SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Smudge -- that sounds like it's really tasty. I'll have to try it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31376 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eggplant rollatini.

Posts: 3644 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I only eat lunch now, but today was beef fajitas. This is a before pic and I was too hungry to take an after pic.

Beef fajitas marinated for an hour, fresh made guacamole, a bag of fajita vegetables that are wonderful once sautéed, and Spanish rice. I was stuffed!!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8740 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Skins….I am sorry if you have already posted it, but do you mind sharing the recipe for that peasant bread? I am curious if it is a non-yeast bread. Trying to gather several different bread recipes both with yeast or no yeast and yours looks great!

ETA: This is from the very first post on page 1.

This stuff is awesome! Makes two loaves, keeps in the fridge well for a few days for the second loaf allowing you to have fresh out the oven bread on a Tuesday. Just refrigerate it after splitting dough.

https://alexandracooks.com/201...-you-will-ever-make/

Not only is it one of my favorite breads I've ever tasted, it's easy as can be to make. The only change I make is to brush a little butter on top.

Thanks so much Skins! The Pyrex bowls will be delivered by 8am tomorrow and I plan to make the two loaves tomorrow and bring one to my mom for us to have with lunch. I see her every Sunday and we have lunch and then spend a few hours talking. The bread will make it even more special.

Posts: 8740 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Awesome,I hope you guys enjoy it!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21105 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Smudge -- that sounds like it's really tasty. I'll have to try it.

It is, and it's really easy to cook. Throw the chorizo in a skillet, heat on medium for maybe 5-8 minutes. You're not going to cook enough off that it'll brown, so don't try or you'll ruin it. Just get it so it's steaming and spread it evenly around the pan, then pour in your egg mixture over the back of a spatula so it goes in evenly. Dump the cheese in. Turn the heat down a bit and do a continuous, slow stir so it all incorporates. You don't want to cook it until it's dried and lumpy, just all more or less integrated and the same texture. I turn the heat off, tamp everything down with the spatula so it's kinda flat and throw a tortilla right on top to get it to soften. When warm and soft, remove tortilla and spoon some in, wrap your burrito and enjoy.

Some would be tempted to add things like onions, tomatoes, cilantro, etc. to the mixture. I suggest not doing this, it'll end up too wet to make a decent burrito with, and if you cook it until it's not, you're not doing it any favors. Those are fine as fillings added separately after... if you're a heathen. Razz

Posts: 17615 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Awesome,I hope you guys enjoy it!

Jesse, it was awesome!!! So easy to make and so dang good!!! I am going to make this all the time! My mom and wife also loved it. Thank you so much for turning me onto this recipe!

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We're staying at our Daughters home for a week or so. Philly Cheese Steaks tonight that were excellent.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4274 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
Reservations

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1385 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Breakfast for dinner last night.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21105 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
For Independence Day I smoked 3 slabs of ribs.
We ate well.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24572 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Last night was simple - broiled steak, 'taters, and spinach.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53236 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Pork tenderloins fresh off the Traeger smoker. One marinated overnight in a garlic mix, the other in an Island teriyaki - pineapple mix. No rubs. Traeger was at 225F.
Pulled at 140F, rested with internal temp rising to 145F. Super super juicy and tasty. Trumped my old oven roasting method!

Had sautéed onions, corn, and egg noodles... nothing fancy...with the pork medallions carved from the tenderloins. Topped the meal off with Tillamook Toasted Coconut Fudge Gelato! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16509 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
For Independence Day I smoked 3 slabs of ribs.
We ate well.

Chellim1, how do you like that Vision kamado? They seem to be a lot better priced than a BGE for what you get. I have an xl, but if I had more experience with kamados, I would have gotten the large at most.

Posts: 3644 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chellim1, how do you like that Vision kamado? They seem to be a lot better priced than a BGE for what you get.

I like it.
My bro-in-law has the BGE which was a lot more... but he uses it more.
I mostly use the propane grill but when I want to use charcoal this is pretty good.
The only thing I don't like is that at the top it's supposed to be adjustable (where the smoke comes out the top) but it's stuck in one position. I'd bet a good cleaning might free it up but it's kind of annoying. Still, it doesn't really impair function because you can adjust air flow down below.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24572 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Never a bad time for Eggs Benedict. Scored some Canadian bacon so this was a must. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16509 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Sans Hollandaise sauce? Smile I love bennies - I go out once a month for them. Bennie w/ a side of crispy hashbrowns and strips of crispy thick cut bacon. Yum...

I like the looks of your egg yolk. The eggs we buy are relatively tasty but the yolks tend to be much paler and anemic looking compared to the darker yolks you have. It's one thing I like about going to Japan - the yolks there are rich, tasty and have a deeper color like yours. I wish we had better eggs.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13081 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Sans Hollandaise sauce?

There were several spoonfuls on each but by the time I cut the yokes and took the picture the sauce seemed thinned. You can still see the some of the pale yellow of the sauce over the white of the eggs. Roll Eyes

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
There were several spoonfuls on each but by the time I cut the yokes and took the picture the sauce had slid down the sides and into the muffins.

All the same, it looks fantastic.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13081 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Homemade orange chicken and rice, tad too sweet but still good.

Summer rolls that were looser than your bowels after a bag of prunes. But still good too!

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post