SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Wish I could smoke it but with the temperature and wind, that ain't happening.

That's why I cut mine in half grill wouldn't stay lit on low with this wind (I've tried before). Reverse sear was out of the question. It was either sous vide then sear or cut it in half for Ribeyes on high heat.

Pan sear then put in the oven? Or 500 for every pound, or what? Post pics and method.

In the oven 1st at 250° until it was 120° internal. It's out of the oven and took about an hour and a half. I'm gonna rest it for 25 minutes and I have my big carbon steel pan on the stove. Sear it and see how this turns out. I'll post pics soon.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

One picture wouldn't upload and I'll try again.
This turned out awesome and I might put this up against a smoked rib roast.
Rub used was Traeger Prime Rib rub and it is good.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

upload photo

This would have been the 2nd picture after I seared it in my carbon steel pan.
Merry Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
D R O O L Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Joatmonv, that cook is absolutely perfect!!!!!!

Tonight I am just cooking chicken thighs in the oven with steamed green beans. Tomorrow I will cook a full Christmas Turkey meal. The day after I will make lasagna. My wife’s family will be over tomorrow afternoon and my mom will also come over.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the best meal of the year. Pierogis with mushroom gravy and borscht. Traditional Polish Christmas Eve meal in my family. It's a lot of work for a 15 minute meal, but oh so worth it.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
This turned out awesome and I might put this up against a smoked rib roast.

Sure as hell looks pretty.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I didn't get pictures because I had family in the house today, but dinner was danged good!

Let's start with a cherry-brie tossed salad with toasted almonds, then move on to a mushroom blue cheese tenderloin accompanied by roasted Brussels sprouts and cauliflower with a Meomi pinot noir.

Follow that up with a thick slice of Mom's homemade rum cake and a coffee with Bailey's, and call it a darned good day. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A can of Chicken noodle soup. Yep, that's Christmas dinner and was Christmas Eve dinner.

Got food poisoning Thursday night and I have been quite sick.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been feeling poorly since Thursday. Today I feel much better, and I took a lep of faith and made what I planned on making Friday.

Instant pot Lasagna.

5 minutes high pressure cooking

4 minutes air fryer.

Brown 1lb ground beef
Brown 1lb sweet Italian sausage.
Have way through browsing, add your seasoning.

Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper
Red pepper flakes.

When browning is finished remove the meat.

Add chopped onion and brown, a minute before the onion is finished add minced garlic. Remove and reserve.

1 cup of water (broth) add enough to deglaze the pan.

Add a layer of the meat (3rd) and the rest of the water.

Layer laguna noodles on top.

With the rest of the meat, add the onions, and Spaghetti sauce, mix.

On top of the noodles, add baby spinach, and Is ricotta cheese mixture.

(Rictta cheese, beaten egg and Italian cheese mixture)

Add 1 3rd of the meat sauce mixture.

Noodles, ricotta cheese mixture, baby spinach, meat sauce.

Noodles meat sauce, spinach, cheese, noodles, and add another cup of water (broth)and on top the cheese mixture, there should be no meat, but some sauce left, drizzle that on top put on pressure cooker top and go 5 minutes, quick release, sprinkle a little more cheese and Italian seasoning, put air fryer on and go 4 to 6 minutes to brown and crisp up the top.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post

My version of Picadillo. Ground beef, mashed taters from last night, small can of tomato paste, small can of tomato sauce, HEB mild picante (about 1/4 cup), and chopped onions. I only stew it for about 30 minutes because I like the onions still a bit crunchy.

I usually have some guac to add to the mix of fresh toppings, but jeebus, $2.08 each? Good lawd...

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I made pork chops with mustard/cream/gruyere coating from this site:

https://www.thefrenchcookingac...eesy-mustard-topping

Chased it with some rice and green beans and it was really good. It seems there are only so many ways of preparing pork chops and this was a nice new twist. Lots of other good recipes on that site as well. The other night I made their poulet au vinaigre (chicken with vinegar sauce) and it was fantastic.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:

upload photo

This would have been the 2nd picture after I seared it in my carbon steel pan.
Merry Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum.

It just don't get any better than that!

Posts: 3595 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Chili came out pretty awesome. Quite happy with the results.

That looks awesome but also kinda spicy. I'd eat it but would probably regret it later.
Nice.

posted Hide Post

Took a few hours but turned out excellent.
Bone in pork loin roast smoked on the Weber kettle with Apple wood.
Was about 250° with Famous Dave's rub and a local pulled pork rub mixed.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^ back to back bangers Eek

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grilled Buffalo Quail with Danish Bleu Hollandaise

Posts: 644 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, Snap, I shoulda took me a pitcher.

For Christmas dinner, since there were only two of us, I bought a 4 lb standing Rib roast and, after cutting it in half, made it for dinner. My wife and I both like our beef rare-seriously rare, so it was an easy fix-really good.

I sliced and froze the rest right after eating and thawed it yesterday.

Ate it for supper (she's out of town) and finished it for breakfast. I must say this is one of the few times freezing did not dry the meat and it was as rare, tender and tasty last night and this morning as it was on Christmas night.

Now I am having Chili Soup, as my Grandad called it, ground beef, onion, red beans, chili powder, garlic, a little more garlic, Worcestershire sauce and about 16 oz of water. It is soup, not traditional chili and I learned to love it when my Momma made it way back in the 50s.

When my wife is here, I drain the ground beef and onion to get all that nasty grease out. But when she's not, like now, I leave a bit in-makes the flavor, IMO, great.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Just put the Prime Rib Roast in the Oven.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Just put the Prime Rib Roast in the Oven.

I did a 9 lb. Choice Rib roast earlier today following Alton Brown's Reverse Sear directions. Turned out great.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post