SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

Found a recipe for true authentic Kung Pao Chicken.
Looks really good! Can you post the recipe here? Or a link to it online?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
The other night I made something called “Eggroll in a Bowl” and it was really good. I get daily recipes from a website called Cooking Professionally and their recipes are great. I am making so many new dishes.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

Found a recipe for true authentic Kung Pao Chicken.
Looks really good! Can you post the recipe here? Or a link to it online?

I kind of did a little of what I thought was right from both recipes. I mainly went with the first one. One recipe gives substitutes if you don’t have the oriental ingredients but I read it is no where near the same so that is why I went to a market to get all of the proper stuff and glad I did.

Recipe 1

Recipe 2

I left out the peppercorns as I did not like them.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been on a seafood kick lately. The other day I got some fresh red snapper.

I also got something that I never had before, barramundi. So I made some blackened barramundi tonight, shrimp cocktail and a salad, mostly garden fresh out of a friend's garden.

I will say that the barramundi was very good. Not as good as red snapper, or grouper but I will be getting it again for sure, as it was very good and the price was right!

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few days ago, I made lasagna roll ups. Very simple and flexible recipe.

Lasagna noodle cooked to one minute less than al dente, then into cold water. I had three shredded Italian cheese blend on hand. Added breadcrumbs and a beaten egg to make a moist paste. Spread the paste onto pasta, adding Basil, Sage, and Spinach leaves. Added fresh Mozzarella and chopped pre-cooked bacon. Rolled up and held together with a toothpick. Into a 350°F oven for 15 mins.

Family loved it.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Night before last. BLTs and cucumber salad with the tomatoes, cucumber, and green peppers plucked from my garden. Nothing better than grocery shopping in the back yard.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Cheesy bacon double quarter pounder topped with fresh picked tomato from my back yard.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Burgers & cucumber again. I love fresh veggies from the garden. The cucumber salad has cucumber and peppers from the garden. Bright red tomato on the burger also home grown.

I don't want garden season to end, I refuse to eat grocery store tomatoes.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
All I see is the burger. And nice looking one at that.

A meal fit for a king - deserves the fine china. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Last dinner I cooked was on the weekend. It was freshly caught speckled trout, pan fried with beurre noisette.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't very hungry, so I just had a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

It is often called an Elvis, but I don't like bacon in mine.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
BARI for me, sliced zucchini, corn on the cob, mushrooms, baked potatoes, baked onion, all cooked on the CostcoJoe.

Protection and quarter

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

BARI
Confused

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
HRK, looks outstanding!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Reubens that's what's for dinner. Such an underrated sammie.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Underrated?

Not in my house! Delish!

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loves me some Ruben sandwich!!

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Tonight I made Indian Butter Chicken, fresh English Peas, Basmati rice, and Naan bread. Oh so good!!!!

posted Hide Post
Skins, please send me one, FedEx overnite!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Stormin - looking good!

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post