SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to Say You're Old, Without Saying You're Old
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
How to Say You're Old, Without Saying You're Old Login/Join 
Member
Picture of heydrich
posted Hide Post
When you take your garbage carts out to the curb and you have to think…………do I have pants on?
Or………you remember something, is it really a memory or just something you saw on TV a long, long time ago.


“I'm fat because every time I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Is committed to helping increasing carbon emissions.
 
Posts: 713 | Location: The Other Side of Morning  | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I watched Jack Lalanne on a black and white TV.



You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
 
Posts: 30906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heydrich:
When you take your garbage carts out to the curb and you have to think…………do I have pants on?
Or………you remember something, is it really a memory or just something you saw on TV a long, long time ago.


Hahaha. I have this dream of me going outside to move my sprinklers around and I am in my whitty tiddy underwear.

Guess I will know that i cannot be trusted on my own when it really happens. Lol
 
Posts: 18744 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I went through airport security today, and the nice young lady TSA agent asked me if I had any internal metal in my body.

I don’t, but apparently I look old enough to have some.
 
Posts: 1630 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
My girlfriend sitting next to me on bench seat with no seat belts in a Dodge Power Wagon cruising a main drag on a Saturday night.

Being at an outdoor rock concert with the Doors, Buffalo Springfield, or the Byrds standing just feet away from me.
 
Posts: 5 | Location: Arizona | Registered: September 14, 2026Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of skywag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I watched Jack Lalanne on a black and white TV.


A few years ago, my wife and I were on Maui.....in a hotel. We were out on the balcony, and Jack was in the next room. He came out on his balcony and thrust out his hand for a handshake...."Hi! I'm Jack Lalanne!!

Unfortunately, he was dying, and we heard him coughing all night.
 
Posts: 207 | Location: United States | Registered: January 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I got a gem from my cousin today:

My band's MySpace site only exists on the wayback machine



Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
 
Posts: 25813 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
We used Mercurochrome on cuts


 
Posts: 7023 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Body shaming was not only acceptable, it made the Hit Parade. Remember the Too Fat Polka?



הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
 
Posts: 33808 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Just went on vacation… had to carry a separate drug bag for the first time…



If things changed, things would be different.
 
Posts: 4481 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Many of my favorite rock stars are getting hip replacements
 
Posts: 634 | Location: Glide, Oregon | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Calling the tidy bowl commercial line
 
Posts: 1667 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I remember when you had to remove the door when throwing away a busted fridge.

And the trash pickup guys would just haul it away on trash day, no "special pickup" call needed.
 
Posts: 8141 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My parents called scouring powder “Bab-O”.
 
Posts: 27721 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
My parents called scouring powder “Bab-O”.





הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
 
Posts: 33808 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
We had this bar of stuff called "Griswold's Salve" It was oleate of lead in a hard resin. You lit a match, melted the surface of it, wiped the hot salve on a bandage, and put it (still fucking hot) on an infected wound, or buried splinter. It would kill the bacteria in the wound and pull off the dead tissue when you removed the bandage. If you had a splinter, it would draw the splinter, and when you removed it, the splinter would be standing up in the salve.

I touched a spiderweb broken window once as a kid, and drove a number of clear glass splinters into the tip of my index finger. Painful as hell, and invisible. My dad put a bandaid with Griswold's on it, and the next day, we pulled a group of splinters that looked like a flower out of the tip of my finger. All glass removed, no infection.

Loved the stuff. No longer available because "lead is bad".

I still have about a 3/4 inch stub of the stuff.




"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
 
Posts: 13697 | Location: Florida, Northwest of the Mouse | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
They would play the national anthem and the tv would go into a test pattern. Black and White. After the late news.
 
Posts: 949 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I saw people buying cigarettes from vending machines



You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
 
Posts: 30906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I saw people buying cigarettes from vending machines
For 25¢



הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
 
Posts: 33808 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Was it mentioned here already?

Seat heaters. Not *only* good for cold days. Wink




Politicians seem to have forgotten that they work for us, not the other way around.
— — — — — — — — — — — —
God bless America.
 
Posts: 16407 | Location: VA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to Say You're Old, Without Saying You're Old

© SIGforum 2026