SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Couple strips on the grill.
Wife made scalloped potatoes & brocollini.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15263 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I was in a hurry for dinner today, so I made Lazy Chicken Parm:

1) Bake Aldi red bag breaded chicken breast(s) as directed
2) While chicken is baking, heat ~1 cup of Aldi giardiniera pasta sauce on stovetop
3) Top cooked chicken breast(s) with warmed pasta sauce and grated parmesan cheese
4) (Optional) Pop back into oven on broil until parmesan is melted and browned

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I also had steak, potatoes, and broccoli p250. Mine was just done differently.

Reverse seared the steak for 45 min or so over a mix of wood, finished in a skillet with butter.

Hand squeezed pink grapefruit and mandarin orange mimosa while prepping the meal.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20807 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
That line of sauces from Aldi's is actually quite good.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I also had steak, potatoes, and broccoli p250. Mine was just done differently.

Reverse seared the steak for 45 min or so over a mix of wood, finished in a skillet with butter.

Hand squeezed pink grapefruit and mandarin orange mimosa while prepping the meal.

Nice sear on that steak. What type of skillet did you use?

Gonna smoke 2 very thick cut bone in pork chops here soon. Mashed potatoes as a side.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Just used a non stick pan.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20807 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Leftovers.... Almost feel guilty using prime grade ribeye for a steak and cheese.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Best burger I've had at a restaurant. New place in DC at The Wharf called Chopsmith. Was their regular Burger which had cheese, L, T, caramelized O house sauce on grilled brioche bun. I added bacon, fried egg, and spicy aioli. They cooked it a perfect medium and watching the flame ups while they grilled it was a thing of beauty, easily one of the best things I've had to eat recently.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Sunday movie meal.

Saw this on FB & gave it a go.
Italian sausage meatballs stuffed with cheese, parmesan cheese, and marinara, dipping sauce.
Oven @ 400°, :15 per side.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Sunday movie meal.

Saw this on FB & gave it a go.
Italian sausage meatballs stuffed with cheese, parmesan cheese, and marinara, dipping sauce.
Oven @ 400°, :15 per side.

Those look good, I am going to have to try them out sometime. Did you use store bought dough, or make your own dough?

Posts: 473 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kilroy2721:
Those look good, I am going to have to try them out sometime. Did you use store bought dough, or make your own dough?
This recipe link indicates that the easiest thing to use is Pillsbury pizza dough as it comes pre-rolled. Ima hafta try this shit for sure. By the way, that Aldi sauce is definitely a good one but the best jarred marinara sauce for me has to be Rao, hands down.

Posts: 7248 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
Originally posted by Kilroy2721:
This recipe link indicates that the easiest thing to use is Pillsbury pizza dough as it comes pre-rolled. Ima hafta try this shit for sure. By the way, that Aldi sauce is definitely a good one but the best jarred marinara sauce for me has to be Rao, hands down.

That’s the dough we used.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
American style goulash. Better than mom's ever was.

Posts: 20070 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^ looks delicious!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Chef John's recipe. It was really good.

I used my own homemade marinara rather than store bought though. And sharp cheddar.

And the bonus is there's about 5 meals worth of leftovers.

Posts: 20070 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Half the stuff I cook is Chef John's recipe...

Cool

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I picked up some fresh shrimp from Bayou La Batre and made a big pan of shrimp with chili sauce. It's my version of a Japanese-Chinese dish called Ebi Chiri. It's a spicier than what you'd find in Japan and has some red and yellow bell peppers in it. Like with gumbo, I don't follow any recipe, but it basically has sake, chicken broth, doubanjiang (spicy bean paste), green onions, Asian red chili peppers, and fresh garlic and ginger.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
I picked up some fresh shrimp from Bayou La Batre and made a big pan of shrimp with chili sauce. It's my version of a Japanese-Chinese dish called Ebi Chiri. It's a spicier than what you'd find in Japan and has some red and yellow bell peppers in it. Like with gumbo, I don't follow any recipe, but it basically has sake, chicken broth, doubanjiang (spicy bean paste), green onions, Asian red chili peppers, and fresh garlic and ginger.

That sounds fantastic, if you’re up for trying variations, replace the chicken broth with a fish broth. If I have the time I boil some seaweed and dried anchovies. If I don’t have the time I just cheat with Hondashi.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
That sounds fantastic, if you’re up for trying variations, replace the chicken broth with a fish broth. If I have the time I boil some seaweed and fried anchovies. If I don’t have the time I just cheat with Hondashi.

That's a good idea. I think I will try that next time. Thanks.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have everything ready to make large country style ribs with sweet mustard sauerkraut, and small new potatoes in my instant pot. It is a chilly overcast day and perfect for this. The kitchen will smell soooooo good!!.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post