SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Green onion sour cream mashed potatoes, pollo Tucker, chicken breast stuffed with prosciutto, goat cheese topped with mushrooms, basil, garlic, lemon, butter, white wine, cream sauce

Posts: 5765 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buffalo wings.

In an instant pot,

Pat dry wings, salt and pepper, garlic powder and Old Bay to taste.

380°F for 25 minutes, turn halfway through.

Then 400°F for 10 minutes.

Toss in favorite Buffalo sauce ( mine is homemade). Serve with blue cheese dressing, and celery stick and cold beer.

ARman

Posts: 3161 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Brought out my inner Wisconsin tonight. Homemade brats, boiled in Hefeweizen and grilled, with caramelized onions and drizzled with homemade honey dijon. I had three of 'em.

After years of trying to perfect brats, I thought that I'd come up with a pretty dang good recipe. And then I discovered the secret ingredient to perfect homemade brats. Heavy cream. I used to mix with water, but nope. Heavy cream it is. I've tossed out my old recipe and will be using this going forward. Dang they're good.

Posts: 20178 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Brisket and Mac and Cheese

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12490 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Hainanese Chicken Rice, with the help of the Prima Taste package.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5971 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I whipped up some homemade spaghetti with meatballs!

in the 'Merica Navy they teach you to go pew pew pew...
Luckily in the PNW they taught me to go BANG BANG BANG

Posts: 65 | Registered: November 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Seems a lot of us went with mac & cheese this weekend.

This has 8:3 extra sharp cheddar to gyuere topped with Panko.

Could wait. Had to serve, then take a snapshot. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16293 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
After years of trying to perfect brats, I thought that I'd come up with a pretty dang good recipe. And then I discovered the secret ingredient to perfect homemade brats. Heavy cream. I used to mix with water, but nope. Heavy cream it is. I've tossed out my old recipe and will be using this going forward. Dang they're good.

Sooo Gustofer, how did you cook 'em? No beer but only heavy cream? Please elaborate...

Posts: 522 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The heavy cream goes in the meat mixture rather than water. I make my own brats (and other sausages).

For cooking, they get boiled in beer for about 10 minutes to cook through, and then finished on the grill.

Posts: 20178 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Just my oldest and myself up here in MI getting things ready for the rest of the crew. I baked salmon, and microwaved Bob Evans mashed potatoes and frozen green beans while the salmon was in the oven. Cost $17, took 15 minutes, and I’d have taken pictures, but we are both stuffed because there was enough for at least three people if not four.

Now I know it’s not on par with what you guys make, but he’s 17, heading to college this fall, and I want him to kick it up a notch from PB&J, Ramen, and mac N cheese.

Posts: 11120 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
How'd you fix your salmon trapper? I have a couple go-to recipes that I like, but am always looking for alternatives.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I have been experimenting with elevating ramen noodle packages. I really like how it turns out. So far I have done steak, chicken, and shrimp.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8698 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
How'd you fix your salmon trapper? I have a couple go-to recipes that I like, but am always looking for alternatives.

I wouldn’t call it a recipe, but I started with about a pound of salmon. There two pieces in the package the same size. They were long narrow pieces that included some belly meat, so thickness was mostly over an inch down to a 1/4”.

While the oven was preheating to 425, I patted the salmon dry with paper towels.
On the stove, I preheated a Lodge 8” cast iron pan with two pats of butter.
Thinking about it in hindsight, I could probably have put the pan with the butter in the oven to preheat.
I put the salmon in the pan skin down, sprinkled a little Slap yo Mamma cajun seasoning on it, and put it in the oven for 12 minutes.

Why Slap yo Mamma? Because it was a limited choice of what we had left up here from last summer between that, steak seasoning, and Italian seasoning.

I was pleasantly surprised that even the thinnest parts were done just right. I expected them to be halfway to jerky. There was no sushi in the thick parts either.

Posts: 11120 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sorry...forgot to take some pix.

Teriyaki-pineapple marinated pork tenderloins.
Extra sharp cheddar - gruyere mac & cheese
Tossed salad

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16293 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Sorry...forgot to take some pix.

Teriyaki-pineapple marinated pork tenderloins.
Extra sharp cheddar - gruyere mac & cheese
Tossed salad

Sounds delicious. I love adding meat/veggies/egg to 69¢ Ramon. Great way to deal with leftovers.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20910 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I love adding meat/veggies/egg to 69¢ Ramon. Great way to deal with leftovers.

That is how I started, but now I am buying the ingredients and cooking the meats to make the ramen dish and making the broth from scratch using Chinese ingredients. I still do the leftovers thing, but making a good dish from scratch is super good.

Posts: 8698 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Made Beef Bourguignon last weekend.
I really like Chef Pierre's cooking. Pretty easy and good staple meals. Recipe here: https://youtu.be/b6Yqw6J8WHo?si=8LbVgGa3b4d5DGp_

I like this guy for Italian cooking. A couple of months ago, I made the pasta genovese. This is a nice take on a recipe as old as the Roman Empire. It's an all-day cook but well worth it! https://youtu.be/xbIoNCRDy6s?si=3a6VhIIIqFYHNVh-

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6857 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Tonight I made pan seared salmon, saffron risotto, and garlic broccolini. It used a lot of dishes, took a lot of time, but came out so very good!!!!

Picture of it almost ready:

Picture of start of just pans out before even prepping:

posted Hide Post
I've never taken pictures of my dinner, but I enjoy this thread! I've copied some and given
me ideas for others. So, THANKS!!

Posts: 1071 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Mike,
What saffron did you use? Stuff is expensive and not easily found locally.
Dinner looked great!

USN (RET), COTEP #192