SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Those steaks look delicious P250!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing special since I feel like crap with the kidney stones thing, I wanted something that was fast, super easy, and that I could eat on for a few days.

So I took some frozen Italian style meatballs, some decent jar spaghetti sauce, a couple of jars of mushrooms, some seasoning, chucked everything into the Instant pot for 20 minutes.

With some slices of provolone cheese, and a mixture of Italian graded cheese mixture, I made meatballs subs for dinner last night, lunch and dinner tonight, and probably lunch and dinner tomorrow.

Fast, east, and very tasty.

ARman

Posts: 3152 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Those steaks look delicious P250!

Thanks, kept it simple & just used the 1:1:1 SPG I used in the smoker. Let them sit in the fridge that way for a few hours.
Took a bit longer to cook than expected, they were still pretty rare when I first took them off.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Back in Clarksburg WV they have the Italian Heritage Festival, a staple there was thin sliced ribeye steaks on fresh Italian bread covered with Olivarios hot peppers. I couldn't get enough of them, haven't been back in a while so now we make our own.

This time it's New York Strip because I have several packed/sealed and frozen from Costco. The dang steaks are so thick you could make two 1/2 inch out of each.

so I slice them down into thinner parts, sometimes getting three, season with salt, pepper and a bit of dry garlic, then put them on the big red egg for a quick cook.

While they cook I take a half jar of Olivarios Hot Peppers and heat on the stove, it gets the peppers nice and soft and thickens up the sauce a bit.

Pull the steak strips from the grill nice marks and cooked med rare.

Cover them with the hot peppers and sauce, mmmm no bread because its already enough food and I don't need the extra carbs...

It'll make you jump up and slap yo' pappy...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Made a smoked salmon with penne and vodka sauce. Very easy to make and it was delicious.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
Nothing special since I feel like crap with the kidney stones thing, I wanted something that was fast, super easy, and that I could eat on for a few days.

So I took some frozen Italian style meatballs, some decent jar spaghetti sauce, a couple of jars of mushrooms, some seasoning, chucked everything into the Instant pot for 20 minutes.

With some slices of provolone cheese, and a mixture of Italian graded cheese mixture, I made meatballs subs for dinner last night, lunch and dinner tonight, and probably lunch and dinner tomorrow.

Fast, east, and very tasty.

ARman

Made a couple on Super Bowl Sunday. Meatballs & marinara from Fresh Market, some meat sauce (not so much sauce) my husband made and some Newman’s Own Sockarooni, all in the crock pot. Put ‘em under the broiler with the mozzarella to melt everything pretty good and they came out damn good. Husband made a second one.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Pizza tonight.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Beef stew for tonight.

..and...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ArtieS,

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Smoked ling cod over angel hair.

A little bland as is, despite all of the different flavors. So, I poured some melted butter and fresh grated Parm on top and that was the ticket!

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Baked Sablefish (aka Black Cod, Butterfish). One of my favorite fishes.

Simple recipe - coat with a little olive oil, add breadcrumbs on top, drip a bit of lemon juice on it and bake.
Very tasty and satisfying.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Steak, potatoes, and onions. Might not look like much but given we’re camping in TN it was heaven after 5 hours of hiking to fish.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Yoder smoked halibut coated with mayo/parm/roasted garlic, with sides of rice and salad. Too lazy to make a vinaigrette so I went with Ranch.

Cooked the fish to 140F, which was a little too done. Will try 135F next time. Very tasty though.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Homemade Kimbop.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mississippi Pot Roast last night and leftovers for a few days.
Turned out excellent.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I didn't take pics but I made Chicken Marsala tonight in the Instant Pot and I have to say it was great. Much much less mess and stink than making it on the stove and it was easily 98% as good.

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Belated Valentine's Dinner on Saturday night
2 NY Strip from the 1/2 cow we bought last year
Bit of Worcestershire sauce & SPG
Wife whipped up some butter/cheese roasted potato & green beans & a bag chop salad.

Would love the recipe for the roasted beans and potatoes.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Miso "butterfish" using Chilean sea bass, shiitake rice, and air fried asparagus.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife and I celebrated 1 yr in the new place.
Grilled filets, steak cut potatoes, salad.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
A homemade Reuben (corned beef, Swiss cheese, sourcrout, and 1000-island dressing on rye):

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
A prime ribeye, Wink

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post