SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Passengers Furious After Hundreds of Flights Cancelled…Reported ‘Sick Out’ by Pilots and ATC Due to COVID [Vaccine] Mandate
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passengers Furious After Hundreds of Flights Cancelled…Reported ‘Sick Out’ by Pilots and ATC Due to COVID [Vaccine] Mandate Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ordinarily, I would agree with you about the illegal job actions under the Railway Labor Act. Ordinarily, one simply does not walk out, cancelling a thousand flights. You may be right about the ending of careers, but I think you are essentially wrong about this: "It's the suicide of a career for no gain. There are other means, but walking off the job without a legal leg up on which to stand.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I remember what happened when PATCO walked out. Those folks never worked again in their profession.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
It is simply AMAZING how polarizing this issue is.

It shouldn't be. It should really show everyone how fragile our existence is.

I'm astounded by how entrenched each side is. Simply astounded.
Why is it amazing? My side of this is doing what we've always done- deciding for ourselves what we will and will not put into our bodies. The leftists then go absolutely apeshit, bouncing around like monkeys on meth. That is where the divide comes in. These hypocrites have gone from "my body, my choice" to "The government and Blessed Saint Fauci says you must take the vaccine!!!!" You talk about each side being entrenched. No. The blame for all of this rests entirely upon the brainwashed, meddling assholes insisting that we do what they want. Mental midgets, hypocrites, busybodies and fascists is what they are. The rest of us are right where we've always been.

I don't get what you mean that it shows how fragile is our existence. Civilization has always had a thin veneer of civility on its surface but this ridiculous crap is not indicative of that. What all of this shows is that too many people are gullible and don't do their own thinking and it shows that leftists will always try to force their beliefs on others.

Posts: 107486 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
My wife is in the high-risk group (as am I) and wasn't enamored with me traveling the globe and returning to possibly bring it home.

Except the experimental "vaccines" won't prevent that, anyway. So...?

The most the experimental "vaccines" have been shown to do is reduce the likelihood of serious illness in older age groups. That's it.

quote:
Some resist vaccination as a matter of choice, while others do it based on a belief that it may be ineffective, or may harm, ...

My wife and I are shunning the experimental "vaccines" for all three of those reasons.

quote:
Presently the only mandated vaccine for those flying internationally is yellow fever, but the covid issue is global and it's almost certain to become a metric of travel, entry into countries, etc.

It already has in my wife's home country. Thus we won't be going there any longer. This was as much her decision as mine.

quote:
... you don't work for an airline. ... One can't simply walk off the job, ...

Oh? So being an airline pilot is like being in the U.S. military? You can't just one day decide "Frack this, I'm outta here," and walk off the job?

I did not know that.

quote:
There are other means, but walking off the job without a legal leg up on which to stand, is not one of them, regardless of what part of the rat you give.

There are ways to say enough, but cancelling a thousand flights is not one of them, nor is it professional, or responsible.

And those ways would be...?

The airline industry doesn't give a rat's ass about its employees or customers. It's proven that numerous times over the last few decades. Sure, once-upon-a-time it cared about the quality of its product. That hasn't been the case for a long time. As long as pilots keep piloting and passengers keep submitting themselves to the indignities that are modern air travel, the airline company executives will keep doing what they do.

What you're saying, in effect, is airline employees should wait until it suits the airlines to stop doing their jobs, rather than when it suits the employees.

Yeah... frack that. These people are being threatened with losing their jobs for not risking their health on experimental "vaccines" that have been proven neither efficacious, nor safe, nor necessary. I don't blame them one bit.

(Admittedly, this is easy for me to say. Other than delivery of products I depend upon the airlines not at all. [I like it that way.])

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Why is it amazing? My side of this is doing what we've always done- deciding for ourselves what we will and will not put into our bodies. The leftists then go absolutely apeshit, bouncing around like monkeys on meth. That is where the divide comes in. These hypocrites have gone from "my body, my choice" to "The government and Blessed Saint Fauci says you must take the vaccine!!!!" You talk about each side being entrenched. No. The blame for all of this rests entirely upon the brainwashed, meddling assholes insisting that we do what they want. Mental midgets, hypocrites, busybodies and fascists is what they are. The rest of us are right where we've always been.

I don't get what you mean that it shows how fragile is our existence. Civilization has always had a thin veneer of civility on its surface but this ridiculous crap is not indicative of that. What all of this shows is that too many people are gullible and don't do their own thinking and it shows that leftists will always try to force their beliefs on others.

AMEN !

Posts: 254 | Location: Stafford, VA | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's "illegal" for those who refuse the (not a vaccine) vaccine to not show up to work, but it's perfectly "legal" for employers to make them stay home or flat out fire them.

quote:
I don't know any pilots who have refused the yellow fever vaccine on the basis that they were required to get it

That's a great point! I wonder if there are any differences? Let's see!

Yellow fever vaccine has been around for over 80 years.

Yellow fever vaccine is a traditional vaccine made from an actual weakened source of the virus.

Most people get lifelong protection from a single shot.

Since it was introduced in 1936, there have been just 62 confirmed cases and 35 deaths from vaccine-associated viscerotropic disease, according to a 2016 study.

Essentially the exact same thing. No idea why one would have a problem with one but not the other.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm not entrenched at all. When someone wants to get me to participate I ask why. I examine their reasoning and tell them yes or no. There has been NONE of that from the left. Absolutely none. It's all "You WILL do this; you WILL do that". And if you question them in any way shape or form? YOU are the bad guy. YOU are the danger. YOU are the terrorist. Well guess what? I don't take orders from communists. Especially those communists who won't even follow their own rules. How many times have these petty tyrants been caught violating their own edicts? And don't you dare question them on it.

No, the people who are asking questions and going about their lives without masks, without vaccines, without "social distancing" (Stalin would be proud of that phrase) are not the ones who are entrenched. They are the ones who have made the personal risk assessment and decided they want to live a normal life. It's the communists who want to suppress any dissent to their authority. It's the communists who are entrenched. Because the communist cannot succeed when people decide to live as free men.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Why is it amazing? My side of this is doing what we've always done- deciding for ourselves what we will and will not put into our bodies. ...

To piggyback off of what Para was saying:

Tucker Carlson:
“We’re going to do something a little different for the next hour, we are going to try to explain what this country is fighting itself about. What are the lines that divide us? It is pretty obviously not the old partisan divide that the rest of us grew up with, Republican versus Democrat, you’ve figured that out now. You look over at the Democratic side you see Rashida Tlaib, you’re pretty certain she is not on your side, obviously,” Carlson began.

“But then the question is, is Mitch McConnell on your side? And the answer as you well know is no, not really. So what divides us? What is the dividing line? And it’s really simple. The people in charge are intent on replacing our free democratic system with an authoritarian system where they don’t convince you of anything, they simply make you do things and they benefit from that,” he said.

“There are people in this country who are opposed to that. They are anti-authoritarian, and if you look at who we book on this show, that may explain why we do it. You may have noticed, we have a lot of former lefties on the show — Glenn Greenwald, is the most obvious; Alex Berenson as well, and many others. Now, we probably don’t agree with these people on a lot of things. Are we on the same side on abortion? We’ve never asked,” he said.

“But one thing we know for certain is that they are totally opposed to authoritarianism, so that really is the divide. People are for an authoritarian America and those who are for a free America, it’s that simple, and once you start to understand politics through that lens, you figure out what’s really going on,” he added.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Because the communist cannot succeed when people decide to live as free men.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a pilot but I've done a lot of international travel in the past decade. I've had all the vaccines for everything available.

Hepatitis A - one shot
Hepatitis B - three shots - 1st, 2nd a month later, 3rd 6 months later
TDaP - once every 10 years
Typhus - once every 2 years
Adult Polio Booster - one shot during my 40's
Yellow Fever - one shot

I get the annual flu shot if I happen to be getting other shots or seeing a practitioner for another reason that can do it during the same visit. But I don't go out of my way to always get a flu shot.

And yes I got the Pfizer vaccine as soon as it was available for my age group because it will be mandatory for international travel and at my age with no significant confounding factors.

Some vaccines work well with one shot, some need multiple shots, some need periodic shots for your whole life. The fact that COVID vaccines are not 100% effective, or need more than one shot, or may need boosters later on is not particularly surprising to me.

Hell, I've flown on local airlines in China and India, high speed trains in China, and have ridden in taxis, private cars, and other ground transportation in the insane traffic and chaos of many large cities in Asia. Pretty sure my risk of death in a transport related accident is higher than from COVID or a vaccine.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Anyone want to start a pool on whether or not the pilots and the rest decide that a sick-out around Thanksgiving would be highly effective? At this point I think people's anger would be (quite properly) directed at the airlines rather than the people refusing to knuckle under.

That's a knife that cuts deep.

It’s really cheap and easy for me to support that action as we’ve had driving plans for Thanksgiving for weeks. I’d still support it anyway if I didn’t.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
“But one thing we know for certain is that they are totally opposed to authoritarianism, so that really is the divide. People are for an authoritarian America and those who are for a free America, it’s that simple, and once you start to understand politics through that lens, you figure out what’s really going on,”

Tucker is the only news commentator on FOX, or anywhere widely seen, who gets it. He looks beyond the partisan divide. He sees that tyranny is not simply a partisan issue, but an elitist attitude of entitlement which leads to oppression.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24054 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Some vaccines work well with one shot, some need multiple shots, some need periodic shots for your whole life. The fact that COVID vaccines are not 100% effective, or need more than one shot, or may need boosters later on is not particularly surprising to me.

Hell, I've flown on local airlines in China and India, high speed trains in China, and have ridden in taxis, private cars, and other ground transportation in the insane traffic and chaos of many large cities in Asia. Pretty sure my risk of death in a transport related accident is higher than from COVID or a vaccine.

It sounds like you are for mandatory vaccination. Was that the point you were trying to make?

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:

Why is it amazing? My side of this is doing what we've always done- deciding for ourselves what we will and will not put into our bodies. ...

To piggyback off of what Para was saying:

Tucker Carlson:
“We’re going to do something a little different for the next hour, we are going to try to explain what this country is fighting itself about. What are the lines that divide us? It is pretty obviously not the old partisan divide that the rest of us grew up with, Republican versus Democrat, you’ve figured that out now. You look over at the Democratic side you see Rashida Tlaib, you’re pretty certain she is not on your side, obviously,” Carlson began.

“But then the question is, is Mitch McConnell on your side? And the answer as you well know is no, not really. So what divides us? What is the dividing line? And it’s really simple. The people in charge are intent on replacing our free democratic system with an authoritarian system where they don’t convince you of anything, they simply make you do things and they benefit from that,” he said.

“There are people in this country who are opposed to that. They are anti-authoritarian, and if you look at who we book on this show, that may explain why we do it. You may have noticed, we have a lot of former lefties on the show — Glenn Greenwald, is the most obvious; Alex Berenson as well, and many others. Now, we probably don’t agree with these people on a lot of things. Are we on the same side on abortion? We’ve never asked,” he said.

“But one thing we know for certain is that they are totally opposed to authoritarianism, so that really is the divide. People are for an authoritarian America and those who are for a free America, it’s that simple, and once you start to understand politics through that lens, you figure out what’s really going on,” he added.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZWEsd7GJ5sk" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

He nailed that.
Personal choice. Personal decision. Those 2 things are what the Left hates the most.
There are more people thinking and making their own choice on a myriad of subjects right now and that's what causes division. Some hate that and think the government is all knowing. They'll gobble that shit up by the bowl. No questions asked. Click of the heels and yes sir.
I'm not doing it to thumb my nose at the government, the Left or anyone else. As Para said, "I'm doing what I've always done". Freedom to do what I want including how I take care of myself.

I made a simple analogy a while ago somewhere else concerning another Pfizer product. While it's not a vaccine, I think it still serves as a precaution. The drug was called Celebrex. Marketed as a arthritis medicine and it worked. Hell, I took it for my knee at one time. Years later after it was introduced, they found out the side effects were greater than the benefits so it was pulled by Pfizer.
Now in my mind, why can't the same thing happen here? Is a vaccine that different than an oral medicine? Could it not have some type of effect later down the road? I've heard some doctors say that if nothing happens within 2 weeks of the vaccine, you should be fine. That's when side effects should present themselves. Supposedly. How do they know? This is newer medicine technology. No long term testing because it's only been available for less than a year.

So I say no because of the reasons. Also because I have personal choice in what I do as I have always had and as I've always done. Again, what I've always done. I haven't changed, others have.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:...This virus, which has very high survival rate if you got it, has successfully been politicized by these tyrants into some kind of bogeyman that will wipe out mankind. Ridiculous.

What are you, like, some kind of doctor or something?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

It sounds like you are for mandatory vaccination. Was that the point you were trying to make?

No it doesn't "sound like" I said anything supporting mandates, because I didn't. I said, for me, the risk of other things in my life is higher than the risk of the vaccine so that was my choice. I also do not agree with stating that "vaccines don't work" because of the reasons given.

The irony is that COVID mortality risk is actually very low for most people. Almost all of the deaths are in older people with multiple confounding risk factors. But the general population has been scared into thinking it is 10-100x worse than it really is. Polls regularly show people overestimate the risk by orders magnitude.

The mortality risk from any of the vaccines is also very low. Statistically, for most people the choice is indifferent - 99.9% of people aren't going to die from COVID and aren't going to die from a vaccine. But for some people there is a better choice one way or another and those choices should be respected. Young people with zero mortality risk of COVID do not need vaccines. Elderly people with confounding factors are better off getting vaccinated and probably getting booster shots.

The problem with the data is almost no one is reporting it honestly. Unless you look at rates of vaccination as a function of age and confounding factors and rates of hospitalization and death with respect to age, confounding factors, and vaccination status, you are not seeing the full story. You can cut the data any way you want and use a few calculations to imply the data says whatever you want it to say.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:

Interesting choice of words.
Now to clarify, on which side of the line do you stand?

I’m for no mandatory vaccination.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Ordinarily, I would agree with you about the illegal job actions under the Railway Labor Act. Ordinarily, one simply does not walk out, cancelling a thousand flights. You may be right about the ending of careers, but I think you are essentially wrong about this: "It's the suicide of a career for no gain. There are other means, but walking off the job without a legal leg up on which to stand.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I remember what happened when PATCO walked out. Those folks never worked again in their profession.
True for many, probably most, but not all. A friend was a PATCO controller who happened to be on vacation when the strike happened. They called him in, he didn’t get the message, he got fired. After working as a pilot (ended up as chief pilot and director of ops for an AA commuter), was recruited back to SEATAC.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
As Southwest Cancels 100s More Flights On Monday, Ron Paul Opines On The 'Great Rebellion' Over Vaccine Mandates

The incredible cruelty and folly of forced vaccines finally came home to roost. The vaccine mandate backlash has been bubbling just under the surface, but now it has spilled out into the open, threatening to completely derail an already crumbling economy and to obliterate a deeply unpopular US President and Administration.

Seemingly out of nowhere what appears to be a Southwest Airlines rebellion has taken flight this weekend. According to media reports, scores of pilots and other Southwest employees have coordinated the taking of “sick days” to use them up in advance of a Southwest Airlines mandate to get the jab or lose the job. Over Saturday and Sunday more than 2,000 flights have been cancelled, with airports experiencing full-on mayhem.

The Southwest Airlines Pilots Association is suing the airline over the imposed vaccine mandate, bolstering the claim that there is a “sick out” underway among angry Southwest pilots.

The mainstream media is doing its best to keep a lid on the expanding rebellion against the vaccine mandates, and Southwest Airlines itself is blaming the cancellations on bad weather and a lack of air traffic controllers. However, the weather problems that Southwest claims to be experiencing seem unique to that carrier: no other airline (thus far) is reporting such weather-related cancellations. And FAA spokesperson Steve Kulm told USA Today that “No FAA air traffic staffing shortages have been reported since Friday."

Will other pilots, such as at American Airlines, follow suit? Rumors are circling that this is only the beginning.

Over the past few weeks, thousands of nurses, medical workers, and first responders have either quit or been fired for refusing to receive a medical treatment they do not want or need. The “nursing shortage” that Democrat politicians and the mainstream media had been blaming on “rising Covid cases” has been in reality a man-made disaster of historic proportions. The nursing crisis is not caused by “Covid” – cases have been in decline in the US for weeks. It is caused by the firing of medical personnel who refuse to take the experimental Covid shots.

The stupidity of adopting a policy of firing healthcare workers while at the same time claiming that there is a raging pandemic gripping the country has not been lost on Americans. President Biden’s polling numbers have unsurprisingly been in freefall, with major Democrat candidates like Virginia's Terry McAuliffe openly complaining that the deeply unpopular Biden is threatening him in a tight race for governor.

While Biden Administration lackeys like Fauci are telling Americans they can’t celebrate Christmas again this year, more and more of America is finished with this “public health” terrorism. Here in Texas, a hundred thousand unmasked Texas A&M fans poured onto the football field on Saturday after a last minute surprise victory over Alabama. In Texas and elsewhere, the Administration is losing the fear factor.

History may record this weekend as the turning point against the Biden Administration’s Covid tyranny. From nurses to pilots to truckers to even Amtrak workers, it appears that America is standing up and saying “enough!” Every one of our fellow citizens standing up on principle to oppose tyranny – facing the loss of their jobs and security – is owed a debt of gratitude by all who love liberty. Let’s hope that the peaceful rebellion continues to grow!

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...great-rebellion-over

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24054 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
I will once again step in it in this debate. I am sick and tired of the politization of this pandemic.

Here are the facts, as I see them.
-Covid is a real disease, and it not only kills bunches of people, but it also seriously disables people who eventually recover, but can take months. Caring for these patients is resource intensive.
-Our healthcare system has been reduced by beancounters to running at near capacity all the time (LEAN business practices and all that), such that the yearly flu pandemic is expected by healthcare workers to seasonally overwhelm us every year, and that a pandemic leads to inability to care for everyone (not just those ill with COVID, but the stroke, heart attack, and trauma patients who are going to get sick pandemic or not). The system does not have the slack that it should.
-There are not many patients who have been vaccinated that require hospitalization. I have seen some, but 90% plus are unvaccinated.

My opinions.
-The vaccines are effective. Not perfect, but definitely helpful.
-They are also safe. I believe I would have seen at least one serious side effect of the vaccines by now in my position in the Emergency Department here. To date, the only side effects I have seen have been normal immune responses (fever, muscle aches, headaches, etc). Of course, the possibility of death from the vaccines is like winning the lottery, highly unlikely but a bi deal if it happens to you.
-I do believe that post-infectious immunity exists, it could be better than the vaccine even, but how strong and how long lasting it is remains to be seen. Same with the vaccines. However, I don’t believe that actively trying to get the disease in order to gain immunity is the best strategy. My own experience is that positive tests in those who have had the disease previously are quite rare, same with those who are vaccinated. I would like to see more research in the area of post-infection immunity, and possibly a testing protocol to help us determine if and when vaccinating those people would be helpful.
-I believe Covid will be endemic, and hopefully, its severity and mortality will wane over time.

-I do not believe that this vaccine should be mandated by the government. I do believe that employers may look at their labor force and determine that it is in the employer’s interest to insure that they will not be losing significant numbers of employees to illness and quarantine. How that can best be done is debatable, it could be through vaccination, confirmation of immunity through antibody testing, or daily pre-shift COVID testing. Currently, vaccination would be least costly, however, employers must consider who they may lose fighting against their mandate if they go that route. We tend to be conservative/libertarian in views as a group, and support right-to-work policies. That implies that we support an employer’s right to chose who will work for them as well, correct?

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
As Southwest Cancels 100s More Flights On Monday, Ron Paul Opines On The 'Great Rebellion' Over Vaccine Mandates

The incredible cruelty and folly of forced vaccines finally came home to roost. The vaccine mandate backlash has been bubbling just under the surface, but now it has spilled out into the open, threatening to completely derail an already crumbling economy and to obliterate a deeply unpopular US President and Administration.

Seemingly out of nowhere what appears to be a Southwest Airlines rebellion has taken flight this weekend. According to media reports, scores of pilots and other Southwest employees have coordinated the taking of “sick days” to use them up in advance of a Southwest Airlines mandate to get the jab or lose the job. Over Saturday and Sunday more than 2,000 flights have been cancelled, with airports experiencing full-on mayhem.

The Southwest Airlines Pilots Association is suing the airline over the imposed vaccine mandate, bolstering the claim that there is a “sick out” underway among angry Southwest pilots.

The mainstream media is doing its best to keep a lid on the expanding rebellion against the vaccine mandates, and Southwest Airlines itself is blaming the cancellations on bad weather and a lack of air traffic controllers. However, the weather problems that Southwest claims to be experiencing seem unique to that carrier: no other airline (thus far) is reporting such weather-related cancellations. And FAA spokesperson Steve Kulm told USA Today that “No FAA air traffic staffing shortages have been reported since Friday."

Will other pilots, such as at American Airlines, follow suit? Rumors are circling that this is only the beginning.

Over the past few weeks, thousands of nurses, medical workers, and first responders have either quit or been fired for refusing to receive a medical treatment they do not want or need. The “nursing shortage” that Democrat politicians and the mainstream media had been blaming on “rising Covid cases” has been in reality a man-made disaster of historic proportions. The nursing crisis is not caused by “Covid” – cases have been in decline in the US for weeks. It is caused by the firing of medical personnel who refuse to take the experimental Covid shots.

The stupidity of adopting a policy of firing healthcare workers while at the same time claiming that there is a raging pandemic gripping the country has not been lost on Americans. President Biden’s polling numbers have unsurprisingly been in freefall, with major Democrat candidates like Virginia's Terry McAuliffe openly complaining that the deeply unpopular Biden is threatening him in a tight race for governor.

While Biden Administration lackeys like Fauci are telling Americans they can’t celebrate Christmas again this year, more and more of America is finished with this “public health” terrorism. Here in Texas, a hundred thousand unmasked Texas A&M fans poured onto the football field on Saturday after a last minute surprise victory over Alabama. In Texas and elsewhere, the Administration is losing the fear factor.

History may record this weekend as the turning point against the Biden Administration’s Covid tyranny. From nurses to pilots to truckers to even Amtrak workers, it appears that America is standing up and saying “enough!” Every one of our fellow citizens standing up on principle to oppose tyranny – facing the loss of their jobs and security – is owed a debt of gratitude by all who love liberty. Let’s hope that the peaceful rebellion continues to grow!

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...great-rebellion-over

Excellent article.

This is just the start I think. People have been pushed to the point that there's no more ground to be given. Personal freedoms at risk, professional freedoms at risk and only 2 choices. Vaccine or unemployed.
Some will give in and get the shot and that's their choice. Hopefully they've weighed advantages vs disadvantages beyond what they do for a living.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post