SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
https://www.flickr.com/photos/...n/dateposted-public/

Snapper and shrimp.

Pan seared, to halfway. Temperature turned down and finished with Goya sofrito tomato cooking base, rotel fire roasted tomato and chili, crushed olive spread, and capers, with cotija on top.

Seasoning for the fish and shrimp, Caribbean seafood seasoning, with a small amount of old bay, and chipotle, and hot chilies power.

Corn on the cob boiled/steamed with old bay, salt and butter.

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/...n/dateposted-public/

Snapper and shrimp.

Pan seared, to halfway. Temperature turned down and finished with Goya sofrito tomato cooking base, rotel fire roasted tomato and chili, crushed olive spread, and capers, with cotija on top.

Seasoning for the fish and shrimp, Caribbean seafood seasoning, with a small amount of old bay, and chipotle, and hot chilies power.

Corn on the cob boiled/steamed with old bay, salt and butter.

ARman

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Looks good AR!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20808 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Looks good AR!

Thanks! I like trying out different things, this really came out well!

ARman

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Dude!

You ARe da Man!

Another amazing meal Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Homemade salsa, and shredded beef tacos.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20808 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I want to try this, man it sounds good, and looks tasty! How long does it take to smoke the burgers, and do you flip them?

Generally I don't time them, just check them after 10 to 12 minutes, on a smoker you don't have to flip them unless you want grill marks, I do though anyway, out of habit. Probably 30 minutes at 275, checking every 10.

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
My favorite breakfast. I call them hole sandwiches, known by many names, but damn delicious.

Use a wine glass or any appropriately sized object to punch out center of slice of bread that's buttered on both sides. Grill one side, flip over fry egg in the middle, flip back for 30 seconds, I add a sprinkle of cheese and S&P, for a little extra flavor. End up with an egg fried over medium inside of grilled bread.

Jesse,

I FINALLY made this as I was wanting something different for breakfast. It hit the spot for something different, but I don’t think it is something I could have each day. Thanks for the idea!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
SN, yeah it's a little heavy for every day breakfast, perfect for a weekend treat though. Were you able to achieve crispy bread and runny yoke the first attempt?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Ribeye, grilled asparagus, hasselback patatoes, and fresh homemade peasant bread.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
SN, yeah it's a little heavy for every day breakfast, perfect for a weekend treat though. Were you able to achieve crispy bread and runny yoke the first attempt?

I overcooked the yolk a little. It was probably medium well, which was disappointing. I should have listened to your 5 seconds advice.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I've been tweaking Paul Prudhomme's Cajun Meatloaf recipe a few times now, think I've got it right. Cut back on salt, cooked this on grill instead of oven and layered BBQ sauce on the last 5-10 minutes. With some homemade Mac & Cheese and a ciabatta, not bad!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12399 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night, kind of simple. I made chili cheese dogs.

All beef uncured hotdogs.
White America and cheddar cheese.
Chili sauce.

Chili sauce recipe:
2lbs ground beef
1 small onion (more if you like)
1/2 teaspoon powered garlic
1 1/4 all purpose flour
30oz tomato sauce
8oz tomato puree
30oz water
4 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoon of black pepper
2 teaspoon chipotle powder
1 teaspoon cyanne powder
1/2 cup chili powder
1/2 cup chopped pimento
3/4 sugar

1. In a large sauce pan brown beef, onion and garlic.

2. Drain off fat.

3. Add flour to ground beef and mix well.

4. Add remaining ingredients and mix well, simmer and stir uncovered for 3 hours. Or for 30 minutes then transfer to crock pot for 2 hours. Make sure either way the beef is broken up to very small pieces, and mixture is fairly smooth.

5. Serve over hotdogs, fries.

Assembly of gourmet meal.
Add butter to electric skillet heat to highest setting, once butter is melted add hotdog buns and toast.
Add white America and cheddar cheese
All beef hotdogs, cooked in your favorite method
Add chili sauce
Chow Chow and plain yellow mustard.

If the bun, hotdog and chili sauce are hot the cheese will melt into a nice cheesy sauce.

Nice dill pickle and potatoe chips on the side.

ARman.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Last night, I made a pork tenderloin that I seasoned with one of my favorite rib rubs. For a side, I had broccolini.

Tonight, I'm smoking tri-tip and will most likely make my own dalmation rub (back-up is using a premade brisket rub). I haven't decided if I'm going to put the brussel sprouts on the BGE with the tri-tip or do it hot & fast in the oven.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
ARman, here is a tip for your chili, skip draining the meat and brown it on the grill. You don't have to drain it and you get a nice smokey grilled flavor for your chili. As a bonus you get a better browning on the meat because you don't have to fight the water released from the meat into the pan.

I make one pound patties, cook to medium well, smash the juices out of them, purposely letting it flare up a bit. After doing that transfer to pan, chop it up with a spatula and add other ingredients.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
quote:
ARman, here is a tip for your chili, skip draining the meat and brown it on the grill. You don't have to drain it and you get a nice smokey grilled flavor for your chili. As a bonus you get a better browning on the meat because you don't have to fight the water released from the meat into the pan.

I make one pound patties, cook to medium well, smash the juices out of them, purposely letting it flare up a bit. After doing that transfer to pan, chop it up with a spatula and add other ingredients.

I'll give that a try sometime....

Thanks!

ARman

posted Hide Post
Carne guisada last Friday...

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Easy dinner, grilled cheese with leftover homemade bread from night before.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The last few days have not been postworthy, however, to make up for it...

Smoked a big ass NY Strip, seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning . Finally got a moment of dryness, so popped it on the smoker at 275 while I cut the grass, a 45 minute project, plus clean up.

Baked two idaho potatoes on the Weber on Medium for an hour, stabbed, coated with butter, coated the buttered skin with Miracle Blend Seasoning from Alden Mill House, wrapped in foil and left on the grill for an hour, rotate every 15 min a qtr turn, the ife missed the rotation part, still, nothing better than a baked potato on a grill, even if its propane.

Potato opened, filled with butter, sour cream, fresh ground whole pepper and kosher salt.

and since the smoker was up to temp, what better time to smoke a pound of Costco Bacon.

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Leftover prime rib from the weekend, reheated in sous vide, then blackened on grill at 700°.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis