; this week, he also sanctioned two geographic areas under Israeli control in the West Bank. At the same time, he gave Iran a $10 billion sanctions waiver.

Meanwhile, the Senate — at Schumer’s direction — is refusing to pass billions of dollars in military aid for Israel. And there are reports that the Biden administration is “slow-walking” deliveries of ammunition already promised to Israel.

This is happening because Netanyahu — like most Israelis — rejects Biden’s plan to impose a Palestinian state after the war, which would reward Hamas for terror. Israelis also want to win the war — not to wait, and allow Hamas to survive.

Biden is furious, and wants Netanyahu out of the way. So he, and Schumer, have sent a message to Israel: if you do not replace Netanyahu, you will not be receiving more money and more weapons. You will be on your own against terror.

If Israel complies, and elects a new leader — should one be found who accepts Biden’s policies, which are rejected by the majority of Israelis — then Israel might receive aid and ammunition, but it would definitely fall short of its war goals. It would probably not be able to complete the defeat of Hamas in Rafah, and it would almost certainly be unable to secure northern Israel against Hezbollah. Israeli shipping through the Red Sea will remain impossible. Israel will lose the war.

This is a terrible dilemma, one that has no precedent in the history of U.S-Israel relations. Barack Obama triggered a crisis in 2015 by imposing the Iran nuclear deal on Israel, which Netanyahu opposed publicly because it allowed Iran to emerge as a nuclear power after a decade, and gave Iran money with which to fund terrorism. That was bad enough. What Biden is doing is far worse, involving active political interference in Israel in the midst of an existential conflict.

The message to Israel’s enemies is clear: they are winning, despite Israel’s success against Hamas in Gaza thus war. The Biden Administration is rewarding Islamic terror, as well as the Iranian regime, apparently blind to the consequences.

Posts: 13119 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Biden, Schumer and the whole lot can suck balls.

Posts: 109162 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This could just cause the Israelis to drop the gloves and finish it the ugly way. They don't need Biden's or Schumer's permission, meddling or funding. The Biden administration has been complicit in dragging this war on much longer than Israel needed to finish it.

Unintended consequences can be a real biter.

Posts: 304 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sorenson:
This could just cause the Israelis to drop the gloves and finish it the ugly way. They don't need Biden's or Schumer's permission, meddling or funding. The Biden administration has been complicit in dragging this war on much longer than Israel needed to finish it.

Unintended consequences can be a real biter.

They could either raze entire neighborhoods or use precision munitions. If the US withholds smart bombs and defensive Iron Dome interceptors they sort of are painting Isreal in a corner.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21145 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Biden himself had earlier cited this figure, asserting that “too many, too many of the over 27,000 Palestinians killed in this conflict have been innocent civilians and children, including thousands of children.” The White House also explained that the president “was referring to publicly available data about the total number of casualties.”

Here’s the problem with this data: The numbers are not real. That much is obvious to anyone who understands how naturally occurring numbers work. The casualties are not overwhelmingly women and children, and the majority may be Hamas fighters.

Listen to the Palestinians, and the mothers. The numbers are fake, but I don't deny that there are likely many children that have been forced or brainwashed into being fighters.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21145 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Weren't these the same assholes complaining about other nations interfering in the U.S. election?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16230 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not saying we shouldn't resupply Israel, we should and I'm sure the next President will, but
shouldn't Israel have been stockpiling weapons, ammo and supplies long before Oct 7th? They are only 6 months into a war.

Posts: 1332 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
I'm not saying we shouldn't resupply Israel, we should and I'm sure the next President will, but
shouldn't Israel have been stockpiling weapons, ammo and supplies long before Oct 7th? They are only 6 months into a war.

They have both their own stockpile as well as the US ME stockpile.

They are all set, worse case is that they have to take unauthorized loans should the war extend outside of the current conflict. Add neighboring Arab aggressors then the need for resupply becomes more critical. Isreal if it chose to it could remove the Gaza Strip from existence this weekend and be ready for work Monday morning.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:

They have both their own stockpile as well as the US ME stockpile.

They are all set, worse case is that they have to take unauthorized loans should the war extend outside of the current conflict. Add neighboring Arab aggressors then the need for resupply becomes more critical. Isreal if it chose to it could remove the Gaza Strip from existence this weekend and be ready for work Monday morning.

Seems it may be time for that if uncle stupid continues to aggravate, which is guaranteed that he will. With Northern Israel under attack by the Hezbollah it becomes more critical by the day.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8931 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:...
Seems it may be time for that if uncle stupid continues to aggravate, which is guaranteed that he will. With Northern Israel under attack by the Hezbollah it becomes more critical by the day.

A snake never forgets his spots...

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/386830

The Joe Biden of 1992 denounces the Bush administration at the time for pressuring the Shamir government regarding peace negotiations.

"Anything you say, can and will be used against you..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Jeepers, man. Joe was an angry, shouting old man even back then. Eek

God bless America.

Posts: 13908 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Israeli forces raid Gaza City's al-Shifa hospital
going in for a second scoop, IDF has taken control of al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City in what it called an operation to "thwart terrorist activity".

It said troops killed 20 "terrorists", including a senior commander of Hamas's internal security force, and detained dozens of suspects during the raid.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world...placement=newsletter

Posts: 8726 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Netanyahu To Biden: "There's No Way To Destroy Hamas Without Rafah Ground Op"

https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...hout-rafah-ground-op

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has revealed more about his Monday phone call with President Joe Biden. He informed a closed meeting of the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee that he made it clear to Biden that there's no way to eradicate Hamas without a ground operation in Rafah.

Biden had reiterated to Netanyahu that the US sees a Rafah invasion as a "mistake" given the presence of over one million internally displaced Palestinian civilians in the city amid an already soaring death toll.

"The Americans asked that we not do an operation in Rafah," Netanyahu told defense officials. "But there is no other choice. We need control over the Philadelphi Route," he continued in refence to the Egypt-Gaza border area.

More at link

Posts: 13119 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1769890646049853599

quote:
I continued to affirm that Israel has a right to go after Hamas, a group of terrorists responsible for the worst massacre of the Jewish people since the Holocaust.

The lying disingenuous motherfucker.

I'm almost to the point I hope Israel breaks out the canned sunshine at Dimona and drops one on Rafah just to say "FUCK YOU" to Biden.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32053 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

"Anything you say, can and will be used against you..."

"In a speech he gave against the Bush administration, then-Senator Biden commented: "Why is there any incentive for the Arabs to make any compromise in the peace talks, if they know they need only wait for the United States to do their bargaining for them?"

"The absurd notion that publically vilifying Israel will somehow change its policy - who in the hell do we think we're dealing with?" Biden demanded."

Posts: 16206 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post