SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FINAL UPDATE ON PAGE 17...Prayers for my wife...
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FINAL UPDATE ON PAGE 17...Prayers for my wife... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this. Prayers sent.

Posts: 1164 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Very sorry, she and you are in our prayers.

Posts: 2095 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
Continued prayers for both of you.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1942 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear the update.. continued prayers..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2713 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Surfer
posted Hide Post
So very sorry.

Posts: 1639 | Location: South East Mo. | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
On Easter Sunday at 6:45 PM, my wife and best friend for almost 47 years, lost her battle and passed onto her other life.

Our daughters, her brother and several friends were able to join me at being at her side as she quietly and peaceably slipped away to join her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

This starts a new chapter in my life, one at this time, I can't even imagine without her being with me.

She was a very caring person and was active in organizations in our community in Cleveland, TN that helped people in need. For 14 years she worked both as a volunteer tutor and as a Tutor Coordinator (matching students with tutors) with The Learning Center, a local organization which helped adults learn to read and earn their GED to better their lives. After she "retired" from the position, she continued to volunteer her time as a tutor. She then worked as a volunteer and later as the Volunteer Manager at The Caring Place, a faith based local organization funded by local churches, that distributes food and clothing to those in need. Her skills as a "people person" with compassion not only served her well in these positions, but mainly those needing help.

We spent almost 47 years as each other's best friends. She loved to camp, hike, fish, boat, garden and ride her motorcycles, among many other things...she was and still is my best friend. I will miss her.

I take comfort in this...

The Apostle Paul on several occasions asked God to heal him of his "thorn in his flesh" (what ever ailment in his life he suffered from)...God said no, but added "that My Grace is sufficient". I as many others have prayed for Terri to be healed and brought back to health. This did not happen in this life, but I know and take comfort that the God who created us has healed her at her passing from this life to the next..."God's Grace is sufficient".

I want to thank again those who offered their prayers, thoughts and emails during this time...I want you to know it helped us get through this.

This new life without her will be different and maybe an adventure...but I will be OK...just read my CUT Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear of your wife's passing. May God bless and watch over you as you grieve, and may He grant her eternal rest.

Posts: 4568 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
I'm so very sorry. My condolences to you and your family.

May you find peace, comfort, and strength in your memories of her.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this and offer my condolences and best wishes for you and your family.

Posts: 7353 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry. I wish I had words that would help, all I can offer is my prayers and heartfelt condolences.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
You have my sincerest condolences.

I am so sorry.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34419 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear of your wife's passing. You are truely blessed to have shared your life with her for 47 years. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Posts: 3590 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss.
I know it deeply hurts.

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I am saddened to hear of your wife's passing. I was praying that she would recuperate. You have my very sincere and deep sympathy on such a tragic loss. My best to you and your family.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23690 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our condolences and continued prayers for you and your family. Cherish those memories.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1549 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Please accept my condolences on the loss of your wife.

May her memory always be a blessing to you.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss, Bisley.
You and your family will by in my thoughts and prayers.
May God bless you all.

Posts: 12550 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear this. I was praying for the best.

My deepest condolences.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3903 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Deepest condolencs, Bisley. Words are inadequate.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Wow, Easter Sunday. Such a special day for those of us that believe. I am very sorry for your loss. She sounded like such a great lady, wife and friend.

Jesus did not have to go through what he did. But chose to. So that he could fulfill the promise of rising again so that we could be born again and have, as you say. "a new life" with him.

I Peter.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great Mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade-kept in Heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

She has her reward.

Again, I am sorry. But find comfort that she knew her Lord and Savior and now bask's in his Glory.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19769 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post