Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
Drill Here, Drill Now![]() |
This thread is meant to be light hearted good humor. I'll go first with my example of how to say you're old without saying you're old: When I was in elementary school, the art teacher had us do projects where we made ashtrays for our parents. For those who've never seen a how to say you're old without saying you're old, here are a few ideas: Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer. | ||
|
Lost![]() |
The year I was born there were only 48 states. | |||
|
Member![]() |
Hang up the phone. Roll up that window. Anyone seen the yellow pages? Where's that map we got from the gas station? _____________________________________________ I may be a bad person, but at least I use my turn signal. | |||
|
| Member |
Get off my lawn. | |||
|
| Was that you or the dog? ![]() |
Beubg born in the 1900's or in the prior century. ___________________________ "Opinions vary" -Dalton | |||
|
| Shaman |
Rotary phone. Wooden console TV old. Position the TV fishbone arial old. He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. | |||
|
| Member |
Black and White TV, Phone Booth, Slide Rule. | |||
|
| Three Generations of Service ![]() |
Rotary dial phone on a party line. ONE phone, it was in the kitchen and the cord to the handset was about 15 feet long. And the bakelite handset weighed about 5 pounds. No such thing as a telemarketer. If your it was your ring (ours was two longs and a short) you answered it. Long distance calls were a huge deal. Grades K through 4 in a one-room country schoolhouse with outhouses. Girls in my 8th grade class lost their shit when The Beatles were on Ed Sullivan. Jeans (aka bluejeans, levis) were not allowed in High School, nor were Tee shirts. Polo's were grudgingly acceptable but button-down was definitely preferred. Public school, BTW. Cars didn't have seatbelts, or if they did, they were tucked behind the seats. $5 was enough to take your girl to the Drive In and get a burger after, plus put some gas in Dad's car. Chamber pot under the bed at my Aunt's house so you didn't have to stumble out to the outhouse at night. Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent. | |||
|
| The Unmanned Writer |
Calling your grandparents long-distance and needing to pause after talking because of the delay. Checking pay phones [as a kid] to see if there are any dimes in them (NOTE: ALWAYS look first - someone may have spit in the coin return!) Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own... | |||
|
Firearms Enthusiast![]() |
When your about to rear end or slam on the breaks to keep from hitting something you automatically extend your right arm out to keep your kid from hitting the dash, going through the windshield or balling up in the floorboard. That was just good parenting back in the day before seatbelts and the days of front seats six feet wide and hard metal dashes. My wife is 6 months older than me and still sticks her arm out if things get tight. | |||
|
| Member |
Three-wheeled Mailster scooters used by the postman. | |||
|
| Void Where Prohibited |
Free glassware when you filled your gas tank S&H Green stamps Kerosene pumps at the gas station TV antenna rotor Transistor radios were the new technology Greenie Stickem caps "If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards | |||
|
| Just because you can, doesn't mean you should |
Now that you mention it, I was in Kindergarten around the time you were born. Just after 9 out of 10 doctors stopped recommending smoking Camel's. They did still recommend smoking, based on the ad's anyway. Seatbelts weren't yet in cars. ___________________________ Avoid buying ChiCom/CCP products whenever possible. | |||
|
DeadHead![]() |
I can remember watching the last Apollo rocket launch. "Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II "You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall | |||
|
| No, not like Bill Clinton ![]() |
leaded gas Seat belts? Pshhhhhhhh | |||
|
Legalize the Constitution![]() |
I had a ‘65 Chevelle SS. I have a distinct memory of putting $2 gas in it before going cruising on a Friday night. _______________________________________________________ despite them | |||
|
| Member |
Watching Dana Hersey and the Movie Loft during the 2nd intermission of Boston Bruins games on Channel 38. | |||
|
| So let it be written, so let it be done... ![]() |
Oh!! It’s late… I need to get home to watch Matlock! 'veritas non verba magistri' | |||
|
Get Off My Lawn![]() |
I used to have interactive TV back in the day, I played Winky Dink. "I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965 | |||
|
| Member |
My response when people ask how I am. Peachy keen. Because son, it is what you are supposed to do. | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

