SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
More than 80 bombs were dropped on the Hezbollah Cocksukka!!!

"You drop 42 tons and what do you get?"

Well Bob, they’ve won a fabulous new swimming pool!

Posts: 11666 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Where are those famous NYC Subway pushers when you need them?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 8704 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Thanks again to SigFreund for recommending the book.

The least I could do for introducing me to Gabriel Allon.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=dan...r-data-refreshed_2_9

As I read the series I am struck by what a good job the author, Daniel Silva, does at making fiction resemble what I have learned about real life from books like Rise and Kill First, or at least what conceivably could be real.

Daniel Silva's early books featuring Gabriel Allon were really good. The last one I read was very leftist, anti religion oriented. I will never read another one of his books.

Edited to add that the name of the book was "The Order". Silva is also good friends with Paul Krugman the "acclaimed" New York Times economist.

Posts: 6735 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Outstanding job.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7284 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post

It must have been quite the complex down there.

Posts: 9289 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
What always amazes me is how Israel is able to know exactly where the terrorist leadership is. Their inteligence and "moles on the ground operatives" are incredible.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7284 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
It makes me wonder what Israel could accomplish with our full support.

Trump 2024= Iran 2025 and they know it.

It's been a few years, but my recollection is that the Stuxnet attack on Iran's nuclear facility was a joint U.S.-Israeli project. I suspect that's why Iran and others are terrified of Trump becoming President again.

Not just that, but President Trump had the Iranians on the brink of financial collapse.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4016 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
What always amazes me is how Israel is able to know exactly where the terrorist leadership is. Their inteligence and "moles on the ground operatives" are incredible.

Agreed. Not to mention how they were able to get explosives in so many pagers and radios en route to Hezbollah. That’s even more baffling.
Hats off to their intelligence agency. Absolutely genius.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4350 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

Agreed. Not to mention how they were able to get explosives in so many pagers and radios en route to Hezbollah. That’s even more baffling.
Hats off to their intelligence agency. Absolutely genius.

I heard that operation was something like a 15 year investment. Incredible.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30936 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
We are patient...

It takes us 40 years to travel a week's distance.

And you should want to know how long it takes the wife to get ready?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44484 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I'm stating the obvious but Mossad is not to be messed with.

Sword. Of. Gideon. For a country the size of Israel (fewer than 10 million) the size of their intelligence and security services is staggering.

And apparently, they hire talent.

Posts: 2529 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
One of the recurring criticisms I’ve heard for decades about US HUMINT intelligence operations is that no one ever wants to support anything for a long haul. It’s always mentioned that the Soviets, and now probably the Russians and Chinese, were willing to plan and hope for successes years in advance.

Whether that’s absolutely true, I don’t know of course, and we hear about only the failures, not intelligence successes, but I suspect it is.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47707 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I just about pissed myself laughing.

https://x.com/visegrad24/status/1840157948271640588

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30936 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's always rough when you find out that your favorite murdering psychopathic terrorist has had a thousand pounder shoved up his ass.

We've all been there.

Posts: 109102 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
How quickly they go from aggressive demanding to victim.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38228 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Well, she may have been worried that a smart bomb was on its way to her, which wouldn't have been a bad thing either.

Good job Israel, shows what a bit of Intell and a lot of commitment can do to the enemy.

Posts: 4059 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The demonic thrall has been sent to Jahannam. The parasite sweld itself by inciting death and now has tasted death itself. It shall cry for mercy and find none.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 6001 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The media never disappoints

https://x.com/visegrad24/status/1839933414029287763

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38228 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The media never disappoints

https://x.com/visegrad24/status/1839933414029287763

"Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, austere religious scholar at helm of Islamic State, dies at 48"

-WaPo

"Qassim Suleimani, Master of Iran’s Intrigue, Built a Shiite Axis of Power in Mideast"

-NYT

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21123 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post