SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Oh my God that looks good!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12916 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
If we ever get invited to su casa for dinner, that’s what I hope is on the menu.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13081 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I have never had beef wellington. Have been wanting to try it for many years now.

Posts: 13289 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

I have never had beef wellington. Have been wanting to try it for many years now.
You go to Chicago occasionally. It has been many years since I was there, but The Bakery always had Beef Wellington on their menu. I don't know whether The Bakery is still in business. It was always on the list of Chicago's great restaurants when I lived in the area.

Article About The Bakery

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31377 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The Bakery closed in 1989

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16509 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Made some Chateaubriand for the wife on Christmas.
Along with a twice-baked sweet potato, green beans and a glass of cabernet.
Wife did make a keto-friendly version of pecan pie.

Posts: 23190 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
NY Strips on the grill for Christmas dinner

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15970 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
We did Prime Rib, slow cooked in the oven. I made Tipsy Potatoes, wife a Root Vegetable Tian, my best friend added Creme Brulee. We had Creamed Onions, too.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3454 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! This page is full of top shelf cooking.

Posts: 3644 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

The Bakery closed in 1989
I did not know that. Mad

The last time I was there was in the 1970's, when I was dating a beautiful woman, who has been my wife for 44 1/2 years. We had the Wellington.

There was also a Spanish (as in Spain, not Latin America) restaurant that had a very good lamb Wellington.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31377 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
We did Prime Rib, slow cooked in the oven. I made Tipsy Potatoes, wife a Root Vegetable Tian, my best friend added Creme Brulee. We had Creamed Onions, too.

Wow!!! That looks fantastic!

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13081 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Prime Rib on the Lone Star Grillz Offset.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The one meal I look forward to each year is Christmas Eve pierogies and borscht. This year, I was up all night at work and then called back in at 0900. Didn't even get home until 1500 and I wasn't about to start an all day to prepare meal in 2-3 hours on no sleep. So, instead, today I chose to make a pierogi pizza and it's pretty dang good! Didn't let the crust warm up enough so didn't get a great rise out of it, but that's OK. It's still crunchewy.

Posts: 20561 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Another non-traditional meal here.

Everyone has had their fill of great Christmas turkey meal leftovers and then some. And although Christmas Day was snow free, we got hit with a blizzard as midnight approached. So some comfort food was called for this evening, the day after Christmas.

We have here some simple cabbage-sausage soup. Really tasty and perfect to take the chill off. Big Grin

Onion
Celery
Carrots
Cabbage
Diced tomatoes
Chicken stock
Sausage (opted for a hot spicy variety)
Oregano
Basil
Lemon juice
Salt & pepper
...forgot to add some parsley Roll Eyes

No cornbread to go with it as there was still a good supply of Christmas meal dinner rolls.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16509 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful bunch of pictures. Smschulz, the chateaubriand looks amazing. Same with the New York steaks, P250UAS. Many more I didn’t mention, but wow, what a bunch of great food.

If I was to try anything on the last two pages, it would have to be the prime rib by frayedends. The thought of a slow roasted offset fire prime rib… my God, it’s 6:25 in the morning and I’m salivating for steak, and I hate eating before 10 am or so.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4320 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Chili, just in case I don't feel like cooking tomorrow.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21105 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Lasagna

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
I am going to try something brand new to me for New Years supper. I am currently hickory smoking a 1/2 beef 1/2 pork meatloaf. I covered it with ketchup and bacon crumbles and placed a temp probe. Will cook to 165F and then let it rest a bit. Wish me luck, and Happy New Year everyone!!

Posts: 6709 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
had a steak in the fridge, and broke down and just pan fried it

had the staples, black eyed peas, turnip greens and cornbread with it,

and held off on the bubbly till today, so sipping a nice glass of Pannier Champagne whilst I type this

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10569 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post