SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"...
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"... Login/Join 
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

You have to wonder about his thinking. Do we go from accusation directly to punishment? Are all police automatically guilt when a person of color is shot? I say police as police aren usually are always placed on paid leave after a shooting. The 6 police officers in Baltimore recently received their back pay after the fraudulent charges were dismissed. Certainly not "paid leave" but one of the most recent examples. Perhaps he's taken a page from Mosby's book when she talked about not being able to force a jury trial.

Were he on trial I'm sure he'd have an expensive "dream team" of lawyers to get him off. He'd want judgement by the law not emotion. However, that's not something allowed the police.

My opinion is that he's seen the future. His football career is over. He'll be replaced. Now he'll become a professional victim blaming others for his inabilities.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why does that ignorant jackwit still have a job? Idiotic bastard makes 19 million a year for running around with a little fucking ball and he's "oppressed". Roll Eyes You're not oppressed, idiot, but you are an idiot, in a big way.

Fire his fucking ass and let him try dealing with the real world.

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
Just another Tatted up thug that can't put a coherent sentence together. Fire his ass. I wouldn't watch this sorry SOB play if he was in front of my house. Mad

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, in the words of Doc Holliday in Tombstone, "Let's have a spelling contest!!"

The values of this society are seriously screwed up to give 19 million dollars a year to that.

posted Hide Post
One look at Kaepernick's Twitter page and it reveals an individual who's not very focused on his job.
https://twitter.com/kaepernick7?lang=en
He wants to come across as deep, thoughtful and insightful, the reality: he's a FORMER starting QB, getting paid starter money who was beaten out by a failed player from another team.

His career continues in a downward trajectory and he's now created a distraction for the team he once was considered a leader of. His preseason so far has been more focused by creating distractions through poorly thought out actions, and less on his inability to secure a position in his profession. He may think he's got much to loose by taking a 'controversial stand' however, he seems to have forgotten he's no longer a leader on the team, he's a backup and he's still recovering from an injury. AND, that contract isn't guaranteed.

Looks like the foolish are lining up to follow the foolish:
Myke Tavarres plans to sit out national anthem Thursday

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last year he converted to Islam.

Posts: 1947 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He strikes me as a drooling moron whose mind allows processing of only simple concepts and manages to get them wrong anyway.

The NFL gives millions of dollars a year to truly stupid people, and some of those people are indignant about it. Yeah, poor baby. I see your plight.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
Well, if he thinks he is so oppressed by the United States of America, he is welcome to renounce his citizenship and move his sorry self to some other country.

I agree, but with two provisions:

1. He loses all those millions he is earning,

2. He is prevented from EVER returning here.

How does this idiot explain how exploited he is when he is taking millions to the bank every year?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
Why doesn't someone ask this genius where he invests in black/oppressed/underprivileged youth with all his money?

Surely he puts his money where his mouth/ass is on a regular basis.

I would almost guarantee this clown is in debt up to his eyeballs after all the benefiting he has done with his pocketbook to those black/oppressed/underprivileged youth he cares so much about.

or he hasn't spent a plug nickel on "the cause"

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 938 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigMaverick:
Why doesn't someone ask this genius where he invests in black/oppressed/underprivileged youth with all his money?

I would almost guarantee this clown is in debt up to his eyeballs after all the benefiting he has done with his pocketbook to those black/oppressed/underprivileged youth he cares so much about.

You make a good point.

I read an article a while back re the goodly portion of pro athletes who file for bankruptcy not many years after the retire. IIRC NFL players led the major pro sports both in terms of the highest portion who file for bankruptcy, and the shortest time after retirement when they file.

I agree with other posts indicating this is likely his excuse, to blame others, for his pending demise.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10375 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
This is not a hero.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgwiggans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigMaverick:

It would be interesting to see what causes he does back financially. As for Collin personally, he was born to a single mother (father out of the picture prior to birth) who gave him up for adoption. He grew up in a very affluent family in Turlock, CA. The Kaepernicks are a very prominent in the dairy & cheese industry in CA. His background growing up doesn't fit with the story of racial oppression (as far as I know of it). I would certainly like to know how much he's contributed these past years, to charities for the underprivileged. I hope he has. He certainly doesn't need it for himself.

Posts: 1884 | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
When Kaepernick puts on the uniform, he represents the 49ers and the NFL. If they let him get away with it, then they condone it.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Actually, he never said he was repressed. He's speaking out on behalf of the others who he can't identify or back up with stats or proof of the repression.

I mean if The Man was so repressive, how in the world was he and others similarly situated able to play pro ball?

Posts: 4249 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
as far as I'm concerned he can be oppressed all the way to the unemployment line.

I sure hope he blew everything he earned up until now

that would be so nice to have him return to his 'roots'

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53786 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5905 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Betcha he screams when they release him.

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Betcha he screams when they release him.

He will be cut. Not because he didn't/won't stand, but because his skills are diminished. I think he knew this, and started this non-stand protest so that when he is cut, he'll claim it's because of his protest and then be viewed as a martyr.

He's an asshole.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post