SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Israel caved to Biden pressure

absolutely. We may never know what Biden threatened with.

Can you imagine the uproar if Israel goes back in with force ?

This is one more gigantic foreign affairs screw up by FJB to "boost" his image

DEMs really are getting desperate. A cornered rat is a dangerous rat.

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
quote:
Israel caved to Biden pressure

absolutely. We may never know what Biden threatened with.

Probably halting the sale and support of F-15EX & F-35, no more R&D of any missile defense (Arrow 3, David Sling, Iron Dome, etc) and no more intel sharing. Given the unstable nature of Brandon and his own anti-semitism, I'm sure he wanted a full cut-off.

Posts: 14841 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Turns out Victor Davis Hanson's prediction was correct.

Posts: 2932 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:

Citation, link, quote? ....we're not mind-readers

Posts: 14841 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by sse:

Citation, link, quote? ....we're not mind-readers

this my post from January 28th...at which time I saw a VDH YT interview/conversation, can't remember the host's name.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...720073605#4720073605

best i can do

Posts: 2932 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
And now, straight from that cradle of Americana known as Dearborn, Michigan, I give you..."Death To America".

Posts: 20262 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All good Whitmer voters, I would guess! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16231 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
OSINT Defender

Hamas Negotiators have reportedly told International Meditators in Cairo that it has No Ability to Release the 40 Hostages in the Humanitarian Category (Women, Children, and Elderly) that were included in yesterday’s Ceasefire Proposal because out of the 136 Hostages that remain in the Gaza Strip, a Significant number are now believed to be Dead.

https://twitter.com/sentdefend...r-ceasefire-n2637509

Despite the Biden administration's opposition to Israel's plans for Rafah, Netanyahu said in a video on Monday that there is a date set for such an operation to root out terrorists in the city at the southern edge of the Gaza Strip.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...r-ceasefire-n2637509

posted Hide Post
quote:
it has No Ability to Release the 40 Hostages in the Humanitarian Category

Then there's nothing else to talk about....

I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Article in WSJ last night said Iran expected to attack Israel directly, not with proxy, inside 48 hours.

Iranian Attack Expected on Israel in Next Two Days

Gold up $60/oz today.
Oil up $2.10/brl today.

Posts: 1835 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
And to make matters worse, Oil prices could spike to $100 if Iran directly attacks Israel. Need I remind you FJB emptied the SPR to lower gasoline prices going into an election year? Just the kind of foward thinking you expect out of your Commander-in-Chief before hostilities begin.

Posts: 1835 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:
Need I remind you FJB emptied the SPR to lower gasoline prices going into an election year?
I despise FJB as much as the next guy, but that's a little dated and is referring to the '22 election not the '24 election. Drawdowns occurred in '22 and ended in July '23. 100% of oil movements have been receipts (i.e. inventory increased) from Aug '23 thru 4/5/24. At 100% refinery operating capacity the 4/5/24 reserves is nearly 20 days, and normal refinery utilization (i.e. factoring in downtime for maintenance, upsets, etc.) puts us at about 22 days. The purchases since last summer have added about a day of refining capacity, but I'd like to see the SPR up above 30 days.

Links to SPR inventory and movement data:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23448 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    wishing we
    were congress
    posted Hide Post
    CNN also reports

Washington
    CNN

The US says it is on high alert for a significant Iranian retaliatory attack on Israel as fears grow of a wider regional war.

There remains a “real,” “credible” and “viable” threat of Iran launching strikes, the White House said Friday, following Israel’s attack on an Iranian diplomatic compound in Syria last week that killed three Iranian generals.

President Joe Biden, who warned this week that Iran was threatening a “significant attack” on Israel, has been receiving constant updates on the situation from his national security team.

The US and several other countries, including Britain and France, issued new travel guidelines for government employees in Israel as the Iranian threat loomed.

“We’re watching this very, very closely,” said John Kirby, the National Security Council spokesman, who declined to provide information about the expected timing of the threat.

The Defense Department is moving additional assets to the Middle East region “to bolster regional deterrence efforts and increase force protection for US forces,” a US defense official told CNN, as Israel and the US brace for a potential Iranian attack.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/12...at-israel/index.html

Altitude Minimum
    Picture of BOATTRASH1
    posted Hide Post
    ^^^^Regarding the SPR; It is the STATEGIC petroleum reserve. Not the get gas prices lower petroleum reserve. It does NOT need to be drawn down for any reason except if needed to fuel our military or to provide crude temporarily in the case of a disaster that takes out crude production. It needs to be filled and left the hell alone.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Savor the limelight
    posted Hide Post
    Serious, but probably dumb question, about the SPR: does the oil have shelf life? Is there a benefit to rotating it?

Like I said, probably a dumb question since it was sitting in one hole in the ground for millions of years before being transferred to another hole in the ground, but I don’t know.

Posts: 11217 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
    Picture of Balzé Halzé
    posted Hide Post
    This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.

https://twitter.com/TheCalvinC.../1779233458067304841

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
    NRA Life Member (Patron)
    God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30675 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
    This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.
    Will you stop with The Hunt for Red October stuff, please?

And stop with the melodrama, too.

Posts: 108292 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Shaman
    Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
    posted Hide Post
    I can't find anything on an attack by Iran on Israel.

My engineers would have alerted me too.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39800 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
    Picture of Balzé Halzé
    posted Hide Post
    The drones apparently have been launched but will take several hours to arrive. Both the US and Israel believe that they'll be able to shoot them down.

The Israeli military says Iran has launched a number of drones toward Israel.

The army's spokesman, Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari, said it would take several hours for the aircraft to arrive. He said Israel was prepared. He spoke Saturday evening.

Israel has been on heightened alert since an airstrike last week killed two Iranian generals in Syria. Iran accused Israel of being behind the attack and vowed revenge. Israel has not commented on that attack.

https://scrippsnews.com/storie...ed-drones-at-israel/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
    NRA Life Member (Patron)
    God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30675 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    There are confirmed reports that Iran has launched UAVs towards Israel. Confirmed by Israel and the State Department. On Fox now...

Posts: 920 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post