SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It's darned cold here today, prolly won't make it to 90.

So we are making Chili for supper-a new recipe I found that looks great. We love chili on a cold night as it warms us through till we get under the blankets to sleep.

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smoked turkey drumstick with a side of red beans and rice.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Chili today, hot tamale...

Made Chili in the Instapot on slow cook, used the Carroll Shelby Chili spice kit, fresh ground sirloin pre browned with spices, big can of tomato sauce, couple cans of chopped tomatoes with peppers, and the rest of the spice package, combined in the cooked beef.

After it cooked a few hours added in red kidney beans, because that's the way I like it. Cooked up some spaghetti, put in bowl and covered it with chili and beans, topped with mild cheddar.

We're out of white onions, so that got left off, and no oyster crackers, did have some hot sauce to top it with.

Close to Skyline style 4 way as I can get without a road trip

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our chili came out really good. I cut the amount of chili powder down from 1/4 cup to about 3/8 of a cup since not only can I not taste sweet as I noted in the allulose thread, but the radiation left my mouth sensitive to spices. The chili was still pretty hot to me and my wife (who is normal compared to me) said it was quite warm.

We are both warm and cozy, and haven't turned the heat on yet.

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
sounds good, your post got me going on making some Chili and testing the new InstaPot, those things works great

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
No photos, cameras busted on my phone.
4lb roast w carrots & onion in the instant pot, roasted red potatoes on the side.

Turned out fall apart tender. Wife is usually the cook, but was late getting home. First time I've done a roast.
Just bummed I couldn't smell it cooking & could barely taste it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
With the snow here and a chill in the air, a hearty soup sounded like just the ticket. Haven't made any French Onion soup in literally years and years. Off to caramelize a bunch of onions.

Staging the ingredients. Missing are some Parmigiano Reggiano rinds I will add for great flavor while the soup simmers.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Damn that was GOOD! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boy, that looks delicious!! I do loves me some French Onion Soup!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Not quite dinner, more of an early lunch. Grilled burger with mushrooms, jalapeños, and Swiss. A dash of A1 steak sauce on some toasted sourdough bread. A handfull of chips and an ice cold bottle of Champaign to wash it down.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Elk burgers. I'm gonna be dining on lots of elk now. Hope all the hunters out there enjoy their game as much as I am.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I quite enjoy this thread.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Brisket. Local beef, smoked this morning/afternoon, accompanied by 1792 bourbon (in my favorite "bent" glass) and protected by P938.

Baked beans on the side, and maybe some of that multicolored stuff... what's it called? "Salad?" Confused

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
Elk burgers. I'm gonna be dining on lots of elk now. Hope all the hunters out there enjoy their game as much as I am.

Man, I miss elk. I scored an elk 2 out of the 3 hunting seasons I was stationed in WY. Good, lean healthy meat!

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fried crappie and walleye straight from the lake!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
A light one tonight. Homemade cream of mushroom soup with homemade baguettes (lightly toasted with garlic butter).

I'd kill for some walleye right about now. I haven't quite figured out how to catch the damn things yet though.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:

Man, I miss elk. I scored an elk 2 out of the 3 hunting seasons I was stationed in WY. Good, lean healthy meat!

If you were close I'd be happy to share some with ya!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
With a nasty cold front moving in tonight, some hearty soup was called for.

I was inspired by these two:
https://www.thereciperebel.com/cabbage-soup-recipe/
https://harvesttotable.com/mak...soup-kitchen-basics/

So it is a bit of "everything but the kitchen sink" soup. Big Grin It's simmering away and should be good to go for dinner.

2 Onions
3 large Carrots
4 stalks Celery
Celery seed
1 Garlic clove minced
1½ cup Autumn Harvest lentils (Mount Hope Wholesale - Noah aka Beancooker)
46 oz Chicken broth
can of diced tomatoes
2/3 head Cabbage
½ head fresh Broccoli
Roast turkey breast (4 oz leftover - diced)
1 ea Hot Italian sausage (grilled and diced)

... and yes, some elk, antelope, or venison would have been a great addition but alas my larder is empty of such. Frown

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Not bad at all. Big Grin

ADDENDUM (not pictured):
Added 4 grilled and diced skinless-boneless chicken thighs and a couple more diced hot Italian sausages to the left overs for additional protein. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
Stew, with all the usual suspects in there.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post