SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Pork steak in butter, soy sauce, garlic and ginger, with collards with ham leg, and glazed carrots.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I didn't "make" anything. However, I had a delicious dinner that was perfect for Texas "winter" weather - Marie Calendar's large chicken pot pie.

I had a Zoom meeting from 6 to 7, and I put the pot pie in the oven at 5:59. The pot pie was ready right as the meeting finished. Comfort food that hit the spot.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Blackened tofu with fresh coleslaw on roasted garlic bread. Roasted Brussels sprouts and garlic with a little parmesan. And my homemade sauerkraut.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
A customer gave me a fat ribeye, easily 2”...

Everything is perfect about this post other than I need 3-4°F and I'd be in heaven.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post

Wife wanted steak salad, we had a cook off on the skirt steak, mine went about 2 minutes too long on the first side when I got busy. I still won 4-0 on kid votes.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Cheese steak sandwiches. Won't call them Philly style because they're not.
Picked out 2 nice Ribeyes, yellow and red peppers, an onion and provolone cheese.
It works.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Chicken in creamy tarragon sauce.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I lost track of time, and didn't think about dinner until it was too late to get the BGE fired up to 325.

I called an audible, and spatcocked a chicken while my convection oven heated up to 325. Nice crispy skin and extremely juicy bird. I really like the taste of HEB's natural line of chicken (i.e. never treated with antibiotics or hormones and never fed animal by-products). HEB's natural line of pork is GTG too.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chili,
Beef and bean
9 ounces equals 345 calories

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Breakfast for dinner. Spam, potatoes onions. Fry it up and scrambled six eggs into it. A one pan wonder. Pic was just before I added eggs. Tomorrow is shrimp scampi.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Frying up some center cut thick bacon for BLTs.
BLC[heese]A[vocado] for me, as the T is a no-go for me.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
... as the T is a no-go for me.

You poor man. Tomatoes are proof that there is a God and that he loves us.

Tonight is homemade kielbasa that I spent the better part of the day making/smoking and some french fries. Maybe a salad to cancel out some of the carbs.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Baked Ziti aka Pasta al Forno.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Breakfast for dinner. Spam, potatoes onions. Fry it up and scrambled six eggs into it. A one pan wonder. Pic was just before I added eggs. Tomorrow is shrimp scampi.

That looks really good and I'm loving that skillet, looks well seasoned.
Haven't had spam and eggs in a long time.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
... as the T is a no-go for me.

You poor man. Tomatoes are proof that there is a God and that he loves us.

Tonight is homemade kielbasa that I spent the better part of the day making/smoking and some french fries. Maybe a salad to cancel out some of the carbs.

Big Grin
Never been a fan, since childhood, not even ketchup really. My mom is the same way. But, I can sure pick a good one, for the 3/5 in my house that like them.

That said, the sandwiches were good, though that thick cut bacon took a while to cook to crispy.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^ Thank you. My favorite pan it gets daily use. 12" Griswold from the 40'/50's era. I have a 10" Griswold of the same vintage that gets used regularly as well. A 10" Finex that is a bout six years old and is a modern piece. It is a great pan but it is one heavy beast. Lots of other miscellaneous iron.

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Sunday night: Venison backstrap (back loin) butterfly chops pan fried in butter and garlic, salt and pepper to taste with steamed broccoli.

Tonight: Breakfast for dinner! Venison breakfast sausage and scrambled eggs, wheat toast and sliced pineapple.

There's a theme here.....

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8523 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My riff on shrimp scampi. Shrimp, onions, red pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes for a little spicy bite. Half cup of moscato white wine with a couple pats of butter and some olive oil. Tossed in some linguini and sprinkled grated parm on the top after this pic and called it good. Forgot to take a plated pic. Cooked in my Finex 10" iron cooks like a dream and looks good doing it but it is a heavy beast.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Cabbage, carrot and kielbasa soup on the way!

Got to wait about 4 hours or so.

1/2 head cabbage, chopped
1 sweet onion chopped (I didn't have one today, so, oh well.)
Passel of carrots, cut.
1.5 to 2 lbs. kielbasa. I like Carolina Pride, but can't get it any more, so I use Eckrich. I stay away from Hilshire Farms, and find that some of the more expensive kielbasa really aren't that good.
Fresh garlic
Fresh ginger
1 qt. chicken broth
Few shakes of Worcestershire sauce
Salt
Black pepper

ETA: As eaten.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ArtieS,

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Belated Valentine's Dinner on Saturday night
2 NY Strip from the 1/2 cow we bought last year
Bit of Worcestershire sauce & SPG
Wife whipped up some butter/cheese roasted potato & green beans & a bag chop salad.