SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Carne guisada

Posts: 3577 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Instant pot turkey breast, mashed potato & green beans.
Fall off the bone tender turkey

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15136 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
meatloaf

Posts: 218 | Location: NC | Registered: February 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Buttered angel hair with fresh grated parm/reg (not the green stuff) and homemade marinara. Fried garlic/parm green beans and homemade sourdough garlic bread.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Chef John's recipe. It was really good.

I used my own homemade marinara rather than store bought though. And sharp cheddar.

And the bonus is there's about 5 meals worth of leftovers.
Thanks for the recommendation. I made Chef John's American Goulash for the GF and I tonight. It was delicious, looking forward to the leftovers, and only 1 pot to clean up.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23092 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Beef stroganoff, and it was amazing. I used sirloin steak.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Carne guisada

Never heard of that but it looks excellent.
I'm gonna have to delve into stews and soups I think. I love grilling and smoking cuts of meat but I need to branch out a bit.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This guy makes some good Tex Mex dishes and teaches BBQ. Give some of his stuff a try.
https://youtu.be/_j20mU9zcdw

Posts: 3577 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Thanks for the recommendation.

Glad you liked it. I'm going to make another batch this week and freeze dry the leftovers. I did forget to mention that I hate soy sauce, so I substituted 2T of fish sauce and 1T of Worcestershire in the recipe. Good that you liked it as is, but I just can't stomach the stuff.

That's some good looking stroganoff Copefree. I made a burger version last week. Good stick-to-your-ribs winter food.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Thanks for the recommendation.

Glad you liked it. I'm going to make another batch this week and freeze dry the leftovers. I did forget to mention that I hate soy sauce, so I substituted 2T of fish sauce and 1T of Worcestershire in the recipe. Good that you liked it as is, but I just can't stomach the stuff.

That's some good looking stroganoff Copefree. I made a burger version last week. Good stick-to-your-ribs winter food.

We don't use soy sauce either after we tried fish sauce and oyster sauce. I never thought about adding a little Worcestershire, so we'll have to try that.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Chicken pot pies … so yummy in the tummy Smile

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Sausage, mushroom, basil pizza with sourdough crust.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Breakfast for dinner. Couldn't find Texas toast, so I had to buy a loaf of fresh baked and slice it myself. I'm not sad about using the fresh baked at all.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quagliette alla cacciatora (Quail Cacciatore)

Posts: 625 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Beef tenderloin 2" thick cooked medium rare and served with bearnaise sauce and mushrooms.

Baked potato with everything and avocados.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Chuck steak with Schultz's Original Spicy in my new to me entrée bowl.

Posts: 3481 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
230 calories of Sam's club chicken nuggets.

200 calories of berry fig Newton bars.
1/3 of a bell pepper.

150 calories of Apple.

Now ask me what I wanted
Frown

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54487 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
We just had breakfast for dinner.
Scrambled eggs
Bacon
Orange and cinnamon rolls

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11238 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sounds like heaven

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54487 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
A customer gave me a fat ribeye, easily 2”. My Weber Genesis is locked up for the winter so I couldn’t burn it on that. I’ve always thought about a pellet grill so maybe now is the time. A weeks hard research that started with looking at Traegers, I found I couldn’t settle for anything less than a Yoder. I cook one steak a year, maybe, but I had to have the ability to really sear so that was one of the deciding factors. I set it up in the dark last night in sun zero weather. Got up this morning and burned it in, made Mrs. BRL a Panini, her favorite grill item to obtain her blessing. Through some sliced zucchini on there too which was amazing. Then it was time for the main event.

I set the Yoder for 225 and bright the internal temp to 110, took it off to rest for about 10 minutes while the Yoder cranked up to 650+ degrees (something most other pellet grill/smokers won’t do) and put this amazing sear and grill marks on it, 2 minutes total on each side, threw it on the top grate for a couple more minutes until it hit 120, took it off and wrapped and rested tip the Thermo pen showed it topped out at 129, 3 degrees shy of my goal of 132 medium rare. Came out pretty close to perfect. Whipped up some saucy mushrooms to top it with.

image hosting api

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post