SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Plated:

First time I've had burrata. Did the obligatory minimum 30 minutes at room temperature before serving. Creamy "young" mozzarella. Very nice!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Bottom round rump roast.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Calamari ink pasta with espelette, fennel pollen, Argumato lemon oil, Parmesan cheese, fumme de sel salt, and fresh dried whole stem Italian oregano.
Castelvetrano olives, and fresh corn on the cob from Mortimer Farms.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Plated:

First time I've had burrata. Did the obligatory minimum 30 minutes at room temperature before serving. Creamy "young" mozzarella. Very nice!

Jiminy Christmas. Bob, that looks amazing. Holy Shit. I’d probably eat my fingertips trying to devour that.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Jiminy Christmas. Bob, that looks amazing. Holy Shit. I’d probably eat my fingertips trying to devour that.

Big Grin Big Grin Sorry Noah. Took the pictures before deploying the eating utensils. Smile Wouldn't work for this to be finger food! hahahahahahahaha

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plan to have hickory smoked baby back ribs, fresh corn on the cob, and mixed vegetables. Pita bread, and for dessert carrot cake.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Simple brunch.
--extra sharp cheddar - green onion 3 egg omelet with Lizano salsa, crisp thick sliced applewood smoked bacon, Kerrygold buttered everything bagel, mini chocolate drizzled croissants. Yum!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Bald1 - looks mighty tasty. Great combo.

I've looked locally for the Everything Bagel seasoning you guys mention above but can't find it.

I can see some offerings online (Prime) but not sure what to get. Any recommendations on brand / product?

Would like one that has been verified with no ingredients sourced from prc.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Bald1 - looks mighty tasty. Great combo.

I've looked locally for the Everything Bagel seasoning you guys mention above but can't find it.

I can see some offerings online (Prime) but not sure what to get. Any recommendations on brand / product?

https://www.thespicehouse.com/...cts/everything-bagel

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Sounds decent but I can’t determine if they source any ingredients from prc. Sesame seeds in particular are notoriously being sourced from prc.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pinto and kidney bean soup.

1lbs pinto beans
1/4lbs light kidney beans
2 celery stocks
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cut Vidalia onion
2 bell pepper
2 serrnano chili
1 clove of garlic crushed
12oz salt pork chopped

Salt and pepper to taste.
Cajun seasoning
1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
1/2 tablespoon rosemary
1/2 tablespoon thyme
2 bay leaves

In butter saute the vegetables
Add salt pork and brown
8 cups of chicken broth

And the beans and the serrnano chili
Set instant pot to 50 minutes and a 20 minute natural release.

Some nice crusty bread

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

I use this which is said to be made in the USA. No info on their supplier network.
https://www.amazon.com/Olde-Th...Ounce/dp/B07GJ68J7P/

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Sadly no pics, but tonight was my wife's birthday dinner.

We are at the lake for the weekend and invited a neighbor over for dinner.

Bacon wrapped Filets, Shrimp skewers, Baked Potato, and roasted veggies.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I use this which is said to be made in the USA. No info on their supplier network.
https://www.amazon.com/Olde-Th...Ounce/dp/B07GJ68J7P/

Thanks bald1! I'll look into it. I found this one that sounds like it's also made in USA. But not sure what that means both of these - does it mean ingredients are sourced from USA? Or the materials are sourced globally (ie - prc included) but just mixed together in USA? I'm thinking the latter because of the statement below.

https://spqrseasonings.com/

It contains California roasted garlic, toasted onion, Italian sea salt, black and tan sesame seeds, & poppy seeds.

This sounds like / suggests that ingredients come from CA. But then, how can Italian sea salt come from CA. So only the garlic is from CA? Where does the rest of the stuff come from? Why is only the garlic reflecting a source?

Sorry - this become a thread drift. We can stop here. But these guys are tricky in obfuscating use of prc sourced ingredients. I buy roasted sesame seeds - it's very hard to find sesame seeds not sourced from prc now.

posted Hide Post
Steak fried rice

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pulled pork, brisket chili ( I think brisket makes the best chili), hotdogs, and grilled chicken thighs (whole). Left overs from Sunday family reunion.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1118 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
600 calories of stuff that no one is the least but interested in hearing about

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Bendable, why would you write that without the actual meal? I think there are quite a few of us that have been quietly watching your progress on your new diet with interest.
For my fam, I made a chicken pot pie from “scratch”, using chicken juices from a bird I made a few days ago, and the leftover meat mixed with veggies (carrots, onions, corn, etc). The crust was prefab, though. No good at pics, sorry.
There was a guy here that did some amazing meal platings.. sounded good and looked great..I’ll have to look back and see who it was.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight I'm going to cook a pot of Red Beans seasoned with smoked sausage , Tasso , and Onion .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Tonight I made a new recipe I found and decided to try and it was pretty good. It is called “One Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice.” Basically onions, garlic, chicken, rice, enchilada sauce, can of tomatoes and chiles, and cheese. Then topped with what you want and I topped with sour cream and avocado. Nothing fancy; just easy to make and tasted good.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post