SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Passengers Furious After Hundreds of Flights Cancelled…Reported ‘Sick Out’ by Pilots and ATC Due to COVID [Vaccine] Mandate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passengers Furious After Hundreds of Flights Cancelled…Reported ‘Sick Out’ by Pilots and ATC Due to COVID [Vaccine] Mandate Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I am a DoD employee.
I am 10 years from retirement.
I have myself and 3 kids on BC/BS Federal.
I have a few chronic (read, expensive) conditions.
One of my kids is type one diabetic.

I can replace the paycheck. The benefits? Not so much.

What do I do?

I am most bothered by the mandating of the thing. I don’t really have an issue with the vaccines themselves. I just don’t like being told I have to do anything, gets my hackles up.

The flip side, you can’t have a civil conversation about ANYTHING these days.
I think Blume9mm is fully entitled to his opinion. But I don’t think he has any more right to make decisions about me than I do about him.
My opinion, these vaccine mandates seems entirely too much like a power and money play.
And that is as far up on my soapbox as I will get for now.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Fuckn' Aye. Wonder if their Union will help them with all of this.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
I am a DoD employee.
I am 10 years from retirement.
I have myself and 3 kids on BC/BS Federal.
I have a few chronic (read, expensive) conditions.
One of my kids is type one diabetic.

I can replace the paycheck. The benefits? Not so much.

What do I do?

You do whats best for you and your family.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'm still finding it incredible that people actually think that the vermin in Washington can actually mandate anything...

Bidet goes on tv, coughs a few times and demands vaccinations for all, and everyone seems to think that actually means something

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ I don't think people do. I think corporate heads are trying to avoid logistical headaches - and that Potato and Company are counting on that. If mass mobilization was the Dems' strong suit these days Congress would've already voted on the $3.5 trillion infrastructure bill. Who knows? Maybe stolen elections really do have consequences.

I'm waiting to hear about Delta and other airlines. I was looking forward to getting on a plane for the first fun trip I've taken in a while later this month, but I think I'll survive waiting a bit longer just fine. All of the traveling I need to do for work is best done by SUV.

Anyone want to start a pool on whether or not the pilots and the rest decide that a sick-out around Thanksgiving would be highly effective? At this point I think people's anger would be (quite properly) directed at the airlines rather than the people refusing to knuckle under.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Yes, I call BS on it... bunch of nambie.... pambie wimps scared to get a little shot....
You have managed to miss the point entirely. This stuff about "being scared of a shot" is a cheap argument, and it's disingenuous. People who refuse to get vaccinated- and this includes yours truly- are doing so for two reasons; the possible side effects of the vaccine (and there is evidence to support these concerns), and the fact that the government is trying to make it so that individuals no longer have the right of informed consent.

You can take your vaccine and you can take your chiding and ridiculous oversimplification of being 'scared of a shot" and you can cram them as far up your ass as you can get them. Smile

If anyone is "scared" it's the bunch of Chicken Littles running around DEMANDING other people put something into their body they do not trust, and who are predicting the end of the world if everyone is not vaccinated. It seems that you are included in this group. Here's hoping you get the fuck over it. Whether or not you stop allowing the propagada to frighten you, I and others will determine for ourselves what does and does not go into our bodies.

Right there with ya Para.
I keep on telling some people that there's not enough testing done on this vaccine. It was pushed and rushed out. What about long term effects?
All I get is, "You're a Trumper". "So you think there's a chip in it?" Neither is applicable.
For now, I have personal choice what I do including what I want from health care professionals.
Pilot shortage because some won't be forced to get a shot. Same with nurses and doctors. Big manufacturing plants, same.
Will it end? What will done to those that refuse the shot? Lots of questions and little answers.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Anyone want to start a pool on whether or not the pilots and the rest decide that a sick-out around Thanksgiving would be highly effective? At this point I think people's anger would be (quite properly) directed at the airlines rather than the people refusing to knuckle under.

That's a knife that cuts deep.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Bring It....This is likely the ONLY way to stop this Insanity, so it's gonna need to hurt!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8870 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yep. The times are what they are, and neither we nor the pilots made them that way.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
bunch of nambie.... pambie wimps scared to get a little shot....

Don't be a burden or danger to others.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10930 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
And I'm flying to Texas for Thanksgiving. Yippee.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
And I'm flying to Texas for Thanksgiving.
Not unless that Geyhound bus can get airborne. Razz

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
God bless all these men and woman who are taking a stand against this strong-armed, tyrannical shit.
Thank you, Alan. I will say I'm putting a VERY satisfying and VERY lucrative career on the line for the sake of my principles, beliefs, and freedom. I, and many others in our camp, are willing to fall on our sword for the future of this country and "the collective good".

I hate to have even used that phrase, but I'll throw it right back in the Libtards' faces...

** p.s. I do not work at Southwest.

*** p.p.s. Might I also add that a planned "sick out" is waaaaaaaaay against Federal law in the form of the Railway Labor Act. Any union group violating the RLA can be fine YUUUUUUGE amounts of money. Just ask some of the American Airlines pilots of years past...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I’m not afraid of the vaccine. I’m resisting coercion and compulsion. Imagine I’m a wet bar of soap in the shower. Hold me with respect and I’ll do my job. Try to confine me with pressure and I’m gone. Once gone don’t try to pick me up. It’s a trap.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Said, before (and not the only one), that people should have prepared themselves.

Not simply "prepper", but actual "preparing themselves", knowing where your lines are drawn and "why" you did so.

The mental preparation is a great deal of how to survive almost anything. All the other stuff (beyond absolute necessities) is mostly for convenience and ease of the journey.

Well said.

Silent

Posts: 1025 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
for years various industries required you have certain shots and get tested for different things ....now all of a sudden it becomes a big deal.

Yes, I call BS on it... bunch of nambie.... pambie wimps scared to get a little shot....

Of course you have the right to refuse.... go home and quit your job and when you get Covid, deal with it AT HOME. Don't be a burden or danger to others.

I had the damn virus before the shots were available. I have natural immunity, therefore the shot is all risk, no benefit to me as it clearly isn't working anyway.

It is one thing to require a proven, well-studied vaccine. It is something else completely to require you to be a test subject in an ongoing clinical study.

You do know that Pfizer and Moderna both unblinded their control groups and offered all of the control group the vaccine right? That study was supposed to continue for a full two years. Now there are no matched controls.

Furthermore, there is no way these companies will learn from their draconian BS other than pissed off customers and lost revenue.

Nambie pambie... Please. These guys have stones for standing up to this draconian BS.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

I asked earlier - who is John Gault?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
God bless all these men and woman who are taking a stand against this strong-armed, tyrannical shit.
Thank you, Alan. I will say I'm putting a VERY satisfying and VERY lucrative career on the line for the sake of my principles, beliefs, and freedom. I, and many others in our camp, are willing to fall on our sword for the future of this country and "the collective good".

I hate to have even used that phrase, but I'll throw it right back in the Libtards' faces...

** p.s. I do not work at Southwest.

There's strength in numbers! I too, Thank You for your commitment!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8870 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

I asked earlier - who is John Gault?

Who cares? Ayn Rand had issues.

I'm in the schoolhouse presently with someone who is doing an initial type rating. He's unvaccinated, but has stated that if he's mandated to get the shot, he will quit before he takes the shot.

I got the pfizer earlier this year, and will get the booster when I have a chance. To each his own.

One thing neither of us will do is interrupt line service to make a political statement, regardless of our beliefs.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

One thing neither of us will do is interrupt line service to make a political statement, regardless of our beliefs.

Political statement? Get a clue ffs.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post