SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The omelette thread got me hankerin' for a hash brown omelette which I haven't had since early last fall. Happened to have everything in the house so I had breakfast for dinner. Hash browns with eggs, peppers, onions ground breakfast sausage and cheese inside and out. Dang tasty!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be a small brisket in my new [to me] smoker
We might eat in mid January at the rate it's going.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15261 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Breakfast for breakfast, not for dinner, and my husband (aka HE WHO COOKS because I grill) made it, not me:

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I will post the recipe this week. Its a bit of work to do a phone.

quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Mulligitawny soup. And it is damned good.

Had to look that up as I've never heard of it. Interesting.
Do you have a recipe by chance?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I am still a Rookie on the Smoker/charcoal cooking side. but hang in there.
I watched a lot of youtube videos for tips.

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I did a brisket point about a month ago, it took 8 hours. Add more time for it to rest(~2 hours) and you're looking at an all day smoke. Gotta damn near get it on the smoker in the early morning.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I did a brisket point about a month ago, it took 8 hours. Add more time for it to rest(~2 hours) and you're looking at an all day smoke. Gotta damn near get it on the smoker in the early morning.

To me this is the beauty of brisket. You need to be involved, pay attention, invest some time and labor to get it's rewards. Yeah yeah I know all about the set it and forget it stuff out there but brisket does not always conform. The internet forums are full of set it and fail stories.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
quote:

To me this is the beauty of brisket. You need to be involved, pay attention, invest some time and labor to get it's rewards. Yeah yeah I know all about the set it and forget it stuff out there but brisket does not always conform. The internet forums are full of set it and fail stories.

I wouldn't do it any other way. I will even say that I enjoy checking on the charcoal, temperature and if I need to add wood. Part of the process.
My best friend has a pellet grill and while he does a good job doing it, he just sets the temp and then checks very infrequently until it's done. I get the easy part but I like checking things. Probably the biggest reason I haven't bought a pellet grill. Crossed my mind a few times but I just can't do it.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Damn! I've been behind the power curve here with last week's heavy snows and crazy winds now being followed by insane sub zero temps with winds chills hitting -60°F. Roll Eyes

You guys are posting some fabulous creations that are making my stomach growl! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16181 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
https://www.hellofresh.com/

We are enjoying the convenient and tasty meals.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Pinto beans and ham/hambone

Lotta jalapeños and good habanero hot sauce

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Tonight I made chili and cornbread. Sorry for the lack of pictures on this one. Chili can be controversial….lol.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Tonight I made chili and cornbread.

Cornbread? ... recipes solicited here:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/6340031794

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16181 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made one of my favorites, this one comes from Lyon, France. If you know anything about that region, it's all about hearty, simple dishes that are timeless. No exotic ingredients, just a bit of time and long lasting flavor. Don't get put-off by the vinegar ingredient, the tartness is cooked off while it rounds-out the creaminess of the sauce so its not heavy or cloying.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Brisket update
It turned out surprisingly well, despite the smoker fail.

Dry brined for about 18hrs
Was on the smoker for about 4, but couldn't keep consistency on the cook temp. Either too much flame or it ashed out too quickly.
Pulled off the smoker when the meat stalled at 137* & into the oven at 250*
Pulled out of the oven at 208* & into a cooler for 2 hours, wrapped in a towel.
Finished at around 10:15PM that night.
Reheated in the oven last night & pretty happy with how it turned out.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15261 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roasted chicken and vegetables

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
My wife and I make homemade peanut brittle during the holidays. Well tonight was time to make the second batch.
Because of this our regular dinner was replaced with
Scrambled eggs with mushrooms,ham and cheese. We also had toast made from a fresh loaf of bread I made today.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2570 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Working Christmas, so I made myself a nice dinner last night. Got a small roast on sale. Cut into two steaks, roasted the bone with the potatoes along with some shallots and garlic. Some roasted brussel sprouts with garlic/shallots. Store made pasta and some jalapeno cheddar focaccia.

Delicious!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20807 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Working Christmas, so I made myself a nice dinner last night. Got a small roast on sale. Cut into two steaks, roasted the bone with the potatoes along with some shallots and garlic. Some roasted brussel sprouts with garlic/shallots. Store made pasta and some jalapeno cheddar focaccia.

Delicious!

That looks great!

Daughter was supposed to come today for the tradition of McDonald's nuggets and fries with her boyfriend but they are going to Columbus and the roads are shitty. I told them to leave while it's daylight to make sure they're safe driving.
So I picked up a 1 bone rib roast and it's in the oven right now. Wish I could smoke it but with the temperature and wind, that ain't happening. See how this turns out.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wish I could smoke it but with the temperature and wind, that ain't happening.

That's why I cut mine in half grill wouldn't stay lit on low with this wind (I've tried before). Reverse sear was out of the question. It was either sous vide then sear or cut it in half for Ribeyes on high heat.

Pan sear then put in the oven? Or 500 for every pound, or what? Post pics and method.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20807 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post