SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jer830:
Glad to read in the other thread that you are on the mend. I’ve enjoyed seeing your cooking. This looks tasty. Thanks.

Thank you! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Mini burgers.

Sauce is sauteed onions and garlic with some Stubb's jalapeno and honey BBQ sauce.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Pizza, it’s been Mrs Mikes Christmas Eve dinner since she was a tyke.

Tomorrow it’s gonna be steaks though.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11458 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pan seared Red Snapper, pork loin wrapped in bacon, rice, and hoppin' John. With chilled Moscato D'Asti.

ARman

Posts: 3213 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Christmas dinner is Beef Tenderloin, Bologenese, Vegan Marina, Caprese, Garden Salad, Homemade pasta, stuffed mushrooms, garlic bread, asparagus, carrots, roasted potatoes, desert is canoli, Tiramisu and Boston Cream Pie.

Posts: 2837 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wow, those mini burgers look scrumptious.

It's been at least 3-4 years since I last had whole Dungeness crab. The market had a bunch (boat cleaned, cooked and frozen I'm guessing). But looked great. Expensive but tasty. It was a nice holiday treat. Crab with homemade french onion soup on the side.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13086 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Early this morning I put a 10# Boston Butt pork roast in my smoker with hickory wood. I had covered it with my favorite rib rub earlier. It will pretty much take all day @225F, plus the rest. With it will be sausage dressing with pork gravy, and Brussels sprouts with a cheese dressing.....and white pita bread. Carrot cake will do for the dessert.

Tomorrow, I will slice up the remainder of the pork and put it in small vacuum sealed pouches for the freezer. It will supply me with great smoked pork for a large portion of 2024. Merry Christmas everyone!!

Posts: 6711 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Brussels sprouts with a cheese dressing.

Tell me more! I just bought a trunk with about 40+ sprouts attached. I did a dozen the usual way - brined and then flash fried in a wok for 4-5 minutes.

Looking for some variety for the remaining 3-4 dozen or so sprouts. 1 dozen will be wok fried w/ some thick cut bacon, will still have 2-3 dozen left.

It's a Brussel sprout week. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13086 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do mine pretty easy. I steam them in butter sauce until cooked through, drain well, add a thick Roquefort cheese dressing(Bob's)....stir....salt and pepper to taste. They go down real easy!!

Posts: 6711 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I do them in a frying pan with olive oil, kielbasa, garlic, salt and pepper. Just before they finish, I put in some balsamic vinegar.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Christmas dinner was lamb, orange glazed salmon, roasted potatoes, roasted carrots, peas and onions, and mushroom gravy.

We were joined by Mr. And Mrs. V-Tail for a truly lovely day.

Merry Christmas friends!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Smoked plate beef ribs, Costco mac and cheese.
Burp...

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Son brined a 20lb turkey with his special recipe and then smoked it on the Traeger.

Given he worked Christmas Eve and didn't get home until after 3am and then lit off the Traeger at 6:30am, this was a labor of love. His significant other prepped all the traditional side dishes. And a feast was had by all! Wink Big Grin

No longer is dark meat sought as being juicier than white on a turkey. Both are exceptionally juicy and tasty when smoked. Just flat out delectable!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

Christmas dinner was lamb, orange glazed salmon, roasted potatoes, roasted carrots, peas and onions, and mushroom gravy.
Mrs. V-Tail and I can attest to the fact that the tastiness (is that a word?) of the dinner was matched by the fine company. A big thank you to Artie and his lovely lady.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31383 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
orange glazed salmon,

That sounds delicious! I'd like to know more about that. Share a recipe?

quote:
We were joined by Mr. And Mrs. V-Tail for a truly lovely day.

Christmas bonus! Smile

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Honey Glazed Salmon with Orange and Ginger

Ingredients •

2 pound salmon fillet
1/2 cup honey
2 oranges - 1 for zest and juice and 1 for slicing
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger or 1 1/2 teaspoons ground
1 tablespoon fresh grated orange zest 1 orange worth
2 cloves garlic grated
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
Salt and pepper

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lay thin slices of orange in bottom of pan.
3. Rinse and pat dry the salmon fillet and lay on top of orange slices.
4. Liberally salt and pepper entire fillet.
5. Combine honey, grated ginger, grated garlic, orange zest and orange juice in a small bowl.
6. Pour over salmon fillet.
7.Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork and reaches 145 degrees.

If desired place under broiler for 1-2 minutes to additional carmalize.

I over do the orange zest and juice to make it more wet and tender.

I also skin the salmon, so the oranges Pentwater better

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Artie!

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Honey Glazed Salmon with Orange and Ginger

Indeed! Sounds fantastic!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
Prime Rib roast, baked potato, and green bean casserole, with Blue Bell ice cream for dessert.

Posts: 479 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I made a beef Wellington. I cut the best part out of a whole tenderloin. Coleman’s mustard, shiitake and chestnut, prosciutto, and puff pastry.

Damn, it was pretty spectacular.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4322 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post