Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
Member![]() |
I was there _________________________ | |||
|
| Member |
The first time I heard Led Zeppelin it was on a transistor radio on the AM band broadcast by a station that played "Underground Music" at from 8 to 9 PM week nights. It was Communications Breakdown from the first album and it was recently released. Let me help you out. Which way did you come in? | |||
|
| St. Vitus Dance Instructor |
Sheeny man with horse drawn wagon, raiding apple/pear trees, 12 cent comics, filling up car with premium and pack of smokes for less than 5 dollars, Big Mac small fries and small coke and got change back from a dollar. | |||
|
אַרְיֵה![]() |
I remember those deliveries, via 1 hp wagons. הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים | |||
|
| Member |
I remember an old black man delivering vegetables from the Bronx Terminal Market to small groceries near the "El" on third Ave and 149th St in a one horse drawn wagon. In NYC. Light bender eye mender ___________________________________________________________ Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may. Sam Houston | |||
|
| Member |
One finger raised: Howdy, y'all Two fingers: All y'all (covers multiple people in the passing truck) Light bender eye mender ___________________________________________________________ Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may. Sam Houston | |||
|
| Member |
I remember helping my grandmother (a building superintendent in the South Bronx) haul clinkers from the furnace up to the street in baby sized, but incredibly heavy, metal trash cans. And watching the coal delivery from a bobtail truck down the chute into the basement, knowing I'd be hauling it up later. Light bender eye mender ___________________________________________________________ Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may. Sam Houston | |||
|
Not really from Vienna![]() |
Polio vaccine in first grade, administered in the school cafetorium, on a sugar cube. | |||
|
| Staring back from the abyss |
Who still has their smallpox scar? ________________________________________________________ It is long past time for a Convention of States. The Founding Fathers gave us this tool to fix an out of control government and we need to use it. | |||
|
| Member |
I managed to throw my back out while sleeping. | |||
|
| Member |
45 ACP was $10.00 a box. Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future. I would rather meet a slick-sleeve private, than a hollywood star! | |||
|
| Political Cynic |
I remember the last Gemini launch. Our milk was delivered to the front steps in glass bottles. Walking to school I could walk into the dairy and buy a bottle of chocolate milk with a paper cap for a nickel. My grandparents had a phone located outside the house in the front porch. Hand crank party line. I built my first AM radio with a kit from Radio Shack. Those were good days. | |||
|
| Freethinker |
Posting a comment that doesn’t have anything to do with “saying” something—? “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” — Plato | |||
|
| Member |
I miss newspapers, especially the fat Sunday one. | |||
|
| Member |
Mine was Hugger Orange with black stripes. The “POLICE" Their job Is To Save Your Ass, Not Kiss It The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith | |||
|
| Member |
*************************** Knowing more by accident than on purpose. | |||
|
| Member |
Smilin’ Ed’s Gang and Pinky Lee. | |||
|
Member![]() |
Does that ever bring back memories. _________________________________________________________________________ “A man’s treatment of a dog is no indication of the man’s nature, but his treatment of a cat is. It is the crucial test. None but the humane treat a cat well.” -- Mark Twain, 1902 | |||
|
| No, not like Bill Clinton ![]() |
^^^I can still taste that horrendous water
They stopped mandating them shortly before I was born but Uncle Sam made sure I got it. | |||
|
| Age Quod Agis |
Gas was $0.48 John Glenn on the stairs - "One small step..." Rotary phone and party line. My friend lived across the street and was in a different state, therefore a long distance call. "I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation." Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II. | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

