SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 126
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Last night's supper was simple but mighty tasty......biscuits with sausage gravy and extra crumbled sausage bits on top. A few squirts of Tobasco sauce and get after it!!

Posts: 6707 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Tonight Pacific cod in lemon caper butter sauce. Tomorrow fresh mussels steamed open in a wine - garlic - lemon broth.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16509 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
First time making Ropa Vieja. Found a legit recipe on the net and spent a good portion of the day cooking. Came out great!

Flank steak and red onions...

Browning...

Sautéed the red onions, and garlic, deglazed with Coppola Chardonnay, added tomato sauce and chicken broth, then back in with the browned steak. Cumin, paprika, cayenne, oregano, allspice, more S&P and two bay leaves. Simmered for 2 hours

In the meantime, fire-roasted some bell peppers...

Shredded the flank steak

Back into the pot with the shredded beef, roasted peppers, green olives, capers and cilantro.

Served with Brazilian rice, black beans and plantain chips...

It was a big hit! The wife felt especially loved today.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5515 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We had no power for 12 hours today, after Houston's deluge today.
So, it was In & Out by request of the kids.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15969 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ropa Vieja, that looks good Benny. Gonna have to make some now.

Posts: 3643 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Ropa Vieja, that looks good Benny. Gonna have to make some now.

This is the recipe I used...

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5515 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Okay, went for an early dinner. Warmed things up nicely given the <gasp> snow flurries we had today. Roll Eyes

1½ lbs of fresh Prince Edward Island mussels in a garlic butter wine sauce. Presentation was NOT a consideration. LOL
Enjoyed with some crusty bread and chardonnay.

White spots are the minced garlic in this picture.

Almost gone Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16509 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks delicious. Thanks.

Posts: 809 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
And the lemon-caper cod....
Had to break up the fillets to fit the plate. Roll Eyes Again presentation wasn't a consideration. Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Bald1,

Will you adopt me?

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Bald1,

Will you adopt me?

The Corning Ware reminds me of childhood, so go ahead and adopt me too.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21104 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
The Corning Ware reminds me of childhood...

I've probably had an expansive set of this Corning pattern for 50 years or so. And yes, it is comforting as using them recalls my earlier years. Never liked or felt comfortable with the fancy china the wife had.

quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Will you adopt me?

You guys crack me up! Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Oh this weekend or maybe early next week I plan on trying a variation of Spaghetti Aglio e Olio by combining roasted garlic (prepped in the air fryer) with the traditional thinly sliced garlic lightly toasted in olive oil. Saw this somewhere as a recommendation and the notion resonated with me. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

USN (RET), COTEP #192

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
First time trying bbq meatloaf. Did this on the Lone Star Grillz, oak wood for smoke. Just have to pop it in the oven on high heat to crisp up the bacon when dinner time comes.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am really interested in how that meatloaf turned out. A great idea. I did one in my smoker a while back that was awesome.

Posts: 6707 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I am really interested in how that meatloaf turned out. A great idea. I did one in my smoker a while back that was awesome.

I crisped up the bacon in the oven, internal temp about 143. It is awesome. I didn't eat the entire meal yet, just took a slice off the end. I used my BBQ rub in it with 4 eggs, no bread crumbs (keto friendly). I love it. I'll do it again.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
For Spaghetti Aglio e Olio I used a couple of thin sliced garlic cloves toasted in EVOO but then added a few more finely chopped cloves that I had roasted in the air fryer. OMG the combination of the toasted and roasted garlic added a depth to this dish that will see me using this approach from now on.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Bald, I imagine that was really good. So simple, but so delicious.

Regrettably, I need to avoid carbs where possible, so I will imagine how it smelled and tasted.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12915 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tex Mex fondue... Velveeta, hb meat and rotel.

Posts: 3643 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Bald, I imagine that was really good. So simple, but so delicious.

Regrettably, I need to avoid carbs where possible, so I will imagine how it smelled and tasted.

Perhaps you could make Spaghetti Squash Aglio e Olio Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9428 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post