Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Purveyor of Fine Avatars ![]() |
A student at the school I’d worked at in San Francisco was wearing his tie around his head and I said he looked like Rambo. He asked me who that was. I got into an argument with another one who said Pocahontas copied Avatar. "I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes" | |||
|
| Member |
You are the first person I have known that remembers Winky Dink my favorite Saturday morning show. My sister & I would fight over who got to draw the bridge for Winky Dink to cross the creek. __________________________________________________ If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit! Sigs Owned - A Bunch | |||
|
| Run Silent Run Deep ![]() |
Mr Yuk stickers given out in school… Time for timer… Hunter safety course given during school… _____________________________ Pledge allegiance or pack your bag! The problem with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money. - Margaret Thatcher Spread my work ethic, not my wealth | |||
|
| No, not like Bill Clinton ![]() |
2nd grade show and tell with my new Marlin model 60 | |||
|
| Void Where Prohibited |
Saturday mornings watching Crusader Rabbit, Andy's Gang and Roy Rogers The Russian launch of Laika Telstar My parents having my brother and I sleep in their bedroom a couple nights during the Cuban missile crisis "If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards | |||
|
| Member |
I bought a Remington Nylon 66 at JC Penny's. They were stacked up in the entrance area so picked one up & walked over to the counter, paid the $50.00 & carried it out to my car. __________________________________________________ If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit! Sigs Owned - A Bunch | |||
|
| Member |
Little metal box on porch with glass bottles of milk in it every other morning. Sky King, Spin and Marty, Roy and Dale, and best of all The Lone Ranger. | |||
|
Member![]() |
And dishes in the laundry detergent. _________________________________________________________________________ “A man’s treatment of a dog is no indication of the man’s nature, but his treatment of a cat is. It is the crucial test. None but the humane treat a cat well.” -- Mark Twain, 1902 | |||
|
| Member |
I remember Alan Shepard's first flight into space, Whippersnapper! -------------------------- Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H L Mencken I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is. -- JALLEN 10/18/18 | |||
|
| Three Generations of Service ![]() |
My buddy when I was going to the one room school had the only TV in the neighborhood. It was quite a treat to go to his house (which conveniently, was right next to the school) and watch those shows. Good memories! Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent. | |||
|
Firearms Enthusiast![]() |
It’s 10 PM do you know where your children are? | |||
|
| On the wrong side of the Mobius strip ![]() |
Cigarette vending machines in the supermarket, diner, etc. | |||
|
| Member |
Being your fathers tv remote control | |||
|
| Member |
The "no more chicken fat" song in school. Home delivered milk and eggs. Tater chips, too. I delivered the newspaper, which most people wanted me to bring into the house. End of Earth: 2 Miles Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles | |||
|
Lost![]() |
Nuclear emergency drills (duck & cover). As though it would help. | |||
|
| Member |
Fondly remember upgrading my IBM Portable PC by installing a 10MB hard drive as a high school senior. | |||
|
| Member |
10 cent ice cream sandwiches and a morning milk tray at elementary school Playing a video game called pong Staying outside all day long in the burning heat and freezing cold, then drinking water out of a faucet No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain | |||
|
| Void Where Prohibited |
'Pin Boys' that sat down the end of the alley and manually set up bowling pins, cleared the deadwood and put the ball in the return ramp. "If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards | |||
|
| Member |
Picking up the phone to call my friend but Mrs. Murphy down the street was already on the party line. Mrs. Murphy was always on the party line. ____________ Pace | |||
|
A Grateful American![]() |
I remember when they put in the dirt roads... "the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

