SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Spicy Italian-New Mexican meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and seared broccoli with garlic.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17597 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pot roast, potatoes, carrots, celery, parsnips, and turnips. Was delicious.

ARman

Posts: 3213 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Spoiled myself with pan seared lemon butter halibut cheeks (stupid expensive), udon noodles, baby peas, and cherry tomatoes.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Spoiled myself with pan seared lemon butter halibut cheeks (stupid expensive)

And worth every penny! I like to dip them in garlic butter.

Posts: 20563 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Grilled salmon, leftover gruyere mac&cheese, fried garlic/parm green beans.

Posts: 20563 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Damn, that looks good! Recipe for green beans?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Just fried in EVOO with minced up garlic (or garlic salt when I'm lazy) and fresh grated parm melted on towards the end.

Probably my favorite way to have green beans.

posted Hide Post
I am having the last piece of the meatloaf, with mashed spuds and gravy, and asparagus with ranch dressing. Of course, with white pita bread.

Posts: 6711 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Nothing fancy and probably an odd combination to most but....

Pan seared lemon butter scallops with fettuccini and corn. Side Greek salad.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Made spaghetti last night, leftovers tonight.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Halibut. Sprinkled with salt/pepper/lemon juice and smothered in a sour cream mayo mixture with green onions, dill, garlic, and a pinch of smoked paprika. Grilled at 450 to about 130 and devoured.

And a salad.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Tonight, abura soba with chicken chunks.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight will be a simple supper. Plan to grill some brats for white deli rolls with onions and Gueldens brown mustard. The side will be steamed mixed veggies with blue cheese dressing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GT-40DOC,

Posts: 6711 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Pan fried crappies fresh caught out of the frozen lake. A side of fried potatoes medley with assorted veggies. Fish out of the frozen lake simply has a better taste than summer caught fish.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Post pics guys!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Pan fried crappies fresh caught out of the frozen lake. A side of fried potatoes medley with assorted veggies. Fish out of the frozen lake simply has a better taste than summer caught fish.

That sounds incredible ! No question about those fish coming out of cold lake water have superior flavor.

Posts: 990 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gumbo

Posts: 3645 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A slight drift although the cornbread was had with dinner tonight.

Been playing with cornbread recipes. While I'd prefer using cast iron, my 10.5" skillets are a tad to big for our tastes providing a thinner result than I'd prefer for the normal "two cup" recipes. I've been using an old camping 8" round - 2" high straight wall aluminum pan without the detachable handle. I line it with lightly greased parchment paper. It works fine. But ideally an 8" cast iron skillet would be my preference. But given I had a pair of Wilton 5.75" x 3" mini loaf pans on hand I decided to forego the oven and any thoughts of acquiring a new cast iron skillet to replace the 8" aluminum pan and try the Cosori air fryer with the Wiltons.

I'm using this recipe which works for our tastes.
1 1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
3 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup melted butter

As an aside a cup each corn meal and flour was too "cake like" for us although quite tasty.

Rather than 400° for 22 minutes in the oven, 330° in the Cosori for 18-22 minutes (toothpick test recommended) works great and will be our go to from now on.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
Seafood boil.
King Crab, mussels, shrimp, potatoes, corn on cob,
Steamed in beer, Old Bay, a little garlic, half sweet onion, butter, and parsley. No sausage as it's lent.

ARman

Posts: 3213 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ That sounds good.

Meatless spaghetti for me. Same reason.

Had planned on grilled salmon but forget to take it out of the freezer this morning.