SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Passengers Furious After Hundreds of Flights Cancelled…Reported ‘Sick Out’ by Pilots and ATC Due to COVID [Vaccine] Mandate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passengers Furious After Hundreds of Flights Cancelled…Reported ‘Sick Out’ by Pilots and ATC Due to COVID [Vaccine] Mandate Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
for years various industries required you have certain shots and get tested for different things ....now all of a sudden it becomes a big deal.

Yes, I call BS on it... bunch of nambie.... pambie wimps scared to get a little shot....

Of course you have the right to refuse.... go home and quit your job and when you get Covid, deal with it AT HOME. Don't be a burden or danger to others.

Sure dude. I'm sure your posse is PROUD of you!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So...about the only thing I have left to say to Mr. Blume:

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I just got an ear full of this stuff.

Nephew is trying to fly now from Denver to Dallas on Southwest. It's uncertain if he will make it this evening or not.

Sister is supposed to fly OKC to Phoenix early in the morning on Southwest. Southwest can't, or won't tell her anything.

There is a really bad storm rolling through this greater area now and later this evening, so that certainly complicates thing.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
...are doing so for two reasons; the possible side effects of the vaccine (and there is evidence to support these concerns), and the fact that the government is trying to make it so that individuals no longer have the right of informed consent.
There is a third reason...Religious exemption protesting the actual construct of the "vaccines" with the use of Fetal Cell Lines. It would seem Libtards want to accuse ME of killing grandma and children because I refuse to take a jab "for the greater good". That's pretty RICH coming from a group that has MURDERED millions of innocent babies.

"There are six things the Lord hates.....Hands that shed innocent blood". - Proverbs 6:16-17

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Don't forget the fourth reason....Those who've already had & recovered from COVID, and therefore now have Robust Natural Immunity!

I claim ALL Four Reasons as exemptions, and justification for my refusal to comply! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
what a wonderful start

shut it down, shut everything down, either little by little or all at once

the people mandating vaccinations should get a high speed lead injection of their own

enough of this horseshit

time for being nice and polite is over, time to play rough, time to make people hurt

yeah, its gonna suck and its going to be really inconvenient but it needs to get worse before it can get better

but it will get better and the politicians will have to learn that we're not their subjects, we're their bosses

they are in for a painful awakening when it comes

I just hope it sooner rather than later that this whole thing explodes in their faces

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It appears we have an keyboard toughguy on the Forum. I guess every Forum has to have 1-2 of them.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
It appears we have an keyboard toughguy on the Forum. I guess every Forum has to have 1-2 of them.

Nah, a real internet tough guy would've quoted every post and doubled-down by the first page. A namby-pamby wimp would post a single comment, see his ass getting singed like it has been here for three pages, and quit the thread.

Run away to post another eyebrow-raising comment another day. Count on it.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
just read where the cancellations just hit 1800

will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow

should be worse and more disruptive

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing some buzz on social media, Amtrak is having some cancellations due to "unforeseen crew issues."

Posts: 341 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
I am suppose to fly Southwest in the morning from TPA to BWI. Maybe I will get to stay home!

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
God bless all these men and woman who are taking a stand against this strong-armed, tyrannical shit.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget who is exempt from the Vaccine mandate from Joe Biden. The legislative branch. (Congress) The Judiciary. I am not even sure the CDC employees have to take it.

I really hope this spreads nationwide to let the government know they have gone too far.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Who is John Gault?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.yahoo.com/now/sout...1-800-223218196.html

The Southwest Airlines Pilots Association (SWAPA) has blamed "management's poor planning" after more than 1,800 flights were cancelled over the weekend.

Following 808 cancellations on Saturday, the airline cancelled another 1,019 flights on Sunday, which accounts for 28% of their scheduled flights for the day, according to FlightAware.

Some of the cities with the most cancelled flights included SWA's hubs in Denver, Baltimore, Las Vegas, Chicago and Dallas, where the airline is based.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I was scheduled to fly home tonight from Fort Lauderdale to Austin on SWA. We got bounced from the baseball tourney earlier than planned and I paid $480.00 in fare difference to rebook to a flight last night. Got notice mid day yesterday that the new flight we booked was cancelled. Got rebooked on an early flight this morning, back to our original travel date. I called SWA and asked when I could expect my $480.00 refund.

I was told that I had to file a complaint via email to request the refund. So I did as soon as we hung up. Email response was quick and blamed the cancellation on ATC and explained that when I cancelled my first flight and rebooked I was making a new reservation which was not entitled to a refund, only a rebook on the best alternative. After explaining that I didn’t have a right to a refund they said they were giving it to me anyway.

All in all, it was a minor inconvenience because we had a free place to stay for the night and I got the $480 refunded. After understanding the real reason I am even less bothered by the cancellation but more disappointed in SWA. Herb, we miss you!

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I have to fly back to NC for a trial at the end of the month…and of course Mrs. Mike and I are booked on Southwest(it’s an hour south of me in Austin). Hope this gets resolved before then. Mrs. Mike doesn’t want to drive. I’m all for it because I can bring my gun. (Yes I know you can fly with a gun)

I’m all for this. I hope more places push back. No one should be forced to take any drug for a whole lotta reasons

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nationwide strike. No one wants to work anyway

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Sounds like LUV stock is a buy Monday morning.

1800 flights is A LOT.

I got caught up in this a few months ago with American, it was a fucking zoo.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Speaking of AA...

This is not news....Yet, but rumor has it that American Airlines is 'working' on a similar action' to what's happening at Southwest.

This is from Alex Berenson (on Substack), who has proven to be VERY reliable, and has communication from a AA employee indicating they're 'organizing now and preparing to use up sick time and such'. Time will tell, as they say....I say, Bring It! Wink

https://alexberenson.substack....s-employee/comments?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Speaking of AA...

This is not news, yet, but rumor has it that American Airlines is 'working' on a similar action' to what's happening at Southwest.

This is from Alex Berenson (on Substack), who has proven to be VERY reliable, and has communication from a AA employee indicating they're 'organizing now and preparing to use up sick time and such'. Time will tell, as they say....I say, Bring It! Wink

https://alexberenson.substack....s-employee/comments?

Oh boy

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post