SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Did you use yer knitting needles on that thar salad, ersatzknarf?

Posts: 13666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Carne Guisada
Chopped up

Seasoned

After 3 hrs simmering

Looks great. Do you have the recipe

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Did you use yer knitting needles on that thar salad, ersatzknarf?

Sure 'nuff did, sir!!!

It's the best way to enjoy a healthy salad!

Razz

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue Dog
Not really, just look up South Texas Carne Guisada. For the meat, I like chuck roast or steak. The vegetables are onions, Roma tomatoes, garlic, bell peppers, jalapeño for a little heat. I like to put celery in it. Seasonings- chili powder, cumin, black pepper, oregano, salt (easy on the salt). Chicken stock about to the level of the meat and vegetables. I like to go at least 3 hours, thicken it up with corn starch if the gravy is too thin.

Posts: 3577 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Blue Dog
Not really, just look up South Texas Carne Guisada. For the meat, I like chuck roast or steak. The vegetables are onions, Roma tomatoes, garlic, bell peppers, jalapeño for a little heat. I like to put celery in it. Seasonings- chili powder, cumin, black pepper, oregano, salt (easy on the salt). Chicken stock about to the level of the meat and vegetables. I like to go at least 3 hours, thicken it up with corn starch if the gravy is too thin.

Thanks

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Two fried eggs over easy on toast. Glass of milk and some Biscoff cookies to dip.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Cheese-Steak Hoagies.

Chopped sirloin
Sautéed onions, green and red bell peppers
Provolone cheese
Bakery fresh hoagie rolls

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Japanese eggplant, zucchini, onions, wagyu ground beef.
Soy sauce, red miso, sake, gochujang, green onions, cream cheese, sesame oil, garlic, ginger.

Diced, caramelized, browned, sautéed, simmered. Thickened at end with potato starch.

Served over white rice. In iceberg lettuce cups (lettuce soaked in ice water for one hour to make juicy and crisp).

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Bacon sandwiches on wheat toast, with MW.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Pan seared grouper filet in lemon and garlic sauce with pan seared boiled potatoes. A slice of pineapple upside down cake for dessert and a glass of milk.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Soy sauce, red miso, sake, gochujang, green onions, cream cheese, sesame oil, garlic, ginger.

Diced, caramelized, browned, sautéed, simmered. Thickened at end with potato starch.

Served over white rice. In iceberg lettuce cups (lettuce soaked in ice water for one hour to make juicy and crisp).

This sounds really dang good and you tease us without a picture? You are evil!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:

This sounds really dang good and you tease us without a picture? You are evil!

Penalty flag for no pics!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Left over roast beef on a Chiabatta bun with a chunk of cheddar on the side. Canned apricots for dessert.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
LOL Smile It tasted better than it looked. Pics in the future - I forgot. But it did come out very well.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Tonight I am making beef short ribs in the Instant Pot. I love this recipe! It comes out so GOOD!!!!!!!

Here is the prep and I will post a picture when done.

Everything prepped.

Veggies sautéed

Browned short ribs added to veggies and sauce. Lid will go on next to pressure cook the next hour.

Edit to add finished product!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: StorminNormin,

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Short ribs are so delicious, can't eat much due to fat content, but damn are they tasty!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wow! That looks delicious!

I love short ribs too. I make them Korean style a few times a month. Either as kalbi (grilled) or kalbigim (stew / braised but I use the pressure cooker) - potatoes, sake, sugar, soy sauce, garlic.

I should try other recipes. Maybe I’ll try something like that - maybe something easy and familiar like lots of caramelized onions (starter for French onion soup) and go from there.

Btw, not sure if ox tail is convenient but I use that sometimes instead of short ribs - recipe basically as above sans potatoes. Makes for a tasty collagen rich broth. Short ribs and ox tails are my favorite for the pressure cooker.

That pic made me hungry. The mashed looks awesome too!

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow! That looks delicious!

I love short ribs too. I make them Korean style a few times a month. Either as kalbi (grilled) or kalbigim (stew / braised but I use the pressure cooker) - potatoes, sake, sugar, soy sauce, garlic.

I should try other recipes. Maybe I’ll try something like that - maybe something easy and familiar like lots of caramelized onions (starter for French onion soup) and go from there.

Btw, not sure if ox tail is convenient but I use that sometimes instead of short ribs - recipe basically as above sans potatoes. Makes for a tasty collagen rich broth. Short ribs and ox tails are my favorite for the pressure cooker.

That pic made me hungry. The mashed looks awesome too!

This is the recipe I used. I need to try some other variations. I liked it because it uses the Instant Pot and that thing is so easy to cook with.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is the recipe I used. I need to try some other variations. I liked it because it uses the Instant Pot and that thing is so easy to cook with.

Thanks. I may try that this weekend.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I love stuffed cabbage (golabki for you Polacks). Grew up eating them and have liked them ever since. Only problem is, I've always hated making them as it's a PITA getting the cabbage leaves just soft enough but not too soft.

So, I was thinking about it today, trying to find a work around, and came up with it.

First, mix together the guts:

1# burger (or 1/2 burger 1/2 pork)
1/2 large onion chopped
1 egg
2 oz (or more) chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup white rice (dry) cooked (I used Minute Rice)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika

Cook in large(ish) Dutch oven until meat is almost done. Then chop up 1/2 head of cabbage and mix in with the meat mixture. Cover and bake at 350F for 30-45 min until the meat is done and the cabbage softens.

Remove from the oven and mix in one 28oz can of crushed tomatoes. Cover and heat through. Scoop onto a plate, slather with sour cream, and ooooohhh boy!

All the great taste of regular stuffed cabbage without the hassle and the mess. It doesn't look all that great, but if you like stuffed cabbage, you'll like this.

Now to put some in the freeze dryer and see how it reconstitutes.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post