Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| No More Mr. Nice Guy |
That was Neil, not John who said it. Glen said, "Zero G, and I feel fine". | |||
|
| Age Quod Agis |
That's right! Glenn was Mercury, Armstrong was the guy on the stairs. Something something something about getting old... "I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation." Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II. | |||
|
| Member |
Was it "one small step for man" or "one small step for a man"? | |||
|
| Member |
"for Man" I heard him say it live. If it's confusing, just remember, it was The Sixties! -------------------------- Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H L Mencken I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is. -- JALLEN 10/18/18 | |||
|
אַרְיֵה![]() |
He later confirmed that he said "a man" -- the 'a' was mostly masked by static. הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים | |||
|
| Member |
I think "Blazing Saddles" covered it unintentionally when they referred to "Authentic American Jibberish" -------------------------- Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H L Mencken I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is. -- JALLEN 10/18/18 | |||
|
| delicately calloused |
The Fuller Brush man. You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier | |||
|
| Member |
"Can you get me a cold drink out of the ice box please?" Or, "Did you watch Clutch Cargo on TV this morning?" | |||
|
| Void Where Prohibited |
And the Electrolux and Hoover vacuum salesmen. "If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards | |||
|
| No, not like Bill Clinton ![]() |
I had a "Grit" paper route | |||
|
| Thank you Very little ![]() |
Charles Chips - delivered, so good, cookies, chips, pretzels Milk delivered in jugs to the house Watched the First man on the moon while laying on a bean bag on the floor covered in orangeish shag carpeting. Watching JFK shooting, seeing the draft numbers coming up on the TV for Vietnam, Riding across KY on Rt 60 in the back seat of a 1962 Impala without seatbelts, laying up on the rear package shelf and watching for Mr. Peabodys Coal Shovel in Western KY hoping it was up close to the road. | |||
|
| Void Where Prohibited |
Staying up late watching the Jack Paar show. "If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards | |||
|
| Member |
I was trying to by better beer in a marginal beer cave the other day. It was for 50+ aged guys. I ended up grabbing some 6% alcohol energy drink, kinda thinking it was an IPA. The sales lady looked at me funny, then asked if I knew what it was? After she explained it I put it back & bought some ‘2 hearted IPA’, MI made. She seemed to think I was too old for the drink. | |||
|
always with a hat or sunscreen![]() |
Liking the radio show with the refrain "Plunk your magic twanger Froggy!" And then later there was Buffalo Bob and the Buckeroos. Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club! USN (RET), COTEP #192 | |||
|
| SIGforum's Indian Off the Reservation ![]() |
As a child, I often heard the term "back forty," or "north forty" to describe something far away. I never really understood it. When looking for property to buy in CO years later, I noticed most parcels were 40 acres, and then it hit me as to what the "back forty" was. Owning a couple of 40 acre parcels now, the wife and I use this term often now. Younger people probably have no idea what we're talking about, like me, when I was younger. Mike You can run, but you cannot hide. If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them. | |||
|
| Thank you Very little ![]() |
| |||
|
| delicately calloused |
Cal Worthington and his dog Spot. You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier | |||
|
אַרְיֵה![]() |
Stationed at NAS Chincoteague (VA), driving home to the NYC area for weekends, we would take a break and fill up coming off the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Usually around 25¢, but there were frequent price wars that brought it down to the high teens. הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים | |||
|
| My other Sig is a Steyr. ![]() |
Back when a credit card was a metal embossed plate crimped to a piece of cardboard, I could be a Thousandaire! Don't pass cars, On a curve or hill, If the cops don't get you, Morticians will! Burma-Shave! | |||
|
"Member"![]() |
Today I was in need of some penlight batteries. | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

