SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
Seafood boil.
King Crab, mussels, shrimp, potatoes, corn on cob,
Steamed in beer, Old Bay, a little garlic, half sweet onion, butter, and parsley. No sausage as it's lent.

ARman

Sounds like a major sacrifice.... Wink

Also sounds freaking delicious!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started a pot of seafood gumbo late morning. It will simmer all day to have at supper time with rice.

Start my base, add some Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper. Cut up 4 links of hot Italian sausage and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Stir occasionally. When about ready to eat, fix the rice and add the shrimp, crab meat, and clams. Bring it all up to hot. Large bowl with the gumbo, rice in a pile in the middle, and add Tobasco sauce. Plenty of leftovers for other meals.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
[IMG]Plate Beef Ribs https://imgur.com/a/1dK4V4M[/IMG]

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Imagine is asking for my personal information to view. Could you post with another site maybe?

I love beef ribs, I'd love to see them. I've recently found them at grocery store cut to about 1/3 length and I've made them a few times recently. So much easier to deal with in baby back rib sizes.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The link isn’t right no matter what you do to it…

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:

[IMG]Plate Beef Ribs https://imgur.com/a/1dK4V4M[/IMG]
Linky no worky.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Rubbed and smoked tri-tip to 135 and a pile of mashed taters, all drizzled with a pepper cream sauce. And a salad with fresh parm and shallot vinaigrette. I'm stuffed.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made this Greek chicken, and roasted potatoes.
Mighty tasty.

https://youtu.be/uiiFMFAfSNg?si=9F9xHybNNpC2-AUW

Posts: 3595 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'll run the risk of thread drift. Today seemed like a good day to cook breakfast outdoors.

Sausage and eggs on the grill, accompanied by biscuits (also baked on the grill) and some delicious peach preserves. Yum.

Eggs didn't make it into the picture (but were cooked in the sausage grease, yum), and I should have grabbed the biscuits out a minute or so earlier. All in all, though, it turned out to be a mighty tasty breakfast.

Can't imagine why I'm not losing any weight! Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
vth, how did you make the biscuts?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Looks good VT!

Tell me about the griddles in the pics, the grill looks very much like a Genesis. I have one for mine that I toss in there, those look like they may be made for the grill?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Good afernoon, Skins and orc!

This started as an effort to heat up the two rectangular griddles, on the way to a good cleaning and greasing of the smooth side. I had a lot of oil residue to clean off of the smooth sides and placed those toward the flame. I intended to get the heat to about 350-375 degrees (for the biscuits).

The biscuits were Pillsbury Grands, straight from the can. I preheated that flat skillet on the stove for about a minute first, then smeared some butter all over the surface, and dropped the biscuits onto it.

Once the grill was up to temperature, I simply placed the skillet as shown. 12 minutes was a little too much -- 10 or 11 might have been plenty.

The grill is a modest Char-Broil gas grill from Lowes... nothing fancy. The griddles and skillet are Lodge -- also nothing fancy.

17x10 griddles at Lowes

Skillet at Lowes

I don't mind to cook directly on the grill grates, but inevitably something falls through. So I'll usually toss one of these griddles on for burgers, or a small cast iron pot (3-qt Dutch oven?) for cooking squash and zucchini, or some similar arrangement.

A couple of us at work are trying to hatch a plan for a pre-shift breakfast cookout soon, so this was sort of a trial run on the biscuits. I figure with a grill set up for biscuits and another (or maybe a Blackstone) for sausage and eggs, we should be good to go. Now, if we could get away with making a big ol' batch of bloody Mary too, it'd be a great day! Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Well the wife went to our Florida house today. So being left to my own devices, I sous vide this 2 lb prime cowboy ribeye. Seared in avocado oil and butter.

I couldn't finish it. I'm disappointed in myself.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
It's Tex-Mex night for us tonight.
Homemade bean & beef burritos, red rice, homemade guacamole and margaritas coming up for dinner tonight.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
The griddles and skillet are Lodge -- also nothing fancy.

17x10 griddles at Lowes

Saw them at sale at Costco today, weird coincidence.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
And back on the dinner track... ribs!

Coated in Dreamland Shake last night and refrigerated 'til about noon today, then onto the smoker with a mix of cherry and pecan chips.

Five hours later, a drizzle of maple syrup over them, and about 30 minutes more in the smoke. Then about 45 minutes relaxing in the oven at 150 degrees (waiting for friends to get here).

(Pic taken after half the rack had been cut off for serving.)

God bless America.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Very expensive BLT. One of the slabs of bacon that I made was toasted fennel/black pepper. It may not be the best for breakfast, but it makes an amazing BLT.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I thawed out some marinara I had made from my garden last fall, and made it into a meat sauce which I served over rotini.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Baby back ribs and sweet potatoes cooked on the BGE.

Posts: 3595 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a chuck roast in the smoker. It'll be ready around 5:30. I'll have a baked sweet tater and the wife will have a baked tater. We'll was all that down with iced tea.

Posts: 5 | Location: FEMA REIGON V | Registered: April 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post