SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"...
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Give this man a harrumph.

http://www.allenbwest.com/alle...man-colin-kaepernick

Excellent! Thanks for posting it!

Just finished reading the link. Allen West is very impressive. From the link:
quote:

When the National Anthem is played, I salute because I am a black man born and raised in the inner city afforded the opportunity for greatness in my own right. May you seek God’s forgiveness and find humility, because we, the people are not going to forget what you did and said.

Posts: 7671 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
He knows he could be cut by San Francisco for this stand. Criticized, ostracized, and he'll go it all alone if need be.

Yep, just what I thought. He knew he was going to get beat out because of his performance this preseason and this is going to be his excuse.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I hope SF tells him to walk.

Whatever you think is wrong or right here is another look at it. When he's one the field he's working. He's paid to do a job. Part of the job is not to do things with may upset those that make his company(the 49'ers and NFL money). I think he failed at that today.

Companies have dress codes, conduct codes and all kinds of other rules. Make your political statement on your own time.

If I had an employee that did something that could negatively affect a large portion if our client base we would have a problem.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Several NFL analysts are saying that he was not going to be the starter and was probably going to be cut based on his performance in the preseason, so this is likely him setting up his excuse. 'They cut me because I'm black and outspoken'.
Seems most definite.
He knows he is on the chopping block for performance, so he is calling for the racist card distraction play.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Imagine our forefathers, struggling to raise money to supply a Continental Army (against the Brits), saying to themselves, "What? You are paying these men HOW MUCH? To run around a field with A BALL?"

Actually our forefathers would be thinking that any professional athlete (no matter how he acts up) is worth exactly as much as he signed his contract for. No more, no less. You know that yet make some dumb ass professional sports remark just because you don't watch?

Posts: 7671 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I believe our Forefathers would say "why should we care what this ENTERTAINER (which is a category ALL pro athletes fall into) thinks and if he's stupid enough to express his views in such a fashion, he can be ostracized by us and his fellow Americans"... making his life hell. Unfortunately intelligence is not a requisite for citizenship.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dakor,

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It's quite possible that the players on the opposing teams may share their displeasure with him during each game.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
I just read on DRUDGE a statement from Kaepernick that it is insane that a cop can be trained in 6 months and it takes longer to be a cosmologist. I can't post the link.

Well, the idiot should be pointing the blame at unions and protectionist bureaucrats.

Fuck him and the goat he rode in on.

Posts: 3265 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Several NFL analysts are saying that he was not going to be the starter and was probably going to be cut based on his performance in the preseason, so this is likely him setting up his excuse. 'They cut me because I'm black and outspoken'.
Seems most definite.
He knows he is on the chopping block for performance, so he is calling for the racist card distraction play.

Makes sense to me.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Too bad he didn't have a coach like Buzz Williams.

Posts: 6568 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I can't embed the video because it's from Facebook, but really good look at what Jeff Fisher told his team about the national anthem:

https://www.facebook.com/losan...s/10153647947030981/

excerpt:
quote:
Los Angeles Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher: "National anthem... It's a respect thing. It's a self-respect thing. It's a respect for your teammates. It's a respect for this game. It's a respect for this country... It's an opportunity to realize how lucky you are..."

This is how we do it...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post
Kaepernick's refusal to stand for the National Anthem began near the end of last season, coinciding with being benched for the final 8 games. After a dismal 2-6 start, Kaepernick was replaced with Blaine Gabbert, a Caucasian quarterback. Sour-grapes is the new racism. Roll Eyes

Posts: 553 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
just because you don't watch?
i stopped a long time ago.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Couldn't the owner keep this idiot in the locker room until AFTER the National Anthem? Can't he also dictate who can speak to the media while on HIS property?

If I were the owner of the team...ok assuming I couldn't or didn't want to fire the idiot...I'd keep his butt away from a TV camera before the game and after the game. Idiot wants a platform...yeah, not in my building.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Kap is going for his Ryan Lochet moment in sports, since he can't make it as athlete.

I suspect if Eddie D. were still running the 49'ers, Kap would have had a boating accident by now, with the body being washed out to sea. More likely Kap, 30 seconds after his stunt, would now be in search of a job with BLM.

The BLM movement is all about Black relevance. African Americans are quite becoming the bottom rung of the ladder in the US.

Rung one is evil Whitey.
Rung two which once were African Americans, is now held by Hispanics.
Rung the is pretty much held by Asian Americans, with the H1B converted to green cards / US citizenship Indians Columbus was looking for but failed to find.
Rung four is owned by African Americans.
Rung five is held by the American Indians.

Economically it's even worse for African Americans. With Asian and Indian way above them. Only the American Indian is worse off.

It's the African American community's last gasp at relevance.

You think that Asian's, Indians and Hispanics give a damn about the poor oppressed African Americans? I seriously doubt it.The heavily armed Korean's of the LA riots certainly did not care and would no doubt have opened fire on the poor oppressed African Americans trying to get their denied share of wealth or goodies.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1690 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
It's quite possible that the players on the opposing teams may share their displeasure with him during each game.

If I were the coach of the team playing against this ass-hat, I'd CERTAINLY use that little nugget to motivate my defensive line and linebackers. That dude would see more turf than Scotts weed and feed.....

Maybe it's dicktards like this that wake up the silent majority and remind us what liberty and freedom really means.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: erj_pilot,

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Anyone interview Colin's white parents on what they think of their son's recent choices?

Posts: 4426 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
This ain't working the way ol' Colin was hoping it would...

http://www.weaselzippers.us/29...for-national-anthem/

- John Adams

posted Hide Post
Well if Obama could get away with a crotch salute, why not this. Nice leadership Zero.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I'm an Eagles fan, but hats off to the Giants. Well done.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post