SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Skins, that looks and sounds great. But you broke the rule: steak shall be larger than sum of all veggies unless accompanied by bacon. Smile

Do you season the steak before you roll it? I usually season all surfaces for a few hours, pat dry then roll and cook.

No I don't, I don't like to over power it. It's already got a great flavor. Just a dusting of S&P and some garlic powder. This one I sous vided, when I do that I do the same but add in three or so sprigs of thyme with it on each side. As for the meat to veggie ratio, that can be altered for a cap steak as it's pretty darn rich. That was approximately a 18-20 oz steak we shared.

Best steak on the planet, but so expensive and time consuming to butcher it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Well, this is about as simple a meal pic as they come, paper plate and all haha...

Along with the “traditional” Independence Day weekend cook-out items on the grill, I added some sliced steak and red and green bell peppers and a little sweet onion. Let it all percolate a bit with a mixture of Moore’s marinade and house Italian dressing. It was dinner-time before I retrieved these items from the fridge and assembled this trio of soft tacos; added shredded lettuce, light Ranch dressing, and some Sadie’s “Not-as-Hot” Salsa - made for a nice little dinner.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
A BLT with chips and a couple of Boar's Head dills. The protection is knapped obsidian tied to a black bear's jaw bone with rawhide (not your average knife. But believe me, this bitch is sharp & will do the job Smile).

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15470 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I was off yesterday and it rained most of the day so I decided to do a longer smoke on the BGE. I smoked a chuck roast like a brisket (brisket rub, same smoker temp as brisket, and pulled it at same internal temp I would for brisket). On the cow, it's adjacent to the brisket so has lots of same properties, but since it's 75 to 80 percent smaller it cooks much quicker (5 or 6 hours).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23092 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A great looking chuck roast!! I started slow smoking chuck roasts about two years ago, and really like the flavor. Like you state, it doesn't take nearly as long to do one, compared to a brisket.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Jim, outstanding looking sammie and knife! Bacon weaves add such a nice touch to things.

Tator, I hope that tastes as good as it looks.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Tator, I hope that tastes as good as it looks.
It was delicious. Still have leftovers for 2 meals too.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23092 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Chicken Corn Chowder

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Johnsonville Beer Brats and jalapeno cheddar tater tots. Lazy today and not worthy of pics or much more than a NA-22 to protect it. Still, it was tasty.

Posts: 3999 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Tacos al Pastor.

Had a hankerin' for Mexican tonight.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried my hand for the first attempt with "saltimbocca alla romana" with a side of Spinach with chopped garlic. It didn't come out too bad, definately room for improvement.

I did skimp by using capicola instead of the much more expensive prosciutto. Darn veal was expensive, but I made it since that's what the better half likes.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
well I was suppose to make cheese burgers on the grill Smile .
I went out to start the grill,turned in on high to burn off the grates from the nights before chicken quarters Big Grin
Went back a few minutes later and it was fully involved. I went in low to shut off the gas and it was still blazing away Eek
I finally put it out with a spray bottle of water. After it cooled off I took it apart and believe it or not no real damage Razz
It's really clean now Wink
Ended up cooking the burgers in a frying pan on the stove Frown

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2552 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
well I was suppose to make cheese burgers on the grill Smile .
I went out to start the grill,turned in on high to burn off the grates from the nights before chicken quarters Big Grin
Went back a few minutes later and it was fully involved. I went in low to shut off the gas and it was still blazing away Eek
I finally put it out with a spray bottle of water. After it cooled off I took it apart and believe it or not no real damage Razz
It's really clean now Wink
Ended up cooking the burgers in a frying pan on the stove Frown

Yikes! Glad the grill is now squeaky clean and the house is still standing.

I grilled cheeseburgers and corn - and no flareups on my grill (phew).

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
A pile of kalbi (korean marinated bbq short ribs; la style) and a tall glass of mojito.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
A pile of kalbi (korean marinated bbq short ribs; la style) and a tall glass of mojito.

Got a recipe you’d be willing to share on these?

While the pot wasn’t photogenic tonight, it was dang hood; homemade Sloppy Joe’s.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I plan to have Sloppy Joe's tonight myself.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Found a recipe for true authentic Kung Pao Chicken. I had to go to an oriental market to get several ingredients and it came out absolutely amazing!!!!! My wife is doing low carb and didn’t want rice so I made broccoli for a side. Of course I did make a few changes as to vegetables in the dish.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks really, really good. And I just ate; I'm not hungry.

Posts: 2686 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Looks delicious. How spicy did you make it? Did you use dry or fresh peppers?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks delicious. How spicy did you make it? Did you use dry or fresh peppers?

I made it probably semi spicy. I am someone who can handle super spicy, but eating this was not super hot but did make me sweat. I used dried chili peppers. The one thing I did leave out from the recipe was the Sichuan pepper as last time I made it with that I did not like the flavor it added.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post