SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I fired the smoker up at 1:00 P.M. with some hickory wood to perfect some pretty baby back pork ribs. I put my Famous Dave's Rib Rub on about 1 hour earlier. Plan to do a side of Navy Beans cooked slowly with smoked ham hocks......and some good Pita bread.

Likely will have a Knob Creek small batch bourbon....or two while waiting on the ribs to finish cooking.

A Magnum ice cream bar for dessert seem fitting.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Shad roe and grits with onions, bacon, and capers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jim Shugart,

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
eggs and grits, huh?

Posts: 6474 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Last night I tried a new recipe I found for beef stir fry. The sauce is from scratch and all fresh ingredients. Of course I added some things I like and normally I make it spicy, but didn’t do it this time. Forgot to take a pic once it was on plate with rice and egg roll.

Also first time I tried something called “velveting” the beef to make it more tender. Supposedly Chinese restaurants do this. I think it did make it more tender. There are two methods and I may try the other method next time.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Spaghetti and meatballs, won't have to cook for days.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Pizza on the big green egg. Wife makes the pizza and I cook it. Tasty. Couple of local brews to have with it.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
Persian kebob koobideh was on the menu tonight.
I ground up chuck roast, short rib, and sirloin cap.

JP

Posts: 2054 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^ looks absolutely delicious!

Obviously not mine, but I stopped by my favorite pizza joint last night that opened a bar adjoining it. Had two frosty beverages for St. Paddy's and pizza to go.

*I know, I didn't make it, but it was day 6 of 7 straight days of work, so I'm posting it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rock Cornish game hen, in a instant pot pro crisp air fryer.

I followed a recipe for times, and it was slightly over cooked. But it was really only the wings and legs, so maybe backoff the time 5-8 minutes.

I used pink salt and pepper in the cavity.
The rub outside was Greek seasoning Salt, pepper, rosemary, tyme, cajun seasoning, smoked paprika, garlic and onion powder.

Rubbed the bird down with olive oil, rubbed it down with the rub 20 minutes breast up, 20 minutes breast down, 5 minutes breast up, let it rest for 10 minutes. The breast and thighs were juicy.

A baked potato and a salad.

Dipping sauce for the game hen.
1tbs Mayonnaise,1ts Dijon mustard, Adobe seasoning, 1ts katsup, 4 drops of hot sauce, a shake of smoke paprika.

Posts: 3152 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Ribs, potatoes, and some baked beans with onions, garlic, hot dogs, and bacon.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post

Fried chicken tenders in cast iron, homemade mashed potatoes, corn and chicken gravy.
Kinda like the KFC bowls I guess but 10x better. Made it last night and now I have supper for a few nights.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Okay, so the other day I really wanted baby back ribs and my favorite BBQ joint was sold out and I didn’t feel like firing up my Big Green Egg for just one rack of ribs.

I decided to try making a rack of ribs in the oven for the first time in my life. They came out AMAZING! Of course not as good as smoked, but still very tender and juicy. I cooked them at 225 degrees following the 2-2-1 recipe and added just a bit of liquid smoke. They came out great!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Rice and beans with ribs.

Beans, queso, and mantequilla all from my wife hometown in Honduras. Good stuff.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:

Beans, queso, and mantequilla all from my wife hometown in Honduras. Good stuff.
The only Spanish speaking places that I have visited are Puerto Rico (5 1/2 years), and Spain (year and a half). I realize that there are some Spanish words that have different meanings, depending on where you are, but the only meaning for "mantequilla" that I have ever heard of, is just plain butter.

Does "mantequilla" have a different meaning in Honduras?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Holy moly. You guys are killing me. I just came back from a bike ride so I was already hungry. I'm having stir fried julienned brined pork loin with sliced mushrooms. But it's going to be disappointing after seeing the meals on this page.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:

The only Spanish speaking places that I have visited are Puerto Rico (5 1/2 years), and Spain (year and a half). I realize that there are some Spanish words that have different meanings, depending on where you are, but the only meaning for "mantequilla" that I have ever heard of, is just plain butter.

Does "mantequilla" have a different meaning in Honduras?

Mantequilla in Honduras is more of a Crema, it’s closer to sour cream than cheese but has a very queso taste to it. I put it right between sour cream and cream cheese for consistency. Made right it’s got a little bite to it, not as bland as sour cream.

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post

I lazier than you all. Air fried chicken wings tonight.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
First pizza on the Yoder, we’ll first pizzas ever completely from scratch. Liked the Yoder up to 665 with the pizza stone in it.

Mrs. BRL first - white sauce (my world class Alfredo), caramelized onions, mozzarella, VERY thinly sliced potatoes (slices boiled first), feta cheese then hit it with some quality balsamic after baking.

long pretty girl names

Next mine - pink sauce, caramelized onions and mushrooms, mozzarella, sausage. I ish I’d have remembered the pineapple.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've made this twice this month, including last night....its a hit.

I like one-pot meals, mainly because the other recipes I like to cook usually involve quite a bit more dishes. This one is fantastic and easy. Used brandy instead of cognac, however getting the duck fat is key. Just buy yourself a container, break it up into usable chunks and keep it in the freezer. I use duck fat the most in making roast potatoes.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Jalapeño sausages with onions and peppers…and the customary beans/rice/queso.

Little voodoo ranger to wash it down.

Weather is starting to get nice here in MD so we’ve been eating outside.